What's new

Review Cloupor DNA30 V3

f=ma

Initiate
Just received my Cloupor DNA30 mod from BAVapes and I’ve got to say, It’s one awesome device.

I’ve been wanting a DNA 30 mod since I first saw them, especially one of the nice, simple aluminium box mods. The only thing stopping me up until now had been the price. I understand the effort that goes into designing and producing a mod and I understand that this makes it difficult for mod makers to profit if they sold devices for much less. This doesn’t mean I have a spare £180 to buy more vaping equipment. Even if I did the genuine Hana is ridiculously hard to find, even harder if you live in the UK. I did however have a spare £60.

Obviously there was only one thing left to do. The thing so many of us vapers rely on to get decent equipment. Wait for China to clone it. Over the last couple of months there’s been a few Chinese manufacturers offering clones of the Hana. The most prominent one of these and the one, I believe, to be offering the best quality clone is Cloupor. This clone is in pretty high demand right now. There’s waiting lists and pre-orders going on everywhere. After getting one for myself I can see why.

The device (I’ll call it the Cana from now on) came packaged in a plain black box with just a little sticker to indicate my colour choice of green. When I opened the box there was a little screwdriver (the standard China mini blue handled type), a retractable micro-USB cable and an instruction label. Packaged neatly in bubble wrap, tucked at the bottom securely, was the Cana.

After unwrapping the device I unscrewed the back using the provided screwdriver and inserted my battery. I decided on a 35A Purple Efest, just because I had one already. As soon as I’d done this the screen came on. When pressing the fire button with no atomizer attached “Check Atomizer” flashes up on the screen. I screwed on my Kayfun Lite clone, coiled at 0.9Ohms, and set it to 20W. I’ve heard the phrase “hits hard” in pretty much every review I’ve seen, it wasn’t until I tried this that I really knew what it meant. I’ve had plenty of VV/VW devices and plenty of mechs but this thing definitely blows them all out of the water. The vapour feels so smooth and you get a great hit from the second you press the button.

The Cana definitely looks like it’s worth at least twice what I paid. It feels like it’s worth 3 times as much. I’ve had plenty of Chinese clones, some poor quality and some excellent quality. None of them look and feel as good as this. The machining looks excellent, the screen, buttons and 510 connectors all perfectly placed and centred. The threads on the 510 are smoother than anything else I have and there’s no wobble with the kayfun attached. The buttons are easy to push and have a great click to them. The screen looks amazing, really bright and easy to read both indoors and out. Opening the battery cover everything looks neat and tidy. The battery slots in perfectly. I can’t actually find anything to dislike about the Cana.

In a few of the reviews I’ve seen people complaining about the Cana not firing when coming out of sleep and having to press the button twice. I can confirm that Cloupor have now fixed this issue and it has fired first time, everytime, whether the screen was on or off.

Having only used the Cana for the best part of a day I can’t really say what it’s like for long term durability etc. However I can’t see any reason why it should go wrong. It feels like a very solid, well made device.

I would definitely recommend anyone looking to upgrade or get their first box mod should check these out. I think Jet @BAVapes still has a few in stock and at £65 you can’t go wrong. I’ve had easily some of the best customer service I’ve had from him. Emails replied to within minutes and constant updates regarding shipping times on the pre-order from China. As soon as the shipment got to him I got an email to confirm, then another later on to say it had shipped. I had it in my hands the next morning. To top it off, I’m pretty sure you can’t get this Cloupor Cana for a better price anywhere else right now.

If you have any questions or you'd like me to test anything out just ask, or I'm sure Jet @BAVapes will be happy to help.

Edit: Forgot to add a link to BAVapes store for the Cana BA Vapes UK - Cana Modz v3 DNA30 VW Mod - The UK's premier vaping store!

(I've just noticed on the second picture that screen looks broken, it doesn't actually look like this I think it has to do with the shutter speed I used)

gDYHoDR.jpg

ORraRf0.jpg

Last edited:
Just received my Cloupor DNA30 mod from BAVapes and I’ve got to say, It’s one awesome device.

I’ve been wanting a DNA 30 mod since I first saw them, especially one of the nice, simple aluminium box mods. The only thing stopping me up until now had been the price. I understand the effort that goes into designing and producing a mod and I understand that this makes it difficult for mod makers to profit if they sold devices for much less. This doesn’t mean I have a spare £180 to buy more vaping equipment. Even if I did the genuine Hana is ridiculously hard to find, even harder if you live in the UK. I did however have a spare £60.

Obviously there was only one thing left to do. The thing so many of us vapers rely on to get decent equipment. Wait for China to clone it. Over the last couple of months there’s been a few Chinese manufacturers offering clones of the Hana. The most prominent one of these and the one, I believe, to be offering the best quality clone is Cloupor. This clone is in pretty high demand right now. There’s waiting lists and pre-orders going on everywhere. After getting one for myself I can see why.

The device (I’ll call it the Cana from now on) came packaged in a plain black box with just a little sticker to indicate my colour choice of green. When I opened the box there was a little screwdriver (the standard China mini blue handled type), a retractable micro-USB cable and an instruction label. Packaged neatly in bubble wrap, tucked at the bottom securely, was the Cana.

After unwrapping the device I unscrewed the back using the provided screwdriver and inserted my battery. I decided on a 35A Purple Efest, just because I had one already. As soon as I’d done this the screen came on. When pressing the fire button with no atomizer attached “Check Atomizer” flashes up on the screen. I screwed on my Kayfun Lite clone, coiled at 0.9Ohms, and set it to 20W. I’ve heard the phrase “hits hard” in pretty much every review I’ve seen, it wasn’t until I tried this that I really knew what it meant. I’ve had plenty of VV/VW devices and plenty of mechs but this thing definitely blows them all out of the water. The vapour feels so smooth and you get a great hit from the second you press the button.

The Cana definitely looks like it’s worth at least twice what I paid. It feels like it’s worth 3 times as much. I’ve had plenty of Chinese clones, some poor quality and some excellent quality. None of them look and feel as good as this. The machining looks excellent, the screen, buttons and 510 connectors all perfectly placed and centred. The threads on the 510 are smoother than anything else I have and there’s no wobble with the kayfun attached. The buttons are easy to push and have a great click to them. The screen looks amazing, really bright and easy to read both indoors and out. Opening the battery cover everything looks neat and tidy. The battery slots in perfectly. I can’t actually find anything to dislike about the Cana.

In a few of the reviews I’ve seen people complaining about the Cana not firing when coming out of sleep and having to press the button twice. I can confirm that Cloupor have now fixed this issue and it has fired first time, everytime, whether the screen was on or off.

Having only used the Cana for the best part of a day I can’t really say what it’s like for long term durability etc. However I can’t see any reason why it should go wrong. It feels like a very solid, well made device.

I would definitely recommend anyone looking to upgrade or get their first box mod should check these out. I think Jet @BAVapes still has a few in stock and at £65 you can’t go wrong. I’ve had easily some of the best customer service I’ve had from him. Emails replied to within minutes and constant updates regarding shipping times on the pre-order from China. As soon as the shipment got to him I got an email to confirm, then another later on to say it had shipped. I had it in my hands the next morning. To top it off, I’m pretty sure you can’t get this Cloupor Cana for a better price anywhere else right now.

If you have any questions or you'd like me to test anything out just ask, or I'm sure Jet @BAVapes will be happy to help.

Edit: Forgot to add a link to BAVapes store for the Cana BA Vapes UK - Cana Modz v3 DNA30 VW Mod - The UK's premier vaping store!

(I've just noticed on the second picture that screen looks broken, it doesn't actually look like this I think it has to do with the shutter speed I used)

gDYHoDR.jpg

ORraRf0.jpg

Got mine today. Green also. Stunning colour. Should have an orange on the way tomorrow also if BAVapes managed to ship it today ;)

@f=ma Thank you for that awesome review mate :) it was an absolute pleasure doing business with you. Those are some great photos you've taken too! Be sure to give us an update in a few days once you've had some more time to play with it and let us know how you're getting along with it.

Like f=ma said, this is the latest revision from Cloupor which fire from sleep.

@Lockett85 yes I did get it in the post today!

Last edited:
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this. How long is the battery lasting on the higher wattage levels?

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this. How long is the battery lasting on the higher wattage levels?
I've been vaping at 17w all day, battery is down to around what looks like 30% (kinda hard to tell exactly on the little battery indicator bar.)

I would say you can get about a day and a half out of a 2600mah, maybe a day if you're going above 20w. It will def last you all day while you're out and about, but I would recommend you start charging in the evening.

I've got one of those 3100mah purple efests coming to use with this, it should bump the battery life up significantly if it really does 3100mah like it says on the box.

Maybe some of the others around here who have had theirs for longer can chime in on this? wuz_uk oddjob

Last edited:

All I can say is do it. I've wanted one for a while and knew it would be good. It wasn't until I actually got one that I realised how awesome they are.

The Efest I have in mine is 2500mah (I think) and it lasted me a good few hours chainvaping at 22W. I'll test it tomorrow when I'm out and about to see f it lasts a full day, I'm sure it will though. The great thing is that you can still take a spare battery with you and swap it out if needs be.

I'm sure you wouldn't regret it if you ordered one though.

Got mine today. Green also. Stunning colour. Should have an orange on the way tomorrow also if @BAVapes managed to ship it today ;)

Lucky, getting two. I'm seriously considering ordering another as I think my girlfriend is quite jealous of it. I love the green, it's such a great colour for it. I couldn't decide what to order as they're all great colours, glad I went for green in the end though.

Back
Top Bottom