What's new

Lost Vape Thelema Elite 40 Pod Kit & RBA Pod

Netvaper

Achiever
Lost Vape Thelema Elite 40 Pod Kit & the E-Plus RBA

The folks at @Sourcemore kindly sent me this to review, it’s a pod kit that is unusual as you can also buy an rba pod for.

It’s available at https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-thelema-elite-40-kit.html for around £16, the rba is around £11. https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-e-plus-rba-cartridge.html
SM8OFF gives you 8% off your first order.

What’s in the boxes
Both came well packaged in nice boxes, contents:-

1. Thelema Elite 40 mod, two E Plus standard pods, a basic user manual, type-C charging cable, a lanyard, warranty and filling tips cards.
  2. E-Plus RBA pod, a connector to build on the Elite 40, 4 airflow pins, a basic user manual, spare o-rings, 2 sets of spare grub screws, a small slot head screwdriver, a tool to fit an air pin and a dinky coiling rod.
IMG20240704100519.jpgIMG20240704095806.jpg

Specifications
  • The mod is made of zinc alloy with a PU (polyurethane) grip, auto draw and button activation, adjustable airflow and comes in 9 colours.
  • Size H105xW36x18mm, weight 81 grams (with pod fitted).
  • Quest 2.0 chipset with Boost function, wattage range 5-40, coil resistance 0.3-1ohm, the usual safety features.
  • 1400 mAh internal battery, 1.4A USB-C charging port with pass through.
  • A 0.69 OLED monochrome screen shows a battery status bar, ohms, watts, puff duration and 3 digit counter, a padlock is displayed if the fire button is locked.
  • Tinted PCTG pods with fixed mesh coils (0.3 and 0.6ohm), duckbill mouthpiece, side filling, capacities 3ml standard, 2ml TPD.
  • With an optional adaptor Ursa pods (0.6, 0.8, 1 and 1.2ohm) are compatible.
  • RBA pod with 1, 1.5, 2 and 2.2mm unmarked airflow pins.

The Elite 40 Mod

1721122532835.png

It’s a nice looking, compact, lightweight pod mod that is well made and is comfy in the hand, I received the Midnight Black one. The airflow adjustment, screen and charging port are all on one side, branding is understated with Lost Vape on one side and Thelema Elite on the other. The inhale activation works well but can’t be used with the rba pod. If you prefer you can use the fire button, I found it’s position suits thumb firing in the right hand and trigger finger in the left, The airflow slider remains in place and works well, I had no issues with covering the airflow when using. It’s good to see 2 pods included with the kit, the pods are held securely by magnets though there’s quite a bit of wobble with them but when vaping it isn’t an issue.

The screen is small but clear and readable outdoors, it goes off after about 15 seconds of no activity, the puff counter resets to zero when it is turned off. There are no -/+ buttons, 5 clicks of the fire button turns it on/off and 4 clicks locks/unlocks the fire button. A nice feature is you can adjust the wattage, 3 clicks causes the watts to flash whereupon they can be increased (in 0.5 watts) by pressing/holding the fire button, it will round robin to lower the watts, the setting are retained when it is turned off. The maximum wattage is restricted by the coil resistance with both the stock coil and rba pods.

I vaped a 3mg 50/50 NET in it.

The E Plus Fixed Coil Pods

1721121882586.png
1721121972586.png

You have to removed a pod to fill and check the juice level, filling is easy via the rubber plug on the side but it’s not the easiest to see the juice level. I only used the 0.6 pod and it performed well giving good flavour with plenty of vapour and a smooth draw and I didn’t have an issue with leaking or condensation other than some condensation collects in the mouthpiece.

The E Plus RBA Pod

1721122158021.png

Filling, juice visibility and condensation in the mouthpiece is as per the stock coil pod. The deck is held in the pod by a spring mechanism, to remove press in on both sides and pull out, to refit push it back in, it’s a tad fiddly. The deck can be removed with juice in the pod which happily sits upside down. A connector is used to build on the Elite 40, drop it in the mod and attach the deck to it which is held by magnets. The under coil air pins screw in using the supplied tool, changing a pin disturbs the build so you can’t do it on the fly. To swap a pin remove the deck and unscrew it, there’s a peek insulator underneath the pin so take care when removing it as this needs to be in place before replacing it. The fitted 2.2mm pin came with an o-ring but the other 3 didn’t so I had to fit one from the spares bag, after changing a pin you really need to replace the build.

The chimney has wicking holes at the base on each side, it’s a push fit into the mouthpiece held by o-rings and simply sits on top of the deck, the bore is 3.5mm. It’s a tiny postless deck so fitting a coil is fiddly, the coil legs need to be parallel and cut with the coil height you’re after in mind before fitting, loosen the screws enough to drop the coil legs in (depth is about 2mm) and tighten. I fitted a 6 wrap 28g Kanthal 2.5mm id coil, 3mm should fit. I trimmed the cotton to the outside of the deck, primed and put the deck back in the pod into the chimney section. (I saw a reviewer who pushed the chimney section out, fitted it over the deck and then trimmed the cotton and primed the coil through the chimney but that requires draining the tank). It wicks well and produces nice flavour, I only used the 1mm air pin as you can’t swap one on the fly and it was fine for me giving a smooth, quiet draw, the airflow adjustment made little difference. I didn’t have an issue with leaking or condensation. The coil I used read as 1.1ohm and the watts was limited to 17, it didn’t bother me as I used a wattage below that.

