What's new

Help With Batteries

jf231295

Initiate
image.jpg
Hi All, I've just ordered my first device without an internal battery. After reading some reviews and doing some research I purchased two efest 18650 3000mAh 35A batteries. I then bought an efest luc charger, I've just put the batteries on to charge and the charger is showing 4.0v. I know my batteries are 3.7v does this mean they are overcharging ? I want to make sure I'm doing this safely! Thanks in advance, p.s. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread.

No, All is well . They will go up to 4.2v and then they are ready buddy..

The Efests are a good battery, just the max current on the wrapper is overstated, no need to worry too much in a regulated mod, but read more about batteries in the guides at the top of the page. Here too http://www.lygte-info.dk/info/indexBatteriesAndChargers UK.html
Yeah, I have been told that by somebody else on here today aswell, as long as they are safe I'm happy, I may even switch to some Sonys if money will allow, thanks for the link, it's very useful.

Yeah, I have been told that by somebody else on here today aswell, as long as they are safe I'm happy, I may even switch to some Sonys if money will allow, thanks for the link, it's very useful.

Nowt wrong with the efests they are good for 20A continuous. These are all good ----Samsung 25R, LG HE2,HE4,HG2

Always useful to have a few spare batteries. Sure you know this but if your mod uses a pair of batteries you must always use and charge this pair together. Puremist have 2 x 25R samsungs for 9.99 delivered.

Nowt wrong with the efests they are good for 20A continuous. These are all good ----Samsung 25R, LG HE2,HE4,HG2

Always useful to have a few spare batteries. Sure you know this but if your mod uses a pair of batteries you must always use and charge this pair together. Puremist have 2 x 25R samsungs for 9.99 delivered.
That's a brilliant price! Yeah I knew that, any ideas why that is the case ? Sorry for the questions I'm a pretty curious guy hahah!

That's a brilliant price! Yeah I knew that, any ideas why that is the case ? Sorry for the questions I'm a pretty curious guy hahah!
Bought 8 of the earlier blue 25r's from them earlier this year, good batteries fast delivery. Many others on here have bought too.

U can get them even cheaper on FT and gearbest.

Li ion batteries need treating with respect, they store a lot of energy and can fail spectacularly if abused. They are used by OEMs in equipment (laptops, cordless drills etc) that has circuitry to protect and charge the cells properly. Use a matched pair to avoid stressing one or other of the cells.

Last edited:
Bought 8 of the earlier blue 25r's from them earlier this year, good batteries fast delivery. Many others on here have bought too.

U can get them even cheaper on FT and gearbest.

Li ion batteries need treating with respect, they store a lot of energy and can fail spectacularly if abused. They are used by OEMs in equipment (laptops, cordless drills etc) that has circuitry to protect and charge the cells properly. Use a matched pair to avoid stressing one or other of the cells.
Thankyou very much!

Back
Top Bottom