What's new

Review Kangside U1000 Mini from Gearbest

Ment

Legend
Kangside.jpg

I won this in a competition from Gearbest here on POTV. I was on the verge of ordering the TC model when the Smok Xcube 2 came out and went for that instead, so this is a nice bonus.

Having fallen prey to the trend for mini box mods, my first thoughts were that this is way too big, but if you want 100 watts then it has to be dual 18650 so it has to be this size.

The only other negative is the lack of USB charging. This doesn’t bother me, but could be a clincher for someone who doesn’t have an 18650 charger.

Apart from that, I can’t fault it. It’s plain and simple, as I like, and the cut-off corner gives it just a bit of personality. The brushed effect is very pleasing, and my daughter actually thought it was painted wood. It’s made of aluminium, and even with two batteries in is lighter than the Subox with one.

The seams are very accurate, and it took me a while to work out how to remove the battery cover - it looks like it’s sealed and I had to examine the cover the whole way round to see where the join is and it is actually quite difficult to remove it.

Operation is straightforward, 5 clicks on and off on the fire button, + and - buttons. The buttons and the screen are slightly offset to the left, which is fine for a right hander, but might be a bit awkward for a left hander. The screen displays the battery percentage which is useful.

I set up a dripper to 0.1 ohms and gave it 95 watts without any problems.

This has no big advantages over all the other similar specified mods on the market, but if you like the looks and fancy a bit of extra power you won’t go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom