What's new

Beginner up-grader, which battery for Kanger?

shnabz

Hey everyone,

I've been vaping for quite some time now, probably 2 years. I have always used the standard battery/clearomizers from my local garage, and I would like something a higher quality/durability. I've been looking at the Kanger Pro Tank Mini 3. I am going to buy it, but I'm not sure which battery I need. It is dual coil, and requires 3.2 - 3.7v. Can anyone recommend a suitable battery, nothing expensive?

Thanks, Mike

I notice you haven't got any responses yet, so will have a stab at helping out. :)

Your question is a little bit too general. Which makes a simple answer difficult.

I believe the pro tank 3 has an 'ego' type connection. Most of the smaller cylinder style batteries have this connection, and will work fine. As the batteries get larger they will more commonly have a '510' connector. The 510 will require an adaptor to work with your selected tank, this is included with many 'mods' or is available separately.
The 510 connector seems to be rapidly becoming the 'de facto' standard for ecigs.

There is another connector '808' (normally 808-D1) which has/is being used for cig-alikes (small batteries and cartomisers), this is going out of fashion.

I do not know what you are using at present, but if it is a 'clearomiser' (has a clear tank that you can see the juice through) there is a very good chance is is ego threaded. Take a pic and post here, or browse a few websites/youtube to check what you have. (510 and 808 look similar but are sexed differently, 510-female battery, 808-male battery).

Not knowing what you have now makes 'higher quality/durability' difficult to asses.

The voltages you ask for are pretty much the standard for a lithium based battery, and you will have to work hard to find a simple e-cig battery that won't give you what you want. :)
The protank 3 will work with a wider range of voltages.

If your existing battery is ego threaded you can just get the protank and give it a try.

If you want a new battery start by looking here: Batteries & Chargers
Without more information about what you want it is difficult to advise. What is 'nothing expensive'.

Good luck.

Any ego style battery will do it, i'd recommend a variable voltage / variable wattage device. If it has a 510 connector only, just use an ego to 510 adapter.
The vision spinner is a popular standard type of battery. I wouldn't spend too much for the sake of the tank if i were you, wait & see how those kanger coils work out first because they can be problematic.

I use a Mini Protank 3 on a bog standard market jobby battery as a spare, works perfectly fine. Just try the tank on what you've got and see whether you need to upgrade the battery later. You can always buy a better quality battery of the same ilk as what you already have. I vape 100% VG in it and it works fine although struggles a little bit with the thicker liquid mixes like chocolate and coffee. Battery lasts a decent time too.

I started off with the pro tank 3 still use it occasionally! They come with a beauty ring and had mine on a vission spinner 2 battery and lasted me all day.

Hey everyone,

I've been vaping for quite some time now, probably 2 years. I have always used the standard battery/clearomizers from my local garage, and I would like something a higher quality/durability. I've been looking at the Kanger Pro Tank Mini 3. I am going to buy it, but I'm not sure which battery I need. It is dual coil, and requires 3.2 - 3.7v. Can anyone recommend a suitable battery, nothing expensive?

Thanks, Mike

Vision spinner is a good VV battery with a good life. I started out with one of these. The mini protank 3 is good as well and you have the option to put the naturrevape/unicoil in which I found to give better vapour and taste than the standard kanger duel coil. Only drawback with the protank mini was the juice it holds, always refilling it ( im a heay vapour), so i used a beauty ring and standard protank 3 . It uses the naturevape/unicoil micro coils as well. (links below). The beauty ring comes with the protank 3. Aerotank V2 is another option which has good controlled airflow.
Enjoy

Unicoil Virtual Vape Rewickable Cotton Coil uk
Shop | NatureVape

Back
Top Bottom