• Meh. It's alright.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most definitely not!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SpaceInvapers

Postman
wismec-predator-228-review.jpg

The much-anticipated Wismec Predator 228 mod has finally arrived on UK shores, and it was definitely worth the wait.

Pipped as being Wismec’s “Alien beater” and playfully called “Predator” (Alien Vs Predator, ha) – this mod boasts 228w of power (via dual-18650s), various temperature control modes, and even reverse charging through the Avatar Reverse Charger (so you can charge your phone or another mod on the go!)

Looks & Feel

The Predator is a nice, symmetrical looking mod. It comes in a variety of five designs (All black, black & red, rose gold, white and stainless). The screen is dead centre, with adjustment buttons and micro-USB port below. The fire button is the left side-trigger – the other ‘trigger’ is purely for aesthetic purposes to keep the mod symmetrical.

It’s only a few millimetres bigger than the Smok Alien (we’ll be comparing these two mods a lot during this review!) and weighs a touch more. It also feels sturdier, and the finish on the paint looks a lot more resilient – we all know about the paint-flaking issues that plague the Smok Alien kits.

wismec-predator-228-side.jpg

Specification
  • Size: 43.6 x 29 x 86.7mm
  • Thread: 510 spring loaded thread
  • Cell type: high-rate 18650 cell
  • Output mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
  • Output wattage: 1-228W
  • Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC);0.1-3.5(VW)
  • TEMP Range: 100-315C/200-600F
  • Max charging current: 2A
  • Max output current: 50A
  • Output voltage range: 0.5-9V
The Predator’s spring-loaded 510 feels of good quality and is easy to screw your tank/RDA of choice into.

The resistance range of the Predator allows for vaping in both temperature control and variable wattage mode; ranging 0.05 ohms to 1.5 ohms in TC mode, and 0.1 ohms to 3.5 ohms in Variable Wattage mode, giving you great control and flexibility over how you vape, and allowing you to focus on what works for you.

Wismec has included their standard Dual Circuit Protection and Reverse Polarity Protection in the PREDATOR 228 to prevent over-charging / over-discharging, and the device also has balance charge technology to ensure safety and consistency when charging the batteries whilst in the mod itself.

Other observations & conclusion
A small but thoughtful feature is the battery cover. With other mods such as the Alien, you have to slide the battery cover into place, whereas with the Predator it has a very nice “click,” without any sliding. We’ve had a few people having issues with catching / damaging the bottom of the battery wraps in mods that have some form of slide in their battery covers.

All in all – we’re quite impressed withe Predator 228. Whilst it’s nothing ground-breaking or overly innovative, it is an all-round solid mod, with a nice, simplistic design and all of the features one would need. It gets a solid 8/10 from us!

Full blog and more images here: https://www.spaceinvapers.co.uk/wismec-predator-228-review/

I love the size and weight of the Wismec Predator. The fact that the firmware can be updated to keep the mod current.

The left side hidden fire trigger button is delightful and easy to operate. With 50 Amp combined battery power it is possible to fire the Predator at 228w, I tried it once with Sony VTC 5’s my cotton caught light lol, at 100w or under the battery life is excellent.

The Elabo tank did surprise me. While I personally think it’s a pretty ugly, plain tank, the performance I received was very good.

The 4.6ml of e-liquid lasted me much longer than I would have thought, vaping at 80w plus I didn’t experience any loss of flavour.

Really good review dude, are you still using the mod or have you moved onto something else?

I think the review was good and nice to see a review that's written instead of some tosser getting a hard on over what's coming out of there mouth on YouTube [emoji23]

Nice review. While I would agree on most points, quality is not one of them.

I've had mine for about 3 weeks. When I first received it I was thrilled with the stainless finish, how lightweight it was and comfortable to use. Sadly, 3 days ago, it started to autofire! After autofiring for 10 seconds (thankfully this will auto shut if off). The fire button becomes unresponsive. The voltage adjustment button will however start it autofiring firing again. Gutted :(. After a bit of searching this isn't an isolated issue either. The issue is juice can and will get stick between the metal diaphragm and firing pin whether this is juice that leaked in from the firing trigger or condensation through the cheap 510 I couldn't say for sure.. When I took apart the predator I can confirm this is the issue. I had had no leaks since using this mod and only condensation and perhaps 'juiced up' hands after mixing were the culprit. Juice will find its way behind the trigger which is poorly sealed and the 510 is tbh a joke.

I found how to fix the mod which means a complete disassembly. The internals are very cheap with very thin plastic throughout. Looking at the firing pin holder (plastic) i can't see it lasting the test of time, even without the autofire issue. There's also the 510 issues which thankfully I haven't come across (yet). The clean/fix worked for about a week until the issue raised its head again and I have now lost all trust in it as I obviously don't want it to autofire and it'is also unusable after it does this which means I go all day without a vape at work - not ideal!

Its a fantastic looking mod, easy to use, update etc - the faults though are unforgiveable and I would urge anyone considering it to thoroughly research prior to buying as many others have had these problems.

Back
Top Bottom