What's new

Freemax Galex Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
@Freemaxtech sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Freemax, nor do I get paid to review thiings.

The Freemax Galex Pod System

PXL_20221026_150123175.jpg

https://www.freemaxvape.com/galex-kit/

The Galex is a pod system that has an 800mah internal battery and is charged via a USB Type C slot in the bottom of the kit. The pod takes GX Mesh coils and has a capacity of 2ml. Filling is done via the snap off drip tip. Coils included are 1.2 and 0.8ohm versions with more available to buy promised soon if you read the marketing blurb on the Freemax website.

In the kit you get:
1 Galex Kit
1 GX Mesh 0.8 Coil
1 GX Mesh 1.0 Coil (pre-installed)
1 User Manual
1 USB Type-C Cable

Style wise it’s the standard sort of shape, like a lot of pods out there. It’s nice and compact with a decent weight to it so feels solid enough when holding it. What Freemax have done with a lot of their recent kits is put lights in them for aesthetic purposes. I’m not normally a fan of this but it’s part of their marketing for the range of kit’s they’re releasing recently and they have kindly added a way to turn the lights off for us older, grumpier vapers. I personally have found the pulsing lights to be quite relaxing, which is a departure for me as I usually turn them straight off, never to blink again, but I have turned these ones back on now and again when I’m sitting of an evening.

PXL_20221114_092557098.jpg

Function wise there’s not much to report. The Galex is a simple pod kit that’s draw activated. There is a LED light at the bottom of the front of the device that will glow green up to 70% of battery capacity, blue from 70-35% and red from 35% and lower.

In use I actually switched the coils out before I tried it and started on the 0.8 coil first. It’s quite a loose MTL draw and a decent RDL one. There are 2 airholes in the battery part for airflow and if you like you can cover one, or both, to get a tighter draw. I always use 70/30 juice in whatever coils I have, either stock or rebuildable and the 0.8 kept up well with it, even on a good session of repeated RDL draws. The flavour is good, as always with Freemax coils. They just do stock coils right imo. The blurb on the website tells you that the coils are ‘Innovative quenched SS904L mesh’ and that they’re now using 50% more tea tree fiber in them. No matter how they’re making them they are decent and the flavour is pretty good.

The 1.0ohm coil is also decent. More MTL suited and again the flavour is good. Again, I used my 70/30 juice and the coil kept up well and continues to keep up well after a week of use when I’ve been out and about in the car or out walking about. As with the 0.8 coil the draw is quite loose but that’s what I like so it’s been perfect for me. There’s still some resistance there on the draw and it’s pretty satisfying. I think the only trick they’ve missed with the kit is to have no way to adjust the airflow. That would make it a lot more appealing to other folks who like a tighter draw.

Overall the Galex Kit is a great starter kit and good for anyone like me who likes a reasonably airy MTL draw. The lights will appeal to a younger demographic than is usually on here but, as I said, the lights are quite relaxing and I do pop them on now and again when I’m sitting at home

PXL_20221114_092638426.jpg

They are quite good, managed to grab 2 packs of the 1 ohm coils, the Nano is fast becoming my favourite mtl pod

Great review!

They are quite good, managed to grab 2 packs of the 1 ohm coils, the Nano is fast becoming my favourite mtl pod

Great review!

The Nano is cracking isn't it? I even like the light on it! I do prefer the 0.8 coils myself though.

Nice review @Gitchy thanks, I preferred the 0.8 coil which suits my style of vaping the lights are a nice addition, nice kit.

@Freemaxtech sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Freemax, nor do I get paid to review thiings.

The Freemax Galex Pod System

View attachment 298201

https://www.freemaxvape.com/galex-kit/

The Galex is a pod system that has an 800mah internal battery and is charged via a USB Type C slot in the bottom of the kit. The pod takes GX Mesh coils and has a capacity of 2ml. Filling is done via the snap off drip tip. Coils included are 1.2 and 0.8ohm versions with more available to buy promised soon if you read the marketing blurb on the Freemax website.

In the kit you get:
1 Galex Kit
1 GX Mesh 0.8 Coil
1 GX Mesh 1.0 Coil (pre-installed)
1 User Manual
1 USB Type-C Cable

Style wise it’s the standard sort of shape, like a lot of pods out there. It’s nice and compact with a decent weight to it so feels solid enough when holding it. What Freemax have done with a lot of their recent kits is put lights in them for aesthetic purposes. I’m not normally a fan of this but it’s part of their marketing for the range of kit’s they’re releasing recently and they have kindly added a way to turn the lights off for us older, grumpier vapers. I personally have found the pulsing lights to be quite relaxing, which is a departure for me as I usually turn them straight off, never to blink again, but I have turned these ones back on now and again when I’m sitting of an evening.

View attachment 298199

Function wise there’s not much to report. The Galex is a simple pod kit that’s draw activated. There is a LED light at the bottom of the front of the device that will glow green up to 70% of battery capacity, blue from 70-35% and red from 35% and lower.

In use I actually switched the coils out before I tried it and started on the 0.8 coil first. It’s quite a loose MTL draw and a decent RDL one. There are 2 airholes in the battery part for airflow and if you like you can cover one, or both, to get a tighter draw. I always use 70/30 juice in whatever coils I have, either stock or rebuildable and the 0.8 kept up well with it, even on a good session of repeated RDL draws. The flavour is good, as always with Freemax coils. They just do stock coils right imo. The blurb on the website tells you that the coils are ‘Innovative quenched SS904L mesh’ and that they’re now using 50% more tea tree fiber in them. No matter how they’re making them they are decent and the flavour is pretty good.

The 1.0ohm coil is also decent. More MTL suited and again the flavour is good. Again, I used my 70/30 juice and the coil kept up well and continues to keep up well after a week of use when I’ve been out and about in the car or out walking about. As with the 0.8 coil the draw is quite loose but that’s what I like so it’s been perfect for me. There’s still some resistance there on the draw and it’s pretty satisfying. I think the only trick they’ve missed with the kit is to have no way to adjust the airflow. That would make it a lot more appealing to other folks who like a tighter draw.

Overall the Galex Kit is a great starter kit and good for anyone like me who likes a reasonably airy MTL draw. The lights will appeal to a younger demographic than is usually on here but, as I said, the lights are quite relaxing and I do pop them on now and again when I’m sitting at home

View attachment 298203
Good one.
I feel a bit moth like, attracted to those lights :shiny:

Back
Top Bottom