What's new

FT forecast postal delays

ScottChensoda

Achiever
As they require a week to celebrate their National Day? Must be some piss-up but will we notice any difference in this delay? Those who will notice delays will be users of the Beijing motorway system.

Traffic Jam.jpg

No they do not, the actually forecast the posting delay due to the HongKong customs having just got a new x-ray machine, and they are now scanning any packages they suspect to contain restricted items (such as lithium batteries) as the air carriers are having insurance issues with the thoughts that the holds will spontaneously ignite in flight. This is apparently causing major backlogs.

The Chinese holidays are an entirely separate issue, which they state will affect their entire operation (picking, customer service replies, packing etc) for 5 days.

No they do not, the actually forecast the posting delay due to the HongKong customs having just got a new x-ray machine, and they are now scanning any packages they suspect to contain restricted items (such as lithium batteries) as the air carriers are having insurance issues with the thoughts that the holds will spontaneously ignite in flight. This is apparently causing major backlogs.

The Chinese holidays are an entirely separate issue, which they state will affect their entire operation (picking, customer service replies, packing etc) for 5 days.

Well howdy do and :welcome1: to the forum!

In observance of National Day, FastTech will be partially closed from Oct 1st to Oct 6th HKT and will resume full operations on the morning of Oct 7th.
To avoid any undue delays, FastTech CS and warehouse will remain partially open at a reduced capacity through part of the holiday. For full details,

As they require a week to celebrate their National Day?

Excuse me new person but can you see a similarity between your final sentence, FT's banner headline in the middle and my OP? So it's not "No they do not" it's "Yes they fucking do"! The entire separate issue is in fact your ramblings about an x-ray machine which you could quite easily have posted as an addendum to my post.

Welcome to POTV.

:) and as i said, the FT message about the postage delay is entirely separate, and is already in effect. (Due to the customs checking I mentioned)

The holiday 'delay' isn't for another 2 weeks. So the FT warning about the possible delays to postage hasn't got anything to do with it.

10 September 2013
Delay In Outbound Air Mail Services

To safeguard aviation security, Hongkong Post does not accept the sending of air mail items (including Speedpost) that contain dangerous articles such as perfumery products, lighters and lithium batteries. Hence, all mail items entering the Air Mail Centre are subject to x-ray screening. Recently, there is an increasing number of air mail items detected to contain suspected dangerous articles, in particular, lithium batteries, which lengthens the screening process. In this connection, air mail registration service, iMail service and Bulk Air Mail service may be subject to delay. Any inconvenience caused is much regretted.

Thanks for the welcome.

The chinese seem to have more national days and festival days than they work :) Fasttech need NO excuse for being slow already. A marriage made in heaven

Back
Top Bottom