What's new

Israel sees 94% drop in symptomatic cases after Pfizer vaccine roll-out

Mitz

Administrator
Staff member
https://globalnews.ca/news/7640654/israel-covid-19-pfizer-vaccine/

Israel reports 94% drop in symptomatic COVID-19 cases with Pfizer vaccine.

Israel‘s largest healthcare provider on Sunday reported a 94 per cent drop in symptomatic COVID-19 infections among 600,000 people who received two doses of the Pfizer’s vaccine in the country’s biggest study to date.

Health maintenance organization (HMO) Clalit, which covers more than half of all Israelis, said the same group was also 92 per cent less likely to develop severe illness from the virus.

The comparison was against a group of the same size, with matching medical histories, who had not received the vaccine.

“It shows unequivocally that Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine is extremely effective in the real world a week after the second dose, just as it was found to be in the clinical study,” said Ran Balicer, Clalit’s chief innovation officer.

He added that the data indicates the Pfizer vaccine, which was developed in partnership with Germany’s BioNTech, is even more effective two weeks or more after the second shot.

Hospitalisations and serious illness were still rising in younger groups who began vaccinations weeks later.

Israel has been conducting a rapid vaccine rollout and its database offers insights into vaccine effectiveness and at what point countries might attain herd immunity.

I don't mind which one i get..any of the approved ones will do....so what if the AstraZeneca efficacy isn't quite as effective against that South African strain....it'll still provide effective protection against death....which is the point isn't it? I don't mind being a little bit sick for a time....but death..at my age...no thanks!

Got to doff me cap off at Israel's speedy roll out of their vaccination program, already 70% of first doses done...way ahead of anybody else. However that said....what about the Palestinians? They are being somewhat cagey about helping them out from what I've read...probably quite happy to see them suffer...they ain't all saints in that country.

Anyway....congratulations to Pfizer & BioNTech, not only the first to get their vaccine approved, but it's a good 'un too. I'm sure the boffins in Oxford will tweak theirs to suit in the fullness of time.

Last edited:
We really need more encouraging news. This is lasting for too long.

I don't mind which one i get..any of the approved ones will do....so what if the AstraZeneca efficacy isn't quite as effective against that South African strain....it'll still provide effective protection against death....which is the point isn't it? I don't mind being a little bit sick for a time....but death..at my age...no thanks!

Got doff me cap off at Israel's speedy roll out of their vaccination program, already 70% of first does done...way ahead of anybody else. However that said....what about the Palestinians? They are being somewhat cagey about helping them out from what I've read...probably quite happy to see them suffer...they ain't all saints in that country.

Anyway....congratualtions to Pfizer & BioNTech, not only the first to get their vaccine approved, but it's a good 'un too. I'm sure the boffins in Oxford will tweak theirs to suit in the fullness of time.

It is indeed great news that Israel is making good progress over controlling new covid infections.

However, it has to be questioned how rapid Israels vaccination program is.
Many people are now saying that they lead the world in vaccination because of the fact that they have now vaccinated 70% of their population, but that is distorted crap really.
Here are the simple facts.
Israel did their first vaccination on 20th December, our first was on 08th December (if I remember correctly) so we only had a week, and a half head start on them.
Yes, they have now vaccinated 70% of the population, but the population of Israel is only 9.7 million, so they have vaccinated a little over 6 million people.
Whilst in roughly the same period of time we have now vaccinated 16 million people !

I think that is proof that our NHS, and all the other people involved have shown that we are the leaders in the world over mass vaccination.

It is indeed great news that Israel is making good progress over controlling new covid infections.

However, it has to be questioned how rapid Israels vaccination program is.
Many people are now saying that they lead the world in vaccination because of the fact that they have now vaccinated 70% of their population, but that is distorted crap really.
Here are the simple facts.
Israel did their first vaccination on 20th December, our first was on 08th December (if I remember correctly) so we only had a week, and a half head start on them.
Yes, they have now vaccinated 70% of the population, but the population of Israel is only 9.7 million, so they have vaccinated a little over 6 million people.
Whilst in roughly the same period of time we have now vaccinated 16 million people !

I think that is proof that our NHS, and all the other people involved have shown that we are the leaders in the world over mass vaccination.

True....and so could be said of Bahrain also. They are 2nd behind Israel..but again their population is about the same as Israel. If one were to concentrate on larger sized populations, then UK would be top of that list. In terms of numbers though, the US beat everybody by some margin, with 40 million doses administered....but they do have some way to go with a population of 325 million!

But the part of the world that takes overall first prize..is..believe of not..is Gibraltar! They've done almost 80% of their poopulation now. However, they do have only 34K to do! :D

Back
Top Bottom