What's new

Help ! Vaporesso Luxe AR Max - coils and E-liquid advice

Titanium44

Hi everyone!
I literally just now subscribed to the forum - new vaper trying to quit smoking 🥺

Long story short:

After never-ending search for proper vaping kit that'll suit my personal needs, I went online and purchased the Vaporasso Luxe AR Max which comes with 0.2 and 0.4 coils.

Since I'm totally new to vaping and want to quit smoking, I wanted low nicotine and bigger clouds DTL style from the juice I've added to the order.

I've rushed the order picking the Elfbar nic salt e-liquid 3mg ( nicotine strength ) in 2 different flavours and another brand by Lost Mary 20mg nic salt ( not sure what the 20mg refers to - nicotine ?? It didn't specify as it was a free gift suggested by the website )

Problem is:
I'm pretty sure I'm stuck with these juices as they won't work well with the coils ( 0.2 / 0.4 ) that are already included in the box. Or am I wrong and they can still be used by one of those coils in certain wattages ?

APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE!

Welcome
Yes, you probably have got yourself in a bit of a pickle.
The supplied coils are “sub ohm” and fine for DL at higher wattages. But - isn’t there always a but! - I would suspect the juices to be 50/50 VG/PG which is too thin for low ohms/higher wattage.
You should be aiming for 70/30 juices.
The “mg” refers to the concentration of nicotine. 3mg is considered the optimal for DL - 20mg will have you examining your lungs after you’ve coughed them up!
As a very recent ex-smoker, you may like to consider MTL as you first foray into vaping rather than going straight in DL.
It’s the closest to smoking.
For that, you’d be looking for coils of 1 ohm and above and modest wattages. And, as a recent ex-smoker, depending upon how much you smoked, 20mg may be too high and you should be looking around the 10/12mg mark. 3mg you’ll likely find too “weak”.

you should pick up some mtl pods and some 0.8 coils. that way you can use the liquids you have, and also get some higher vg liquid for the coils that came with it, and try both styles.

Hi @Titanium44 and welcome to the planet

Ive not got this kit but a quick search only comes up with XR and not AR Max as you mentioned. so just to clarify is this your kit? https://ukvapekings.com/product/vaporesso-luxe-xr-max/

If your kit uses the GTX coils then all you need to do to use the nic salts is buy some new mouth to lung coils and use at much lower wattage like 10-15watt.

As mentioned the coils 0.2 and 0.4 are direct to lung cloud chuckers and not suitable for 50vg/50pg juice like salts. salts are smooth as fook but at high wattage you will get a head rush and feel sick very quickly. i cant get on with salts. tried them once and never again as i like to chug on my vape all day at 3mg
you will need some freebase (not salts) 70vg juice to use with those DTL coils.
also you mentioned you have some 3mg salts??? not sure these actually exist. salts usually come in 20/10/5mg while freebase comes in 3/6/12/18mg

If these look like your coils then you need some of the ones on the right.

Attachments

• gtx.JPG
    gtx.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi @Titanium44 and welcome to the planet

Ive not got this kit but a quick search only comes up with XR and not AR Max as you mentioned. so just to clarify is this your kit? https://ukvapekings.com/product/vaporesso-luxe-xr-max/

If your kit uses the GTX coils then all you need to do to use the nic salts is buy some new mouth to lung coils and use at much lower wattage like 10-15watt.

As mentioned the coils 0.2 and 0.4 are direct to lung cloud chuckers and not suitable for 50vg/50pg juice like salts. salts are smooth as fook but at high wattage you will get a head rush and feel sick very quickly. i cant get on with salts. tried them once and never again as i like to chug on my vape all day at 3mg
you will need some freebase (not salts) 70vg juice to use with those DTL coils.
also you mentioned you have some 3mg salts??? not sure these actually exist. salts usually come in 20/10/5mg while freebase comes in 3/6/12/18mg

If these look like your coils then you need some of the ones on the right
Hey đź‘‹
Sorry it's 5mg nic salt
Adding a photo

Also, what's a free base ...?

