What's new

Is Anything Being Done To Prevent Exploding E-Cigarettes?

K

KulrMeStoopid

Think you had something else on your mind, as your 2nd link is for game of thrones!!

http://consumerist.com/2013/10/03/is-anything-being-done-about-exploding-e-cigarettes/

By Chris Morran October 3, 2013
(Reddit)

While concerns about health effects and youth-targeted marketing have the attorneys general of 37 states asking the FDA to regulate e-cigarettes much like the agency regulates the sale of tobacco, there are numerous reports of the devices “exploding” or catching fire, which can be significantly more dangerous than simply inhaling nicotine.

Probably not true, I bet its a pic from the early 90s showing what happens if you spill your mc D's coffee in your car. But its OK now, that have a little sign on the cups saying its hot. But hay you can't expect everyone to be gifted with common sense!

sent from my etch-a-sketch using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Will anything be done about people fitting cigarette lighter to usb adapters to their cars and expecting things to not blow up.

The wife killed her samsung galaxy s3 the other day starting the engine with it plugged into one of the things. I wonder how many volts they can spike to when the engine is turned over?

this could be a silly question but can they not build in surge protection on the chargers?
also don't all chargers and batteries have to meet a certain standard of safety and be kite marked? (in the UK at least)

this could be a silly question but can they not build in surge protection on the chargers?
also don't all chargers and batteries have to meet a certain standard of safety and be kite marked? (in the UK at least)

They do on the quality ones, but you'll find some of these cheap knockoffs are using recycled laptop cells instead of proper new batteries (info courtesy of Torchy)

Will anything be done about people fitting cigarette lighter to usb adapters to their cars and expecting things to not blow up.

The wife killed her samsung galaxy s3 the other day starting the engine with it plugged into one of the things. I wonder how many volts they can spike to when the engine is turned over?

It can easily be 2 or 3 Kv, but only lasts for a millisecond or so...

Back
Top Bottom