What's new

Freemax Maxpod

BigCloud

Veteran
@Freemaxtech very kindly sent this over to me for a review

The maxpod comes nicely packaged in a small box with a picture of the pod on the front on the back of the box it has the contents and specs listed along with a scratch and scan authentication code.

IMG_3579.JPG

I was sent the yellow version to review but is available in 6 colours

6colors.jpg

in the box you will get

Freemax Maxpod Battery
Freemax Maxpod Pod
NS Mesh Coil 1.0ohm Pre-installed
NS Mesh Coil 1.5ohm
Freemax Maxpod Lanyard
Freemax Maxpod Lanyard Ring
USB Cable Micro Usb
Warning Card
User Manual

Specs

Size: H100.81*L21.81*W14mm
Weight: 56.3g
Battery Power: 550mAh
Material: PCTG/Steel/Zinc Alloy
Output Wattage: 8-11W
Output Voltage: Constant 3.3V
Pod Capacity: 2ml
Coil Resistance: NS Mesh Coil 1.0ohm/1.5ohm

IMG_3583.JPG

Protections

Short circuit protection
Open Circuit Protection
Over-Charge Protection
Low Voltage Protection
8s Cut-Off Protection
Over discharge protection

Underneath the Maxpod you will find a small box containing the USB cable user manual lanyard etc.

IMG_3585.JPG

i was also sent a spare pack of the 1.5ohm coils.

IMG_3586.JPG

The maxpod is a very simple device made from zinc alloy and steel so is quite weighty in the hand 56.6 grams but comfortable it has a 550mah inbuilt battery powering the 1.5ohm coil at 8w and the 1ohm at 11w
There is no fire button it works by draw activation simply inhaling on the device so dont give it a suck before you fill up with liquid or you will ruin your coil.

Exploded View​
A1.jpg

You will see a small LED light glow up on the front of the device when you take a puff which tells you the battery capacity remaining White 65-100% Blue 30-65% and Red 0-30% you will see the same when you charge the device up when fully charged the device will not have a light on.

The LED also indicates if there is a fault…

Red light flickers 8 times and device stops working = low battery
White light flickers 8 times and device stops working = overload
White light flickers 3 times and device stops working = short circuit / atomiser or coil fault.

To charge the device is simple plug the USB cable in the slot located on the side of the device and charge it up i have been using my PC USB slot or a 5V 1A charger.

You cannot take a puff while its on charge not really a problem as it only takes about an hour to fully charge.

The pod itself is made from high grade PCTG plastic to prevent shattering with some juices, its a clear/transparent pod making it easier to see how much juice you have the mouthpiece itself is slightly dark

Coils are simple push fit

IMG_3632.JPG

Its easy to fill via the silicone bung as the fill port is a nice size unlike some pods,when filling hold the pod at a downward angle(see pic Below) to allow juice to travel round the coil and fill the pod you can fill it all the way up to the top of the mouthpiece.
The pod also has a minimum level clearly marked keep above it or your coil will suffer

IMG_3642.JPG

prime the coil leave for 10-15 minutes once filled before use

Both the 1ohm and 1.5ohm coils use SaltCoilTech 2.0 with honeycomb mesh & Flax Cotton & Organic Cotton but the cotton/flax ratio is different in each coil.

Simply insert the pod into the device you will feel it snap into place and is held in tight by two magnets and there is no chance of it accidentley getting knocked off/out as it has a 16mm depth fit.does not come out with a good shake either.

Air is drawn into the pod via a tiny hole on each edge of the device

Untitled.png

With the 1.5ohm coil i used some 20mg rainbow bubblegum salts must say im impressed got a really good throat hit not harsh superb flavour a medium/tight draw and 5 days use from the coil with zero leaks or dry hits.

i have only just started using the 1ohm coil i would say this is a medium to loose draw gives you great flavour but not quite as good as the 1ohm coil and a good throat hit but not harsh its been in for 2 or 3 days so far, again with zero leaks or dry hits.

Verdict

All in all for a simple plug and play device you wont go wrong with this one would i buy one yes would i reccomend it yes great build quality good battery life dependant on useage ive been averaging a couple of days with moderate use great flavour and does not leak,simply put Freemax have nailed this one and when it eventually dies as all in built battery devices do i WILL be getting another one.

Thanks again to @Freemaxtech for sending this in

More info available here https://www.freemaxvape.com/maxpod-kit/

Pros

Build Quality
Great Flavour
Simple to use
Zero leaks
Good Battery Life

Cons (niggles)

Pod is just a tiny bit too dark.
Cant take a puff while its Charging

Last edited:
Nice review @BigCloud, this is a great starter kit and I think this is something I will need to get some more coils for at some point

If you want something really simple for MTL this sounds like the one to get. Great review mate.

Hey guys! I've been using their Autopod50 and would like to post about it here. It says that I have "insufficient privileges". Do any of you know how I can get the review forums to unlock for me?

Hey guys! I've been using their Autopod50 and would like to post about it here. It says that I have "insufficient privileges". Do any of you know how I can get the review forums to unlock for me?
Suspect you need over 100 posts at the least, not sure if there are a my other restrictions

Back
Top Bottom