Attachments

• 20240421_142856.jpg
    20240421_142856.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 0
Welcome
Yes, you probably have got yourself in a bit of a pickle.
The supplied coils are “sub ohm” and fine for DL at higher wattages. But - isn’t there always a but! - I would suspect the juices to be 50/50 VG/PG which is too thin for low ohms/higher wattage.
You should be aiming for 70/30 juices.
The “mg” refers to the concentration of nicotine. 3mg is considered the optimal for DL - 20mg will have you examining your lungs after you’ve coughed them up!
As a very recent ex-smoker, you may like to consider MTL as you first foray into vaping rather than going straight in DL.
It’s the closest to smoking.
For that, you’d be looking for coils of 1 ohm and above and modest wattages. And, as a recent ex-smoker, depending upon how much you smoked, 20mg may be too high and you should be looking around the 10/12mg mark. 3mg you’ll likely find too “weak”.
Hey đź‘‹
I just got a 70/30 ratio from this brand called breezer.
Can't find anything on it online

Is it considered good ? Will it work with a 0.2 coil ?

Hey đź‘‹

Yes - the ratio of 70/30 is ideal for low ohm, high wattage coils.

The following may help you. -

The numbers 70/30 and 50/50 refer to the ratio of VG and PG in the liquid. The first number is VG, the second PG. The higher the VG number the thicker the liquid is. As you want to vape DL you should stick with 70/30 - the reason for this is the juiceholes in DL coils are large - if you use thinner 50/50 liquid it will probably leak as it will wick too fast and you'll end up with a flooded tank.

You are probably better off using 0mg shortfills. These are sold in 50ml and 100ml bottles. The bottles are oversized so you can add one 10ml 18mg nic shot to a 50ml shortfill or two 18mg nic shots to a 100ml shortfill and end up with either 60 or 120ml of 3mg strength juice that is ideal for DL vaping.

Don't be tempted to try to vape that bottle of 20mg juice using the .20 or .30 ohm coil - those coils run at fairly high power and 20mg nic is way too strong - it will make you dizzy at best or nauseous very quickly. The thinner 50/50 juice will also be prone to flooding out the coil.

20mg juice, also 10, 12 and 18mg, is designed for MTL vaping, generally this is available in 50/50 VG/PG - MTL coils have tiny juice ports and are best used with this thinner 50/50 VG/PG juice. MTL coils are higher resistance so run at much lower power. The lower power means much less juice will be vaporised hence you will probably need a much higher nic concentration to get enough nicotine in an MTL vape - that is why most MTL juices are sold in higher nicotine concentrations.

Once again - don't use that MTL juice in your device unless you are using higher resistance MTL coils or it is very likely to ruin your day.

Hey đź‘‹
Sorry it's 5mg nic salt
Adding a photo

Also, what's a free base ...?
Salts have only been around about 5 or so years. Freebase is what most of us gave up on. It comes in 3,6,9,12,18mg only while salts are always 20,10,5mg.
I'll post a link later

Hey đź‘‹

Quite a lot out there with breezer in the name so a picture will help. there are a lot of cheap shite out there and only you can answer if its any good or not but as its 70vg it should work fine.
is it a 10ml bottle or laarger like 50ml ot 100ml. 10ml in the uk has been offically tested and can have nicotine in it upto (freebase 18mg) or nicsalts upto 20mg)
If its a larger bottle it will be zero nic and you need to add a nicshot or 2. if its a 50ml bottle adding one nic shot will make 60ml final strength 3mg

heres a couple of links for the difference between nicotine.

I have the kit you mention and with a good 70/30 juice and a 0.2 ohm coil @ 32 - 35 watts it is a very good vape. If you look into the pod you will see a soft silicon form which restricts the capacity to 2ml, this form is easily removable with long nosed tweezers which will increase the capacity to 5ml. If you cant get hold of vaporesso coils, voopoo p n p coils will also fit.

Back
Top Bottom