What's new

Family member visit (poll included, please vote)

Select appropriate answer

• House rules (since April 2020): garden and toilet use only.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Welcome with open arms, just get on with it.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Indoors allowed, but masks to be worn.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Family member will take the piss (guaranteed), so best meet elsewhere.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Other (please add comment in thread).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Banana

• Fed up with the whole thing , shove it up your arse.

• Total voters
If the government had actually announced it properly maybe said FM wouldn't have travelled :hmm:

Ministers are being urged to provide clarity after advising against all but essential travel into and out of eight areas where the Covid variant first identified in India is believed to be spreading fastest.

According to the guidance, which appears to have been updated on 21 May and is not law, journeys to and from the affected areas – Bedford, Blackburn and Darwen, Bolton, Burnley, Kirklees, Leicester, Hounslow, and North Tyneside – should be avoided “unless essential”. Exemptions include travel for work, where working from home is not possible, and education.

The Guardian understands that the Cabinet Office guidance for Bolton was updated online on 14 May, and other areas were subsequently added. A source said the “layout of the guidance was adjusted” on Friday, hence the date mark which suggested it had been published on 21 May. However, archived webpages suggest many areas were only added to the guidance on that date.

The update did not seem to have been accompanied by an official announcement and it is also understood that local leaders and public health directors were unaware of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...id-advice-against-travel-in-and-out-of-bolton

Edit; The more I look at this, the more pissed off I'm getting, totally irresponsible for anyone to take a non essential 310 mile journey, and via public transport as well. This is exactly how this shit spreads, dickheads taking unnecessary journeys and holidays.

View attachment 247594

To:

View attachment 247596

View attachment 247597

Totally agree. I think the guide lines are pretty clear and they shouldn't be going anywhere on holiday.

In for a penny, in for a pound, it's my wife's son, who is the family member. So it's extra tricky, for her, not me, I can just piss off out, shut myself away, that's no big deal. My wife has arranged to meet tomorrow (elsewhere), she doesn't even want to do that, after the news and new travel guildlines about the hotspot areas, specifically including the town where her son lives.
Here here....

People are being advised against all but essential travel in eight coronavirus hotspot areas of England.

They are areas where the Covid variant first identified in India is spreading fast.
Officials said areas including Bolton , Leicester , Kirklees and the London borough of Hounslow were hardest hit and people there should not meet indoors.
People should avoid travelling into and out of the eight areas, with Bedford , Blackburn with Darwen , Burnley and North Tyneside also on the list. People in the eight areas should also be tested twice a week, according to the Government advice.

But the UK government has been accused of "incompetence" as the change to the guidance - which is not law - appears to have been made on Friday without an official announcement, prompting criticism from MPs.

I don't think my wife is meeting her son at all, at least not tomorrow, I told her she would (probably) be fine, it's on the seafront, plenty of wind, she's lost the plot a bit, it's the anxiety.

Back
Top Bottom