What's new

Ijoy Avenger Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
So I won a giveaway by @heaven gifts last week and they asked me to put a few words on the forum about the mod so I thought I'd try my hand at a wee review.

Now I've only been using the kit for a couple of hours so these are very much first impressions.

Some pics:

20180524_174214.jpg
20180524_174812.jpg
20180524_174818.jpg
20180524_174448.jpg

And yes, I'm aware my table is dirty. I have a 2 year old who is a mucky wee eater.

First of all the voice activation. It's a decent concept but I can't get it to work properly. I've tried different volumes, accents and even sworn at it a few times and it's very hit and miss for me. It does however work perfectly every time for my missus so I'm assuming it hates the Scots and loves the Northern Irish. I do have quite a low and thick East Coast accent so that may be what's going on there. I think it'd be really handy in the car if I could get the bloody thing to work right.

There are also pretty lights that are quite customisable. You can choose between white, blue, red, green or colourful and there are settings for music reaction, which would be great in the dark with some banging tunes coming out of your phone. But sarcasm aside it's a good feature if you're into that. I've turned it off cause I'm old and grumpy.

Now, onto the actual mod. It's a nice size that fits well in the hand. It also has a bit of heft to it so feels solid. It takes both 20700 and 18650 batteries with an adaptor that's included. You also get 2 20700 ijoy batteries with it which is a bonus. The fire bar is nice and clicky and responds well. Three clicks of it takes you to the menus which are power, temp control, lights, power modes, tcr memory and settings. I've only used power mode on normal myself as I'm not into tc. I also quite like the display on this mod with a car design showing the battery life.

So far I've tried a few tanks on it and they look fine and work well. I don't know if it's because this mod's new but I prefer using my manta on it, rather than on my drag. The kit comes with the avenger tank and I really like it. It's airy, which I normally don't like but works well for me. I'm using the mesh coil that was installed and the flavour off it is pretty decent for a stock coil at 60w. I'll definitely buy more of these once this one burns out, as long as it doesn't burn out in a couple of days of course.

In summary, I like it. It's a good mod and a good tank. The voice control doesnt work for me but im not too bothered about that. It does work for others and if you're interested in that then I'd recommend it.

I'm not the most experienced vaper and I only have 4 mods so I don't have a lot to compare it to tbh but I am really enjoying this one so far.

Attachments

• 20180524_191254.jpg
    20180524_191254.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20180524_174358.jpg
    20180524_174358.jpg
    677.2 KB · Views: 27
Ring ring, ring ring. Phone call for @Gitchy, it's Iron Man, he says he wants his mod back [emoji23][emoji23]

Congratulations on your win and nice review [emoji106]

Wee update after the weekend.

Battery life is ok. Using the supplied 20700s that are 3000mah each. I don't use the lights on the mod and a full charge is lasting me about a day with constant use, and I mean constant, at 60w.

I can use the voice recognition if I put on a Northern Irish accent. Like Reverend Ian Paisley style Belfast accent.

The mesh coil in the tank is holding up well. Three and a half days of getting blasted and it's still going strong. I'm definitely buying more of these when payday rolls around.

lol, what can you control with the voice? (in theory)

You can lock and unlock it. In fact the only way to lock it is with the voice recognition, which was annoying at first as I have a wee one stoating about that likes to click things. You can up the wattage by 10w by saying 'power high' and down it by 10 saying 'power low'. This is actually the one I use most tbh, quicker than clicking the button and looking at the screen. Shite if you only want to go up by a couple of watts though. It also lets you see auto wattage on a new tank.

Then the rest is pretty much geared towards the lights on it, which I've not really explored. And finally you can turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom