What's new

Hot atomiser

boc_est1986

Initiate
I got my evic vt the other day and starting playing around with nickel coils. I started on the sub tank mini as I was aiming for 0.1 and thought it would be easier with a single coil. Coil ended up at 0.12 which is fine. Loaded in some homebrew juice and fired it up. Great vape and flavor set at 450f, a nice warm vape.
Decided to get a bit more adventurous today and buil the goblin with dual coils. I managed to get 0.8 and still have enough room on the deck to fiddle with coils. Filled it up and fired away at 450f. Sane great vape as the sub tank except the goblin gets really hot, not just warm but uncomfortable to hold for more than a few seconds.
Took the goblin off and put the sub tank back on. No problems with heat of the tank.
Anyone else had any issues with tanks getting hot at low ohms?

boc_est1986 yep... I personally don't vape anywhere near as low as you... but some drippers /tanks do get hot when using... if you have a pocket firing issue then any atomiser will do it... it tends to happen faster on smaller chambered atties... more airflow can lessen it... my Derringer I love and it doesn't get over hot at 0.5ohms. .. but it does warm up if used for long... on lower ohms builds am sure could get uncomfortably hot for me... only thing to do is build higher or rest it more... so only shorter pulls/firing with breaks in between and that will sort it...

Yeah sorry meant 0.08. I may just go back kanthal in the goblin and keep the sub tank for temp control

Or perhaps get some titanium and build higher in the goblin. There's no way I can cram any more that 15 wraps in there that I have at the moment

I run my Goblin at 0.4 ohms wi' Kanthal and have rarely, if ever, had it get warm let alone hot. Drippers with silly builds, well aye tad warm at times!

As the Goblin is a smaller device you might want to try no running it at the higher temperature. And that is as good as I can suggest, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom