What's new

Nicorette are getting desperate

Bear's Vapes

Initiate
Was watching the telly last night and saw nicorette's latest offering. It promises to relieve VAPING cravings within 30 seconds. Went to their website to see what shite they're spouting about it.

The usual rubbish about you are 2.5x more likely to give up smoking vs willpower alone, what they fail to state is that only 1% (I made that up) of smokers can quit by willpower alone, making their 2.5x only 2.5%. I would hazard a guess and estimate that close to 100% of smokers who try vaping will give up smoking, again I made that up, but I tried their gum and I tried their patches and neither worked. Why? Because they offer no relief whatsoever from the craving. The act of putting something to your mouth, taking a draw, getting the mouth taste, throat hit and plume of vapour does relieve the craving.

What they have is mouth-wash in an aerosol.

And a lot of desperation.

At my most desperate i was taking a trial drug called zyban, had 2 patches on and was chewing their gum and still wanting a smoke. Dual fuelling on fags and cigalikes i was able to cut smoking right down, then when i got a kanger box mod and some ry 4, smoking was gone for good.
I think a good portion of those who pack in smoking using patches would have packed in anyway just by willpower, but we`ll never know that will we

after you have given up smoking by vaping, and given up vaping by a nicorette, you can give up the nicorette using some snus. then keep going round in an ever decreasing circle, removing one each time :)

Horses for courses. I know people who have quit smoking using gum and patches. They don't smoke any more and have never vaped. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for others. The greater the diversity of products available - to cater to all - the better it is in my opinion.

I was on the wee nicorette tabs for a few years, they work because they deliver nicotine into the system, they are expensive and addictive though, coming off them was just as tough as stopping smoking.
I know a girl who has been on them easy 15 years.....pops them like smarties, but as she say's at least Im not smoking.

It wasn`t just me, there were 16 of us on an 8 week zyban treatment, after 6 weeks there were on 3 left.

after you have given up smoking by vaping, and given up vaping by a nicorette, you can give up the nicorette using some snus. then keep going round in an ever decreasing circle, removing one each time :)
or in the case of the friend of @Rickster who needs to try Wriggleys new "Nicorette quit-gum quitting gum"

No-one finds it ironic that they've shifted their focus onto vaping? The government has repeatedly refused (not refuted) any evidence that vaping is a valid smoking-cessation tool, with no evidence of their own to the contrary. Also with no evidence that vaping causes any harm, not one jot of evidence. Yet companies like nicorette are allowed massive tax breaks by rebranding a product to tackle a problem that doesn't exist. I wonder how many shares Rishi has in Johnson&Johnson?

mandarin duck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom