What's new

Geekvape - Aegis Boost Pod - Gunmetal

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Boost it…

Here It Is the highly anticipated Pod from Geekvape, something which I have been waiting to get my hands on for ages…mind I’ve had It sometime now but held off on the release of the review. This is what I mean when I say Innovation something that will and is going to last…This is the pre-sample test piece, so improvements are made throughout the release.

resize_DSC_0308.JPG
resize_DSC_0309.JPG

Out the Box

The Pod comes in 5 different colours all Black metal outer with either Devil Red, Aura Rainbow, Almighty Blue Gunmetal and Space Black. Which is aegis beautifully finished and designed? The retail price coming $45 or £40 a nice price for a decent pod.

The pod carries 2ml liquid already for the TPD over In Europe and Ideal for the Plane.

Two coils the 0.4ohm and the 0.6ohm both are bangers. And can be bought at a good price.

It comes with a coil removing too, as it can be tricky for people with big hands. A Spare mouthpiece for MTL.

Always at the bottom of the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

RBA Coming Soon…

resize_DSC_0312.JPG

The Build

The way this device Is filled Is through a little rubber bung this could be developed much easier as It can be a bit of an ache to get it right and not get an airlock. The coil switching process is easy as long as there’s no liquid in there and it can be changed at a rapid rate, with the nifty little coil tool. These coils are small and soak liquid well but do not rush, as I always say they are more delicate than sub ohms. The device size is 106.8×27.7×39.2mm, nice and compact.

The pod is compact and packs some great features, interchangeable mouthpiece, controlled airflow which is just right I did use it closed which worked well in relation to the MTL. More condensation I would presume. With the variable wattage mode which brings the user full usage on the choice of wattage to be used. The quality is really good, and the build of the device is really compact which feels great in the hand. The idea of changing the mouthpiece is great so it gives you a much nicer draw for both the MTL and DTL choices.

Boost Mesh – 0.6ohm

This is fit for MTL vaping so if you want that then this is the choice. The airflow was fully open and the draw was really good for the choice. The flavours are really good and impressed with how it is performing. For me, MTL is my chosen option but I thought it would be good to try this prior. This option is ideal for salts and/or 70/30, the best options are salts.

MTL Mesh Boost - 0.4ohm

This coil is epic, and I mean it works a treat the flavour is awesome and the wattage I have tried at 25w right up to 35w with no issues or burning whatsoever. It really is awesome. The cloud production is nice and tasty, which brings me to the flavour which is perfect I was getting to the point that it tasted so perfect to the liquid profile. I was really impressed.

When priming the cotton, it took about 5minutes. It should have a decent time in soaking up so that it doesn’t damage the coil I did make sure that it was left a longer.

With the battery life, I’ve got to say it’s really good and last an age roughly about two days on MTL, but on the 0.6ohm it was lasting just over a day. Installed is a 1500mAh internal battery. I was getting the battery indicator running just shy of empty and it would say battery low.

resize_DSC_0313.JPG
resize_DSC_0314.JPG
resize_DSC_0315.JPG
resize_DSC_0316.JPG
resize_DSC_0317.JPG
resize_DSC_0318.JPG
resize_DSC_0320.JPG

Pros

· Solid

· Lovely design finishes

· Compact

· Good airflow

· Amazing flavour and cloud

· Awesome size

· Refillable Pod

· Replaceable coils

Cons

· Hard to remove the pod, maybe due to the rubber seal. No leakages to the below though

· Top fill is awkward, due to dark pod

· Liquid level is hard to decipher

· Heavy condensation near sides of the pod

resize_DSC_0321.JPG

Conclude

Now let’s be clear here…the aegis range just keeps on coming and more so defining why Geekvape is the company to follow. There are some flaws I’m not going to be all yes this is the one to have but It Is a good one to have. The airflow is really well though off the durability is ace, the overall size is nice it’s fit to last. What is the most grip I have is the filling hole it’s nice to have on top but it’s really hard to fill.

Now would I buy it? 100% it’s the best new pod I have tried for flavour and cloud in the most recent times. For an entry pod, I would highly recommend you go out and get this one as it works a treat. The design is amazing, its IP67 and looks the part. In relation to other compared in pods, it would be in the top 5 closer to 1 than most.

resize_DSC_0319.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Geekvape - Aegis Boost Pod - Black
Tank – Geekvape - Pod - 2ml
E-liquid – Unruly - White Chocolate Peppermint - 70/30
Coils – Mesh 0.4ohm Boost coil & 0.6ohm Mesh
Batteries – Built-in 1500mah

https://www.geekvape.com/project/aegis-boost/

Back
Top Bottom