What's new

Review IPV4

thattonykreb0rn

Postman
IPV4 Review
ipv4.jpg
The IPV4 is the latest in the much loved IPV series from Chinese manufacturers Pioneer4you.
The company had previously had success with the IPV2 and IPV3 box mods.

The IPV4 came out at a time when temperature control was the new craze and Pioneer4you didn’t disappoint by adding that functionality to its latest device.
The IPV4 can fire in regular ‘POWER’ mode using Watts or in ‘JOULES’ mode if you are using nickel wire. I have only used Kanthal builds on my IPV4 and it has been amazing, not misfired or anything of the sort.
I am waiting for some Ni200 Kanger Subtank coils to arrive and once I have put them through their paces on the IPV4, I will update the review.
IMG_20150618_232435.jpg
The styling of the IPV4 has had somewhat of a makeover from its predecessors, the earlier IPVs were always of a ‘sharp edged corner’ design while the IPV4 now has curves and feels better in the hand.

I personally like the new styling and I think it stands out from the crowd, where other manufacturers are happy churning out ‘box’ shaped mods, Pioneer4you have opted to break away from the form factor of its highly popular IPV series and done something different.
It’s refreshing and while some hard-core IPV fans may not like the new look, it might attract new users.

The IPV4 also has a quick release battery cover which is made of plastic but it has a rubberised finish to boost grip and give it a more premium look/feel.

In terms of power output, the IPV4 is somewhat of a step backwards. The IPV3 was able to produce 150W out of the box and then 165W with a firmware update.
The IPV4 only produces 100W but that is more than enough for most people. Pioneer4you have included a USB cable in the box and its sole purpose is to update the firmware so it’s safe to assume that the IPV4 will get more power in the future.

Using the IPV4 is straight forward enough and its similar to a lot of devices already available, 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on. Once turned on, another 5 clicks of the fire button takes you into the menu where you can scroll through the options with the fire button and select an option with the +/- buttons.

In the box there is the IPV4
A USB cable
User manual

IPV4 Mod Features Include:
Yihi chip – SX330 V4S.
Resistance reads down to 0.1 Ω.
Resistance reads up to 3.0 Ω.
Adjustable wattage: 10W-100W.
Output voltage: 1.0V – 7.5V.
Takes 2 18650 Batteries (batteries are not included).
Aluminum alloy case with rubber battery cover.
Quick release battery cover, no screws necessary!
Auto ohm resistance meter finds ideal voltage for tank/dripper.
Voltage is calculated automatically as wattage is adjusted.
Wattage adjusted via two buttons -/+.
5 user adjustable memory settings.
Advanced LED interface screen.
Spring-loaded self-adjusting 510 pin.
Comes with Mini USB cable for firmware update.
A universal 9V AC Adapter can be purchased at any electronics outlet. This is used to charge the batteries. Sold separately.

So, what do you get for your money?
In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to find another mod that can do all the things the IPV4 can do for the same price.
I brought mine for £54.99 from Sunny @ noblevaping.com and it is worth every penny.
A well built 100W TC box mod from a company with a good reputation within the vaping world.

I hope you enjoyed my first review, please go easy on me :) and I’ll be back soon with some more reviews.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom