What's new

2 batteries in a month?

Major Tom

Initiate
Hi everyone,

My current innokin adept zlide kit has started to show the amber indicator after a few hours of fully charging, because I loved it so much I brought a brand new one to replace and already, after about 3 weeks it's doing the same. The green fully charged light shows for about 20 minutes then goes straight to amber? Are these batteries defective?

This is my third one now, the first one lasted years!

how long is the battery lasting before you need to fully charge again?
and are you using the charger cable that came with the kit or a different mobile phone cable?

like anything as soon as you start to use it it will start draining but i have no idea how much use will then switch it to amber. it could well be only a few puffs. also as these kits are around 5 years old now did you buy from a vape shop or somewhere like ebay or amazon. could be very old stock so sat on a shelf for 5 years will deteriate any battery.

on one site it shows it should last at least a day
The Innokin Adept comes with a 3000mAh battery life. Combined with the higher resistance of the coil, this means it offers an excellent battery life, and all but the heaviest vapers should easily get more than a day of vaping out of the device before needing to recharge.
if you are using the higher wattage setting then of course that will drain quicker
The Zlide automatically selects a wattage range based on the coil you use. For higher resistance coils you can choose between 11 and 14 watts and for lower resistance coils you can use between 14 and 17 watts. This eliminates the chance of accidentally selecting the wrong wattage, ensuring longer coil life and better flavour.

so could well be old or faulty battery but as i dont own this kit ive not got a lot to go by. depending where you bought it they may exchange so worth a try.

Hi everyone,

My current innokin adept zlide kit has started to show the amber indicator after a few hours of fully charging, because I loved it so much I brought a brand new one to replace and already, after about 3 weeks it's doing the same. The green fully charged light shows for about 20 minutes then goes straight to amber? Are these batteries defective?

This is my third one now, the first one lasted years!

Difficult to say.

is that 20 minutes stood on a desk or 20 minutes of continuous vaping?

a 3000mah battery should give you around 500-550 puffs vaping MTL @10w (that's fully charged - to a 3.4ish mod cut off) Higher wattage and longer draws than a few seconds will use it much quicker obviously.

What coil are you using and what power bar are you on? My bro-inlaw uses these and he found turning the power down a couple of 'bars' really made a difference to how long it lasted him.

If you are vaping pretty much continuously, at the highest power setting I could see it dropping from green to amber in under half an hour.... but that isn't really enough information, unless you can measure the voltage who really knows how much is left? The cells have a nominal voltage of 3.7v and will drop from 4.2 to 3.7v quite quickly but should stay there for quite a long time.

... like I said, it's difficult to say. Run it all the way down and see how long that takes you. If it's dropping on it's own (not holding voltage) then that does suggest a worn (or old) cell.

Thanks guys for the helpfull feedback, I'm going to try these suggestions and see if it makes any difference over the next few days :), much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom