What's new

Innokin Z60 Kit.

Astral

Achiever
Innokin Z60 Kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Innokin and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

DSCF2730.jpg

The Innokin Z50 kit, the predecessor to the Z60 kit, was probably the best beginners device around.

It was damn near perfect for its audience. It was simple, small, ergonomic, good looking and had a 2100mah internal battery that did everything it needed to for novices and basic users alike.

It was almost flawless in its design and a device that an absolute newbie could pick up and just use with very little learning at all, and this, the new upgraded Z60 version, is all of those, and more.

It comes equipped with a bigger battery, at 3.7v and 2500mah, and USB-Type-C, 1.7amp charging that lets you replenish your cell in a much quicker time frame than its slightly less powerful forbear, and it has a nice little bump up in power from 50w to 60w too.

In fact, it provides all the simplicity of its bigger brother, the Z80, just in a slightly smaller form and with an internal battery.

And for those who just want that - simplicity, then this is ideal.

In fact it's so convenient, my Dad's already claimed mine!

He doesn't want anything too big or complicated. He just wants something small and simple that he can plug in of an evening and forget about, and at only 75mm X 36.30 mm X 27.20mm [without the tank] - and made from a smooth Zinc Alloy body - things don't come much more compact or elegant either.

DSCF2736.jpg DSCF2737.jpg
DSCF2739.jpg DSCF2749.jpg

But despite this it doesn't give away much to its larger sibling.

Even the performance is relatively on a par, using just a slightly toned down chipset.

The board is a simple variable wattage and variable voltage affair that just lets you do the basics with ease.

There's nothing complicated to worry about here, like temperature control or variable power curves, it's just the basics - and the basics done well.

That means advanced users might feel a little neglected, but that's really not who this kit is aimed at.

This is a basic kit for basic users and for them it's perfect.

However, you do get Innokin's Fourth-generation Fourier coil refreshing technology and Coil/Wattage+ mode, so you can preserve your coil life and flavour a little whilst it also being a doddle to implement.

Just hold down the up and down buttons together, select it from the well populated menu and let it do its thing.

In Coil/Wattage+ mode it does, however, emit a little buzz a little after each draw, but you can silence this by running it in normal wattage mode if you prefer.

The other options let you set your screen timeout and puff cut-off.

If you want to clear your puff-counter, just hold down the plus and fire buttons together and hit fire, and if you want to lock your wattage, hold down the minus and fire buttons together and the green lock logo on the bright and vibrant home screen turn red.

The other info you get on your display is your wattage, voltage, coil's resistance, your battery level and a puff timer.

Plus your battery indicator is colour coded so it illuminates green if your battery is above 60%, yellow at 60 - 20% and red below 20%. So it’s child’s play to understand.

DSCF2839.jpg DSCF2850.jpg
DSCF2756.jpg DSCF2758.jpg

It’s all you need, really.

And another point of interest is that your safety is well taken care of as there’s also a handy - but stiff - sliding master power switch on the bottom to let you turn it on and off manually.

This can be real a bonus if you’re a pocket-carrier or a worrier like me, as it allows a hard power-off. Just as long as you remember to turn it back on again of course…

DSCF2754.jpg

I have to say I forgot a couple of times, and wondered what was wrong, but hopefully your memory is better than mine!

But anyway, it’s not the mod that’s the real story here, it’s the tank.

You see, this new Z60 kit uses a brand new top-filling and top-airflow Zlide tank that's been redesigned for cleanliness, efficiency and variation of capacity in mind.

DSCF2770.jpg DSCF2765.jpg
DSCF2767.jpg DSCF2771.jpg

It has a range of 2ml, 3ml and 4.5ml glasses available, and it mitigates any potential for leakage with its new top air-flow design - and this only inspires more confidence.

And, thankfully it doesn’t impact performance or flavour either. It’s still excellent on both counts and, in fact, it’s everything you’d expect from an improved Zlide tank and more.

The draw is still as smooth and turbulence free as ever, and it's still just as flavourful.

It ranges from a tight-ish MTL with the air-flow fully closed to a standard Innokin RDL with the hole-less air-flow control ring fully open.

It does have, however, have a very mild suction tone to the draw, but this is nothing intrusive or abnormal for a top-airflow tank, and is far less than most.

DSCF2806.jpg

And with Innokin's brand new pre-installed 0.6ohm Kanthal 9 - 13w Duo Prime Coil - plus a standard 0.3ohm 30 - 40w one in the box - and all the others still fitting too, it should provide a draw and warmth for everyone.

The Z-Coils were, and still are, in my eyes, legendary, but this new Duo Prime is probably even better.

They’re making a big play on it too - and rightly so.

They say it: ”Works by implanting an outer layer of mesh between the wicking material and inner coil”. And that: “The outer layer of mesh is of a higher resistance than the inner coil meaning it heats slowly, but that the heat and structural change still draws e-liquid into the wicking material and inner coil rapidly, and unlike traditional coils, the DuoPrime coils maintain full saturation between every vape, which dramatically impacts coil performance and longevity”

They also go on to say that: “The Duo Prime coil, due to the constant state of saturation, and the inner coil slowing down the wicking, delivers a richer flavour than its traditional counterparts and results in greater lifespan with you being able to take longer and more frequent puffs”.

So, that all sounds great then and I have to say, it doesn’t just sound great, it is.

If this kit had come equipped with just the old Zlide and Z-Coils I'd have been happy, but trying out these new ones has made it an even greater experience, and if this is a sign of things to come then they're only going to get better from here.

The texture and throat-hit of the Duo Prime coils, and the old ones for that matter, is still outstanding, and this really is yet another triumph for Innokin, just adding to their already formidable coil-building stable.

The only criticism I had with it is that the base of the tank initially seemed to cross-thread slightly when I screwed it on the for first few times but this seemed to correct itself after a while. It was certainly fine if you turned it a little counter-clockwise first.

Other than that there was nothing.

DSCF2780.jpg DSCF2786.jpg
DSCF2798.jpg DSCF2823.jpg

So it’s pretty much all good then.

Even the packaging is noble and eco-friendly.

Typically, you get everything you need - your mod, your tank, your two coils - a pre-installed 0.6ohm Duo Prime and standard 0.3ohm Z-Coil, a spare glass, a USB type-C charging cable, a spare drip-tip, a spare O-Ring set and your literature. So you have nothing to complain about with the provisions either.

It comes in a range of seven classy and tasteful colours: silver, black, gunmetal, red, blue, purple and pink, so caters for everyone.

DSCF2722.jpg DSCF2813.jpg

So, as user experiences go, you could say I've been most happy with mine.

It's been as unproblematic and hassle free as I'd expected, and my only gripe is that I’m not going to get to keep it.

But I know my Dad's going to be happy with it, just as I am with my own Z80.

But I suspect the happiest of all are going to be Innokin themselves who are going to sell bucket loads of these, and it’s going to keep them at the forefront of the game for a long time to come.

And as always, that's exactly what they intended, so you could say this is a job done well - and a job done very well, indeed.

DSCF2855.jpg

Nice dinky mod and the new 0.6 coil intrigues me. Thanks for sharing mate.

Hi @Astral thanks for the review, as you said in an earlier thread definitely worth the wait. Lovely kit @Innokin looks like they’ve worked their magic on this one, it’s on my list for sure. Great review many thanks.

Innokin Z60 Kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Innokin and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

View attachment 292862

The Innokin Z50 kit, the predecessor to the Z60 kit, was probably the best beginners device around.

It was damn near perfect for its audience. It was simple, small, ergonomic, good looking and had a 2100mah internal battery that did everything it needed to for novices and basic users alike.

It was almost flawless in its design and a device that an absolute newbie could pick up and just use with very little learning at all, and this, the new upgraded Z60 version, is all of those, and more.

It comes equipped with a bigger battery, at 3.7v and 2500mah, and USB-Type-C, 1.7amp charging that lets you replenish your cell in a much quicker time frame than its slightly less powerful forbear, and it has a nice little bump up in power from 50w to 60w too.

In fact, it provides all the simplicity of its bigger brother, the Z80, just in a slightly smaller form and with an internal battery.

And for those who just want that - simplicity, then this is ideal.

In fact it's so convenient, my Dad's already claimed mine!

He doesn't want anything too big or complicated. He just wants something small and simple that he can plug in of an evening and forget about, and at only 75mm X 36.30 mm X 27.20mm [without the tank] - and made from a smooth Zinc Alloy body - things don't come much more compact or elegant either.

View attachment 292863 View attachment 292864
View attachment 292865 View attachment 292867

But despite this it doesn't give away much to its larger sibling.

Even the performance is relatively on a par, using just a slightly toned down chipset.

The board is a simple variable wattage and variable voltage affair that just lets you do the basics with ease.

There's nothing complicated to worry about here, like temperature control or variable power curves, it's just the basics - and the basics done well.

That means advanced users might feel a little neglected, but that's really not who this kit is aimed at.

This is a basic kit for basic users and for them it's perfect.

However, you do get Innokin's Fourth-generation Fourier coil refreshing technology and Coil/Wattage+ mode, so you can preserve your coil life and flavour a little whilst it also being a doddle to implement.

Just hold down the up and down buttons together, select it from the well populated menu and let it do its thing.

In Coil/Wattage+ mode it does, however, emit a little buzz a little after each draw, but you can silence this by running it in normal wattage mode if you prefer.

The other options let you set your screen timeout and puff cut-off.

If you want to clear your puff-counter, just hold down the plus and fire buttons together and hit fire, and if you want to lock your wattage, hold down the minus and fire buttons together and the green lock logo on the bright and vibrant home screen turn red.

The other info you get on your display is your wattage, voltage, coil's resistance, your battery level and a puff timer.

