What's new

Freemax Autopod 50

BigCloud

Veteran
fm.png
Freemax started out in 2013 and have become one of the best subohm tank manufacturors in the vape industry to date with tanks such as the fireluke and the Mesh Pro
when i found out freemax were about to release a dual coil modpod i contacted Tina @Freemaxtech to see if could do review on it which she promptly said yes and sent one out to me.

i had a feeling this was going to be GOOD lets take a look and see if i was right.

The Autopod50 comes nicely packaged with a picture of the chosen colour of your device inside the box on the front, with the freemax logo at each end of the box ,on the reverse of the box it has the specs and contents list and the authenticity scratch and scan.

collage 1.jpg

as you can see i was sent the blue one to test :)2

once you have removed the outer sleeve you can open the box

inside you will get

1 x Freemax Autopod50 Mod
1 x Freemax Autopod50 Pod (Freemax Autopod50 AX2 Mesh Coil 0.25ohm)
1 x Extra Freemax Autopod50 AX2 Mesh Coil 0.5ohm
1 x Silicon Protection Case
1 x USB Cable
1 x Warning Card
1 x Warranty Card
1 x User Manual

as i was a tester i did not get the silicone protection sleeve i was sent a small bag of replacement O-rings for the afc/coil base assembly

there is a little fabric tab to pull up to get to the little box of accessories underneath the Autopod50 wich contains the USB cable, spare coil and instructions etc

collage2 (1).jpg

Specifications

Size: L43.5 x W24.5 x H94mm
Pod Capacity: 4ml(Standard) / 2ml(TPD)
Coil Resistance: Autopod50 AX2 Mesh Coil 0.25ohm (30-50W, Best 40W)
Autopod50 AX2 Mesh Coil 0.5ohm (15-35W, Best 30W)
Battery Capacity: 2000mAh
Output Voltage: 0.7-7.5V
Output Wattage: 5-50W
Coils-Tea Fiber Cotton

Freemax-AutoPod50-VW-Pod-Kit-2000mAh_04_ee1c32.jpg

Available in 6 different colours

collage.jpg

lets take a quick look at an exploded picture of the Autopod50 (taken from freemax website)
simple enough pod coil and device

Untitled121.png

To turn the device on its the usual 5 clicks on and 5 clicks for off
The device has a nice bright OLED screen which is easy to read
to lock the screen hold the +/- button simultaneously for 1 second
you can rotate the screen by holding the fire and - button simultaneously for 1 second
the buttons are nice and clicky and respond well

IMG_3528.JPG

The pod comes preinstalled with the AX2 0.25ohm coil with a sticker over the base which you have to remove before use.

As you can see in the pictures the pod has a small silicone bung with small tab which you pull up to reveal the juice fill slot,i can see that this could cause some messy filling depending on what kind of spout your shortfill has but i have had no problems filling it at all :D

To install the pod simply drop it into the top of the mod you will feel the magnets snap it into place and hold it tight there is absolutley zero wobble or movement once pod is inserted it passed the shaking test easily

IMG_3493_LI.jpg

Magnets are marked in red above and below

IMG_3492_LI.jpg

The spare coil comes in a blister pack
Just look at the size of those wicking ports they are HUGE
There was probably no need to prime the coil but i did it anyways
These are the latest coils from freemax with military grade SS904L mesh and Tea Fiber Cotton formula
The coil head need to be screwed into the coil base with the adjustable air flow ring before use coil in blister pk without and being primed with (see pics)

collage3.jpg

Airflow comes infrom the little slot that has been notched out from the top of the pod so if you have chunky fingers you want to be aware not to cover the hole ive not had a problem just something to point out

IMG_3526_LI.jpg

to adjust the airflow this is done from the coilbase simply twist the airflow ring the airflow ring it has knurling so is easy to grip and moves smoothly(see pic below marked in red)
Does it work simply put YES and it works great id expect nothing less from freemax

IMG_3506_LI.jpg

The autopod has Type-C usb charging and charges at 2amps enabling a 0-50% charge in half an hour and a full charge in 1 hour and 20 minuites
The charging port is on the base of the device as it is the only available place i can see they could possibly could due to screen and battery size not possible front or back
Battery vent holes are also on the base 9 in total

IMG_3529.JPG

The Auropod also has multiple built in safety features which are as follows

Low circuit protection
Open circuit protection
Short circuit protection
High temperature protection
Low voltage protection
10 second timeout protection

Ive had this device for just a little over a week now and have been using it solidly im still on my first coil which is the AX2 0.25 ohm that came pre installed with airflow about half open, as with any mesh coil i started the watts lower and worked my way up until i found my sweetspot which is between 30 and 35 watts.
i have taken it to 40 watts and it gets pretty warm anything over that and i got a slight burnt taste but that could be due to the juice im using so i went bk down to my sweetspot
There is no lack of power even when the battery has runs down it just keeps giving you the same great vape as if you have a full battery due to Real Buck/Boost wattage Output ,Autopod supports either buck or boost wattage so the output is exactly the same as what the screen shows.
This chucks out some nice clouds which is always good :D definatley not suited for mtl vapers this is DTL all day long.
Ive been getting a good few hours out of the battery before it needs to be charged
i have checked the coil every day and there are no signs of leaks whatsoever i can safely say this will be retiring some of my pods freemax have done an outstanding job on this device well done guys :2thumbsup:

Would i reccomend it 100% yes i would without hesitation :)2

I think that about covers it

now for the pros and cons

Pros

Solid Well Built
Zero leaks from coils
USB Type C charging
Strong magnets
Good battery life
Airflow control that works
Nice clicky buttons

Cons (Niggles Really)

Pod could be a bit fiddly to fill
Hard to see juice level in the pod
A bit of a fingerprint magnet but if you have the silicone case probably not
No rubber bung for USB port

A big thank you to freemaxtech for sending me this to test

Last edited:
Nice review bud. Pleased to see some decent DTL pod systems being released that actually give some flavour.

Nice review mate, nice little thing isn't it, there's going to plenty of reviews on this one

Solid review mate, your pros and cons mirror mine more or less to a tee, the fingerprint one being the first I realised! I have one further niggly issue than you, which I’ll add onto my review in the next couple of days. Other than that, bang on the same thoughts.

Very good review of another good looking pod/mod device

No leaking, USB -C, and airflow control are definitely some thinks to have in mind when choosing.

Thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom