What's new

Help needed with voopoo argus

CraigC

Apologies in advance for the long post...currently using voopoo argus with pnp pod tank with nic salts. Was using m2 coils with no problems then they started burning out really quickly the liquid was going brown and tasted like shit. Was told those coils had been discontinued and the ones I was getting were probably fakes (makes sense) he told me to switch to TM2 which I have but to be honest I'm having the same issues. From what I've read it seems salts are suited to mtl kits but I'm not a fan of those so could anyone tell me anything I could change or is there another kit I can buy that will take salts with no issues. Not bothered about price as I use it all day every day just need something that's going to work. Cheers

If it is the Argus Pod you have, i use ITO-M1 coils, and haven't had any problems with salts or freebase nic. They last for ages.

I’d suggest the VooPoo Argus G. I’ve recently got one and it’s a flawless vape!

This is the pod I've got. Will those coils fit?

Attachments

• 16888114373811456649338654227613.jpg
    16888114373811456649338654227613.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 41
There are many kits out there that will take nic salts, but as you say, they are primarily mtl kits. You should keep in mind that many “mtl” kits also do a reasonable rdl, but it depends on what you like.

I’m wondering what juice/mg you’re vaping… If you are using a juice with a large amount of sweetener, it could be that it is caramelizing and causing the brown color and gunking. Can I assume you’re vaping rdl? The TM2 coil is designed for mtl, if I remember correctly, and if you are at the top wattage with little airflow, and vaping rdl, it may overheat your coil and tank, hence even more caramelizing. If you want rdl, I would advise the 0.6ohm coil. But regardless, if you’re using 20mg nic salts with a very sweet juice, it’s going to be a challenge to find a coil that will handle it at those low ohms.

Another possibility is that your juice is too old and the nicotine has turned. This can also give a brown colour and bitter taste, but it doesn’t sound like the case here.

You can mix your own juice with nic salt shots, and Manabush f ex makes several different shortfills and longfills depending on what nic strength you want, and their juices have very little sweetener.

Don’t know if this was helpful, but I tried :D

Personally I wouldn't go for another Argus at all, the coils have always leaked, and that's even in spite of their new leak proof technology. Sure nothing comes out of the bottom during rest and that's as dry as a bone, but the problem arises when you tip it over to refill it and half the juice pours out of the chimney. Meaning I could never get the tank full. I'll being staying away infuture.

I always maintain you can beat @Innokin or @Vaporesso when it comes to pods. They've both got it down to a fine art.

There are many kits out there that will take nic salts, but as you say, they are primarily mtl kits. You should keep in mind that many “mtl” kits also do a reasonable rdl, but it depends on what you like.

I’m wondering what juice/mg you’re vaping… If you are using a juice with a large amount of sweetener, it could be that it is caramelizing and causing the brown color and gunking. Can I assume you’re vaping rdl? The TM2 coil is designed for mtl, if I remember correctly, and if you are at the top wattage with little airflow, and vaping rdl, it may overheat your coil and tank, hence even more caramelizing. If you want rdl, I would advise the 0.6ohm coil. But regardless, if you’re using 20mg nic salts with a very sweet juice, it’s going to be a challenge to find a coil that will handle it at those low ohms.

Another possibility is that your juice is too old and the nicotine has turned. This can also give a brown colour and bitter taste, but it doesn’t sound like the case here.

You can mix your own juice with nic salt shots, and Manabush f ex makes several different shortfills and longfills depending on what nic strength you want, and their juices have very little sweetener.

Don’t know if this was helpful, but I tried :D

I'm using doozy rio 20mg. It's on 15 Watts and the airflow is fully open. I think the m2 coils was 0.6 but was told they don't make them anymore . I may have to look into an mtl kit as I prefer the nic salts. Any suggestions for one that will do rdl aswell?

Cheers for your help

Personally I wouldn't go for another Argus at all, the coils have always leaked, and that's even in spite of their new leak proof technology. Sure nothing comes out of the bottom during rest and that's as dry as a bone, but the problem arises when you tip it over to refill it and half the juice pours out of the chimney. Meaning I could never get the tank full. I'll being staying away infuture.

I always maintain you can beat @Innokin or @Vaporesso when it comes to pods. They've both got it down to a fine art.

Mine leaks from the bottom aswell when it's not used I'm forever cleaning it out. ill have a look at those cheers

This is the pod I've got. Will those coils fit?
I haven't used that one, so ignore my coil recommendation.
I haven't had any leaks using the the Argus Pod, and i've been using it since it came out.

Back
Top Bottom