What's new

daily mail hysteria

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
I had someone say have I read this by the Daily Fail the other day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...e6ocQ2GwvdEhDZreDNaOnlCMvrQ_m5lnz9DEwJa-JNvD8

oh my god lock up your children 69% of kiddies vaping!!!!

the graph is quite correct and it's from the ash survey but it is NOT the number of kiddies doing vapes it's about the choice of device used by the 3.6% of regular users 11-18 They use the elf bar by choice

the gutter press are clever people

Typical sensationalism. I made the mistake of reading some of the comments too. Quite full of people who know nothing about vaping giving their expert opinions.

I'll admit we don't know the full implications of what vaping does to us but I suspect it is safer than smoking. I don't know why there aren't more calls for investigating what vaping actually does, with scientific studies over time. Rather than throwing the baby out with the bath water and lumping vaping in with smoking as a bad thing. Let me continue to vape while you find out what it does to the body. I'm fine with the consequences, it's my choice.

There are plenty of things that are proven to be more harmful than vaping that you can still do, like drinking for example, that are still available. I am struggling to see why vaping is such a target. The kids vaping thing is obviously bad but I feel like the government is trying to penalise all vapers for their failure to stop vapes getting into the wrong hands.

Articles like this don't help either, just fanning the flames. We're going to end up like Australia with a full vape ban eventually and we will have missed our chance to stop millions of unnecessary deaths due to smoking. In the short term as long as the government gets their vape tax money though I suppose it's alright eh?

And, when the dust settles, almost the entire industry will be owned by BT with pre filled pods in your 4 least loved flaves (take them or do without), in the same wee comfy relationship (you tax, we get exclusive market access) they have wi fags. Voila.....job done

And, when the dust settles, almost the entire industry will be owned by BT with pre filled pods in your 4 least loved flaves (take them or do without), in the same wee comfy relationship (you tax, we get exclusive market access) they have wi fags. Voila.....job done
You could well be right...
(I actually expected the BT takeover happen much earlier in the industry's history, and so far they have been rather behind the curve, but regulation tends to help them.)

But I think the government appears to be still conducive to open system devices... (the WHO do not though, mind)

So far luckily there has been no proposed legislation to ban open systems, and from a tax point of view, that would make sense (otherwise all refill bottles would be banned/ black market as well).

While BAT and PMI force retailers to stock their stuff, even the retailers haven't got a choice. Vuse, Velo and IQOS I bet will survive

Back
Top Bottom