What's new

Review Living With: The Council Of Vapor Mini Volt

makincrazyvapes

Postman
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1460311396.416413.jpg
Hey Vapin' Apes... this is my very first review! I know the COV Mini Volt has been out some time now and there are lots of reviews of it online already, but thought I'd share my experiences of living with this device...so that's what this piece is for, rather than being a "hey look at this shiny new doohickey" type of thang.

When I first saw this mod I couldn't get my head round how tiny it is, and after watching some reviews I decided that I MUST get one. At the time, I was looking for a small, discreet mod that I could use while driving, on work breaks and for trips to the pub. I paired it up with a Kangertech Sub Tank Mini with a sub ohm coil and I have to say I'm very impressed with the performance.

As you'd expect for a device this size, the battery doesn't last all that long. It also takes a few hours to charge it up again once you've drained it, which you will do with occasional usage over the course of a day. I use it at 20-30w on soft power ramp mode to get maximum vaping time out of it. Power delivery is smooth and consistent and this little beauty fires single coil tanks very well. I did try it with a Smok TFV4 mini, but it doesn't really have the legs for that kind of coilage dude! If you get the low battery warning, put it into 'soft' and you will have enough 'get you home' power, it won't shut off straight away and will give you short bursts. You can carry on vaping when the device is on charge so it is ideal for use while you are driving.

The controls are different to anything I've used before, as you have to hold the fire button down and then press the plus or minus keys to change the power ramp modes and wattage settings which takes a bit of getting used to initially, as does the top mounted screen. The screen itself is lovely, very bright and clear considering it's smaller than a postage stamp!

The build quality is excellent and it certainly looks the business with the carbon fibre detailing. The unit has a solid but not overly heavy feel to it and it sits in your hand nicely due to the rounded edges. The only complaint I have after four weeks of daily use is that the rubberised coating is wearing off round the edges of the end plate - and that's with careful handling and solo pocket stashing.

All in all, a well crafted, handy little mod at a great price, which is ideal for use 'on the go'.

I hope you enjoyed my review, any feedback or comments most welcome!

Good review! Can't wait for mine to arrive. I'm thinking of using it as a backup mod due to the small battery.

Back
Top Bottom