What's new

Review Kanger KBOX! Its a little belter

EssexBoy

Achiever
Kangertech KBOX

This product was received free of charge for the purpose of review from one of our vendors www.Efun.top, Efun shipped door to door in a rapid 3 days using DHL.
Despite the fact that this was free my review will remain accurate and honest.

Specifications and features

· 510 Threaded
· Minimum resistance: 0.4
· Adjustable wattage settings (8W, 13W, 20W, 25W, 30W, 35W or 40W)
· On/off - press the power button 5 times within 3 seconds to turn the device on or off
· Low voltage protection
· Low resistance protection - If the coil is less than 0.4ohm, the power light will flash 3 times and disable any output
· Short circuit protection - If a Short is detected, the power light will flash 3 times and disable any output
· Reverse battery protection
· Low battery warning
· 10 second cut off safety feature
· Twist-off tail cap
· Utilises one high amp 18650 battery (removable and sold separately)

First Impressions

Kanger has upped its game in the packaging department and remains consistent with their new Subohm products. A red sliding cardboard box opens to reveal various instructions, warranty and the KBOX device. The KBOX is light in the hand and feels comfortable to hold. Anyone who may have been lucky enough to use or own a ZNA will feel at home with the shape and size of the KBOX.
The cut out “K” adds a nice aesthetic touch as well as the much needed battery venting holes.

Using the Device

I was excited to get my hands on this mod. It has been somewhat controversial and I felt that I needed to see for myself why this product had split opinions of even the most hardened vaper.
Screw off the bottom cap and drop in an 18650, that’s about how difficult it is. If you are unable to do that then this isn’t the product for you ;-)

I think that this mod is idiot proof!!

Looking at the “display (or should I say “light show”?), the 7 lights on the left signify battery life (more lights displayed, more battery……obviously).

The lights on the right signify the power. This device allows the user to change the power in set increments 8, 13, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 Watts. “WHAAAAAT!!!!” I hear you scream. I remember having the same discussion with my local vape shop manager prior to its release and we slated this device. Actually its fine.

When using subohm tanks 20 – 30 watts is the norm. My OCD wont allow me to vape on imprecise wattages (e.g. 23.6 Watts) so actually this device is made for me!!

This device is definitely designed for use with the Kanger Subtank products in particular the 25mm original Subtank and the new Subtank Plus. Although 22mm attys dont look out of place.

A small button under the “light show” lets you adjust the wattage setting and round robins.

Battery life is good but will depend on the battery you use. Using a Samsung 25R at 25W I got a full days use out of it and if im truthfully honest, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Conclusion

Would I use my hard earned cash to buy one? I have!! My mum now uses a KBOX and loves it.

1. Yes it’s a bit gimmicky
2. Yes its basic
3. Yes you actually have to remove the battery to charge it.

But this little mod is a stonker and a must have for anyones vape drawer, cupboard, room.

Especially when you consider how cheap this thing is!!! $22.20 (£14.32)
You can purchase the KBOX at a great price from www.efun.top. All their branded products are 100% genuine with scratch panels (I have checked!)

40W Kangertech KBox 18650 VW MOD - $22.20

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited:
Great review there mate, I thought I really wouldn't like the KBOX but I actually love mine, think it's a cracking little mod for the money

I received mine on Saturday which was awesome. I got my Nano, Arctic, and some AWT 18605's. I am now using it with the Nano, and this is my first sub tank experience. I feckin' <3 this thing. The button provides enough of a click for me, it fits very comfortably in the palm of my hand, and it's a very simple no fuss device. At this price point, which for me was £15 inc delivery, it is ace. I'm very pleased with it.

There is definitely no turning back for me now that I have tried a sub ohm capable device. The review is great EssexBoy. I love this thing as well.

Great review. Was unsure about this too but love it's simplicity and it performs great

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom