What's new

GeekVape Cerberus problem.

Arawn1975!

Achiever
Could anyone help have a problem when trying to open the Cerberus tank that the coil unscrews inside before the top cap comes off to refill!

What?!
Thats not supposed to happen.

I use it with chimeney and bubble glass extension, what should be worse.

My advice. Having the tank out of the mod, tighten it clockwise. Not much, just firm and gently.

The top cap has a very big o-ring isolator. If its dry, it will stick to the upper part of the tank. It takes off by twisting just 90º (its not threaded!)
Once you take off, refill, and make sure you leave some liquid in the rubber so it will be more easy to take appart next time.

The problem is you are unscerwing the whole top part :D

That’s the problem I can’t get the 90 degree twist because the coil turns before the cap can move! It’s a pain and I’m glad it’s not my tank or it would have gone for a Burton by now!
This is the second time it’s been brought to me with the same issue and both times I’ve had to remove the whole top with coil and then replace coil separately and then undo the fill cap from the top ring and reassemble!

Can you not take the bottom of the tank of and try and sort it that way.

Yeah couldn’t grip the coil and didn’t want to squeeze the glass too tightly. If it’s not a common fault then it’s prob just being over tightened (they say it’s not) but will just keep fixing it.

Opening the top cap should not remove the upper tank part.

DqyK1b9DfmPXpEHPER6SaSFGIJfjWnVKlTYlLidb2QanZdeGId2eUfj2jlRg5mYz1HRD15mFEB5Su2KGpZOCE-9LuSuxuvx_LATqw8Bk4_6SiIO82FKNsB_2Q4gtnxCX4tjVxFadbOT27WKsZ3vRs7bBzoR91yW52LgT7KqnyAUh84ycgP9hQRA1OBCwrj6iKcaxj8AmnRK4KTMBUXaIr5PlTAziaRXpVlFDvAVqh74mWX1TsfUN4chO8D9oclYsn5iVb5MumVEHpfH2yJh1Y5-YVhhJHNt8JTdA74z2UgoH3dRuYEqZzQpw8l-vGXqRaFbMkbzxo4gOkqgVY6Cc6t-3WyBcyn5qVgeGPH37oFSynth5rQN3HF6V30D2_1rtsnMmt6bma7q4kbo40aCE9VWTW2iTJjcqut4NY_4ILyQhpcHmTfd5xX8UozS2imCIOl7scdHXbgiWFjtL3vR-w9Wh7-QnFksPUa70toHGTPd6TA9AD-0bYaCafqdvslLRnoLIr4yvXv07hlT909utNxdu3IP-Zign16GeERQIzQqedu1Gbh_s3GT0FAQMbdZiI_PBium_BiL3R1eFJe2Ho8MD_iarXi-i55RPZdTWPAO4zNf5XND6pfttEJZ5L9GwNoKQoijzx_eJZ8LNBaqeUDbhB2hFlnIFCFaiyufL6p0kEuY7v9UKf_MGwuZycg=w678-h903-no

This is how its supposed to be opened. The upper tank par is tiny. Just 1mm of area to grab.
...maybe the cap oring is placed upside down? You should see the carved side.

Tight all clockwise, holding the base and twisting the top part. One you give it a nice tighten, hold the tank by the glass (surrounding it with your finger) and try to remove the cap.

Put on a pair of washing up gloves and try to unscrew the tank with them on. They increase grip and make it much easier. Rubber bands: Wrap a rubber band around the metal part of the tank. The increased grip will make it easier to unscrew in your hands

Put on a pair of washing up gloves and try to unscrew the tank with them on. They increase grip and make it much easier. Rubber bands: Wrap a rubber band around the metal part of the tank. The increased grip will make it easier to unscrew in your hands
Thanks Anna but grip isn’t the issue unless you count too much grip between the top cap and top ring.

Just looked again and in the process got liquid on my hands! Went to wash up and got a strong menthol hit from the steam! I think the liquid has swelled the seal and made it excessively tight which is why it was grabbing the top ring so much and undoing the whole tank.

Back
Top Bottom