Plus your battery indicator is colour coded so it illuminates green if your battery is above 60%, yellow at 60 - 20% and red below 20%. So it’s child’s play to understand.

View attachment 292868 View attachment 292869
View attachment 292883 View attachment 292884

It’s all you need, really.

And another point of interest is that your safety is well taken care of as there’s also a handy - but stiff - sliding master power switch on the bottom to let you turn it on and off manually.

This can be real a bonus if you’re a pocket-carrier or a worrier like me, as it allows a hard power-off. Just as long as you remember to turn it back on again of course…

View attachment 292880

I have to say I forgot a couple of times, and wondered what was wrong, but hopefully your memory is better than mine!

But anyway, it’s not the mod that’s the real story here, it’s the tank.

You see, this new Z60 kit uses a brand new top-filling and top-airflow Zlide tank that's been redesigned for cleanliness, efficiency and variation of capacity in mind.

View attachment 292870 View attachment 292871
View attachment 292872 View attachment 292873

It has a range of 2ml, 3ml and 4.5ml glasses available, and it mitigates any potential for leakage with its new top air-flow design - and this only inspires more confidence.

And, thankfully it doesn’t impact performance or flavour either. It’s still excellent on both counts and, in fact, it’s everything you’d expect from an improved Zlide tank and more.

The draw is still as smooth and turbulence free as ever, and it's still just as flavourful.

It ranges from a tight-ish MTL with the air-flow fully closed to a standard Innokin RDL with the hole-less air-flow control ring fully open.

It does have, however, have a very mild suction tone to the draw, but this is nothing intrusive or abnormal for a top-airflow tank, and is far less than most.

View attachment 292874

And with Innokin's brand new pre-installed 0.6ohm Kanthal 9 - 13w Duo Prime Coil - plus a standard 0.3ohm 30 - 40w one in the box - and all the others still fitting too, it should provide a draw and warmth for everyone.

The Z-Coils were, and still are, in my eyes, legendary, but this new Duo Prime is probably even better.

They’re making a big play on it too - and rightly so.

They say it: ”Works by implanting an outer layer of mesh between the wicking material and inner coil”. And that: “The outer layer of mesh is of a higher resistance than the inner coil meaning it heats slowly, but that the heat and structural change still draws e-liquid into the wicking material and inner coil rapidly, and unlike traditional coils, the DuoPrime coils maintain full saturation between every vape, which dramatically impacts coil performance and longevity”

They also go on to say that: “The Duo Prime coil, due to the constant state of saturation, and the inner coil slowing down the wicking, delivers a richer flavour than its traditional counterparts and results in greater lifespan with you being able to take longer and more frequent puffs”.

So, that all sounds great then and I have to say, it doesn’t just sound great, it is.

If this kit had come equipped with just the old Zlide and Z-Coils I'd have been happy, but trying out these new ones has made it an even greater experience, and if this is a sign of things to come then they're only going to get better from here.

The texture and throat-hit of the Duo Prime coils, and the old ones for that matter, is still outstanding, and this really is yet another triumph for Innokin, just adding to their already formidable coil-building stable.

The only criticism I had with it is that the base of the tank initially seemed to cross-thread slightly when I screwed it on the for first few times but this seemed to correct itself after a while. It was certainly fine if you turned it a little counter-clockwise first.

Other than that there was nothing.

View attachment 292875 View attachment 292877
View attachment 292878 View attachment 292879

So it’s pretty much all good then.

Even the packaging is noble and eco-friendly.

Typically, you get everything you need - your mod, your tank, your two coils - a pre-installed 0.6ohm Duo Prime and standard 0.3ohm Z-Coil, a spare glass, a USB type-C charging cable, a spare drip-tip, a spare O-Ring set and your literature. So you have nothing to complain about with the provisions either.

It comes in a range of seven classy and tasteful colours: silver, black, gunmetal, red, blue, purple and pink, so caters for everyone.

View attachment 292881 View attachment 292882

So, as user experiences go, you could say I've been most happy with mine.

It's been as unproblematic and hassle free as I'd expected, and my only gripe is that I’m not going to get to keep it.

But I know my Dad's going to be happy with it, just as I am with my own Z80.

But I suspect the happiest of all are going to be Innokin themselves who are going to sell bucket loads of these, and it’s going to keep them at the forefront of the game for a long time to come.

And as always, that's exactly what they intended, so you could say this is a job done well - and a job done very well, indeed.

View attachment 292885
Nice review fella. I didnt own the Z50 but have been using the Z60 for a week now and really liking it. As you say its straightforward to use and the updated Zlide top tank performs really well. The 0.6ohm coil give great results.

Hi @Astral, thanks so much for your sincere review, glad you like the Innokin Coolfire Z60 so much, and we are excited that we've done the job very well:bliss:

Thank you Astral for great review. Looking forward to trying the new tank and Duo coil.

Back
Top Bottom