What's new

Review Encom TNT 80

Ment

Legend
Encom.jpg

I picked this up from GB for around £30, though it's gone up $5 since. It's an 80 watt 26650 battery mod with no TC.

I liked the idea of a 26650 mod, and in that way that Shinyitus sufferers have, I justified the purchase by factoring in the £10 saving on batteries as I have six 26650 batteries lying around doing nothing.

I've had it over a week now and love everything about it. It's slightly wider than a dual 18650 but not as deep so it sits perfectly in the hand, and it's like a brick, very heavy and solid. The attie sits in the middle, which I don't usually like, but with the depth of this it's not far from the edges anyway.

I have a 4200mah battery in it so it comfortably lasts a couple of days being used in rotation with other mods, and would be sufficient for many to get through a day without the need to carry spare batteries. Being a single battery, you don't have to worry about battery rotation and I just leave it in and use USB charging.

The controls have the usual setup and it has a big font on the display, nice and easy to see for those of us with failing eyesight.

£33 is a bit much for an 80 watt non-TC mod from China, but, if like me you have spare 26650 batteries and don't mind holding a brick (although it is a fair bit smaller than the RX200), this is an excellent device.

Back
Top Bottom