What's new

Airline policies on carrying devices/Liquids

jman316

Postman
im travelling soon with two potential carriers. Turkish Airlines and Emirates.

Emirates have told me that I can carry my device on board as long as i dont use it ( i dont plan to). This should be as ill be able to use it at Dubai internation at my stopover.

Im not so clear on Turkish Airlines/Istanbul airport.
This is what they sent to me..
" Thank you for your feedback

For security reasons the following substances are prohibited to carry as checked baggage or hand baggage .

Alarmed briefcases and security type attaché cases, items containing lithium batteries and/or pyrotechnic material,

The portable vehicles such as hoverboards, segways, airwheels, balance wheels, etc. that run on lithium-ion batteries are prohibited to be carried as accompanied by the passenger in the cabin or as checked baggage in the Company's flights.

Explosives, ammunition, fireworks and flares,

Flammable, non-flammable, deep-frozen or poisonous gases including camping gas and aerosols,

Flammable substances such as paints, lighter, lighter fluid and thinner,

Matches, flammable solids easily or spontaneously combustible or that are liable to combust when in contact with water,

Oxidizing substances (such as bleaching agents and peroxide),

Poisonous (toxic) and contagious substances,

Radioactive substances,

Corrosives (such as thermometers containing mercury, acid and fluid batteries),

Equipment liable to cause injury, disabling chemical spray substances, substances causing irritation or incapacitation such as pepper spray,

Magnetic substances,

Medical oxygen tubes.

You may get detailed information via related link ;

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/travel-information/baggage/dangerous-goods

Thank you for choosing to fly with Turkish Airlines."

This seems to cover everything but i just want your interpretation of this.

APES Go..... ???

Look forward to your responses.

Eliquid is classed as a poison so technically you cant fly it out.

Most of us DIY so dont have labels on our juices, no label = no poison sign.

Batteries are in hand luggage, as are mods.

I normally have all electricals with me as I would hate to have my suitcase go missing or arrive later amd have to try and replace expensive stuff (phone, tablet, camera, lens etc).

Batteries charged and in a mod, all other mods have no batteries. Spare batteries in their cases, charged of course.

Liquids I normally have 100ml hand luggage, including what is in my tank. The rest go in my suitcase. Tape wrapped round the top/neck, bagged, bagged into a carrier bag and knotted, then slotted into another carrier bag that is knotted. If it leaks it wont ruin clothes.

Enjoy your holiday!

Ok, so put my eliquid in unmarked bottles. I can take a larger quantity (say 30ml) in suitcase But what do i say if say have a small 10ml unmarked bottle in my handluggage and they ask?

Batteries I will keep charged and in a case. Only planning to take one small device which has a built in battery. Im hoping i can just leave it in my hand luggage!

Be honest with them if they ask what it is, lying will potentially leave you having all of your suitcases and bags searched.

I pack several 100ml in my suitcases and have a couple of smaller bottles to refill and carry with me.

Check what stance the country you are going to has on vaping.

I tend to put my mod through the scanner in the box the airport give to empty pockets and put bags in.

Relax mate, you wil not be the first person flying on holiday and being a vaper!

Lastly, you may want to say which countries you are going to land in, even for a connecting flight as people can give you details of their direct experience.

So Turkish Airlines have now confirmed that I can carry my device (built in 2600mah battery) on my person. :)

Im flying to Pakistan, then India via Istanbul.

Better stock up on a couple of smaller bottles which can be unlabeled.

Thank you for your help Miss Pepper :)

They might be inquisitive about a labelled bottle, but surely an unlabelled one is bound to be scrutinized?

I put a "Glooop" label on all my DIYs. They do have a hazchem on them because I also make them for family & friends who have kids at home, and they're designed to give you a clue as to what's in the bottle, like a picture that hints at the flavour. For example:

KI2.jpg

So far I've only had my bags searched once while carrying e-juice. On that occasion they took it at face value and didn't even bother to have a sniff. Mind you, there's no option for me; I really have to use labels on my DIYs because I usually have at least half a dozen in rotation at a given time.

your right, it may be put up for more scrutiny if there is no label. However, previously have taken toiletries after putting them in smaller bottles, bought from the pound shop. and taken through in clear bag.

I might just stick a label on it to be on the safe side though!

Back
Top Bottom