What's new

is this the end of Vape Mail via the Royal Mail?

alstonmoorecigs

Initiate
I went to my local post office this morning to post some eliquids out to a customer and was met with..........

"Prohibited and Restricted Items" - A guide to what you can and cannot send in the mail.

There are numerous categories in the leaflet I got inc dead animals, ashes, alcohol, perishables and filth.

But the 2 categories that are seriously worrying are Poison/Toxic Liquids and Batteries!!

Yikes.

Anyone know anything about this. it came into force today!!

http://www.royalmail.com/posting-safely?intcampaignid=Promo_H_prohibited_goods

I read on the custom webby via parcel force (I was getting paranoid about my kit coming received today :) ) as for batteries there are certain types you can post as long there apart of a device that are rechargeable.

so am assuming that single batteries are a no go no matter of the type from now on from what I reading.

I've switched to UPS for everything I can now. Sod Rm.

UPS want to charge me £10 for every parcel. It used to cost between 90p and £1.50 thru Royal Mail !!

Anyone any ideas which carrier might be the cheapest?

I'm yet to be convinced that the new instructions apply to juice, I'm sure they were aimed at liquids requiring a hazchem classification and certification.

I'd say the oil on the Posty's bike chain is more hazardous than any juice.

Obv. this is nothing more than my opinion.

To be honest, I've posted out a few kits today, some ego battery, they all fine, as long as they packaged, and not turned on, as long as they not loose it'll be fine, as for the liquid, if they ask just tell em its Glycerine, and it should be all good. Trust me guys it wouldn't affect us as much, everyone is getting paranoid.

take a look in the vendor private forums. been a thread in there for about a month ;)

I just sent a package to Leicestershire and one to Germany. Total cost was £15. With RM it would have cost £25.
It's not just the fact that their cheaper than RM but more bloody reliable.

I just sent a package to Leicestershire and one to Germany. Total cost was £15. With RM it would have cost £25.
It's not just the fact that their cheaper than RM but more bloody reliable.
It does seem that they are doing everything to drive custom into the arms of their competitors. I wonder if there is actually more going on as I can't believe that this kind of thing could be part of the business plans for a company that wants to carry on being successful.

Back
Top Bottom