Pods, great or shite.

• Great

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Shite

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Banana

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
It feels like the restrictions from TPD, and similar throughout the world, have made it almost impossible for independent makers to continue working towards, designing and producing the best tank.

not sure about this point, there are quite a lot of highly rated tanks that have come out since tpd. mtl ones, at least.

For me a POD is anything that is not a tank, they come in many shapes and sizes.

but all pods haves tank though, no? and the oh ones with magnets even have a separate removable tank. it just doesn’t have the standard connection.

i think a lot of what people call pods aren’t really pods at all. they are just a mod and a tank with a proprietary connector to tie you in to using the tank included with it.

All vaping devices are on the great/shite scale.

Great devices are well designed and made to have a long life. They are repairable and supported with spares when required for their long life. They use industry standard connectors. They are easily recycled at the end of their life.

Pods tend towards the other end of the scale with disposable pods being at the extreme end of the shite scale.

i think a lot of what people call pods aren’t really pods at all. they are just a mod and a tank with a proprietary connector to tie you in to using the tank included with it.

I agree

As far as I can remember 'Pod' comes from JUUL pods .... you buy the juul kit and buy replacement 'JUUL pods', pods being a push in tank with with liquid and coil. I don't remember pods before that. JUUL had a massive share of the vaping market in the US, so China started making things that were basically JUUL clones, but with refillable pods, people had already started posting information about how to break into JUUL pods and refill them ... and it's easier and cheaper to make and sell empty pods.

Now they'll call literally anything a pod, a 5ml DTL tank with replaceable coils is still a pod to some manufacturers.

Honestly though, I don't care, it is what it is, regardless of what they call it. ... but it does make talking about stuff confusing.

I voted 'shite' because (right back to JUUL) they've had an overall negative on the vaping industry. The negatives far outweighing the positives imo.

What would you describe this as?
To me it's a mod with plastic tank and option to add a 510 adapter..

pc-specs-explode.png

specs-explode.png

But it's sold as a pod kit?

A step backwards from the original swag and swag II kits. ... same thing, you just get a shitter tank with it now.
Got my missus on a swag II with an Ares II. She loves it.. I like the new swag but I'm bunging a 510 adapter on it to put my own rta's on it.. So small and pocketable

Got my missus on a swag II with an Ares II. She loves it.. I like the new swag but I'm bunging a 510 adapter on it to put my own rta's on it.. So small and pocketable

all the swag mods are really good ... I don't know why they felt the need to turn it into a pod, is that what people want and if so how is that better than a regular tank?

all the swag mods are really good ... I don't know why they felt the need to turn it into a pod, is that what people want and if so how is that better than a regular tank?
Probably much cheaper to produce

Back
Top Bottom