IMG20240714152230.jpg

Final Thoughts

The standard pod kit. It’s nice looking, light, well made, easy to use, the pods give good flavour and is very good value. The battery capacity is decent though at 40w it won’t last too long. Niggles are you have to remove the pod to see the juice level and the pod wobbles. If you’re after a rdl or loose mtl it’s a good bit of kit but for a tighter mtl draw you have to buy an additional adaptor and use Ursa pods.

The rba pod. It’s also very good value, produces nice flavour and gives the kit extra appeal to those into rebuildables. Niggles are the deck is fiddly to build on, you can’t swap an air pin on the fly without disturbing the build, the mod limits the watts and it has the same niggles as the stock coil pods. Overall it’s very decent for what after all is a pod.

Lost Vape Thelema Elite 40 Pod Kit & the E-Plus RBA

The folks at @Sourcemore kindly sent me this to review, it’s a pod kit that is unusual as you can also buy an rba pod for.

It’s available at https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-thelema-elite-40-kit.html for around £16, the rba is around £11. https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-e-plus-rba-cartridge.html
SM8OFF gives you 8% off your first order.

What’s in the boxes
Both came well packaged in nice boxes, contents:-

1. Thelema Elite 40 mod, two E Plus standard pods, a basic user manual, type-C charging cable, a lanyard, warranty and filling tips cards.
  2. E-Plus RBA pod, a connector to build on the Elite 40, 4 airflow pins, a basic user manual, spare o-rings, 2 sets of spare grub screws, a small slot head screwdriver, a tool to fit an air pin and a dinky coiling rod.
View attachment 355431View attachment 355432

Specifications
  • The mod is made of zinc alloy with a PU (polyurethane) grip, auto draw and button activation, adjustable airflow and comes in 9 colours.
  • Size H105xW36x18mm, weight 81 grams (with pod fitted).
  • Quest 2.0 chipset with Boost function, wattage range 5-40, coil resistance 0.3-1ohm, the usual safety features.
  • 1400 mAh internal battery, 1.4A USB-C charging port with pass through.
  • A 0.69 OLED monochrome screen shows a battery status bar, ohms, watts, puff duration and 3 digit counter, a padlock is displayed if the fire button is locked.
  • Tinted PCTG pods with fixed mesh coils (0.3 and 0.6ohm), duckbill mouthpiece, side filling, capacities 3ml standard, 2ml TPD.
  • With an optional adaptor Ursa pods (0.6, 0.8, 1 and 1.2ohm) are compatible.
  • RBA pod with 1, 1.5, 2 and 2.2mm unmarked airflow pins.

The Elite 40 Mod

View attachment 355434

It’s a nice looking, compact, lightweight pod mod that is well made and is comfy in the hand, I received the Midnight Black one. The airflow adjustment, screen and charging port are all on one side, branding is understated with Lost Vape on one side and Thelema Elite on the other. The inhale activation works well but can’t be used with the rba pod. If you prefer you can use the fire button, I found it’s position suits thumb firing in the right hand and trigger finger in the left, The airflow slider remains in place and works well, I had no issues with covering the airflow when using. It’s good to see 2 pods included with the kit, the pods are held securely by magnets though there’s quite a bit of wobble with them but when vaping it isn’t an issue.

The screen is small but clear and readable outdoors, it goes off after about 15 seconds of no activity, the puff counter resets to zero when it is turned off. There are no -/+ buttons, 5 clicks of the fire button turns it on/off and 4 clicks locks/unlocks the fire button. A nice feature is you can adjust the wattage, 3 clicks causes the watts to flash whereupon they can be increased (in 0.5 watts) by pressing/holding the fire button, it will round robin to lower the watts, the setting are retained when it is turned off. The maximum wattage is restricted by the coil resistance with both the stock coil and rba pods.

I vaped a 3mg 50/50 NET in it.

The E Plus Fixed Coil Pods

View attachment 355427View attachment 355428
You have to removed a pod to fill and check the juice level, filling is easy via the rubber plug on the side but it’s not the easiest to see the juice level. I only used the 0.6 pod and it performed well giving good flavour with plenty of vapour and a smooth draw and I didn’t have an issue with leaking or condensation other than some condensation collects in the mouthpiece.

The E Plus RBA Pod

View attachment 355430

Filling, juice visibility and condensation in the mouthpiece is as per the stock coil pod. The deck is held in the pod by a spring mechanism, to remove press in on both sides and pull out, to refit push it back in, it’s a tad fiddly. The deck can be removed with juice in the pod which happily sits upside down. A connector is used to build on the Elite 40, drop it in the mod and attach the deck to it which is held by magnets. The under coil air pins screw in using the supplied tool, changing a pin disturbs the build so you can’t do it on the fly. To swap a pin remove the deck and unscrew it, there’s a peek insulator underneath the pin so take care when removing it as this needs to be in place before replacing it. The fitted 2.2mm pin came with an o-ring but the other 3 didn’t so I had to fit one from the spares bag, after changing a pin you really need to replace the build.

The chimney has wicking holes at the base on each side, it’s a push fit into the mouthpiece held by o-rings and simply sits on top of the deck, the bore is 3.5mm. It’s a tiny postless deck so fitting a coil is fiddly, the coil legs need to be parallel and cut with the coil height you’re after in mind before fitting, loosen the screws enough to drop the coil legs in (depth is about 2mm) and tighten. I fitted a 6 wrap 28g Kanthal 2.5mm id coil, 3mm should fit. I trimmed the cotton to the outside of the deck, primed and put the deck back in the pod into the chimney section. (I saw a reviewer who pushed the chimney section out, fitted it over the deck and then trimmed the cotton and primed the coil through the chimney but that requires draining the tank). It wicks well and produces nice flavour, I only used the 1mm air pin as you can’t swap one on the fly and it was fine for me giving a smooth, quiet draw, the airflow adjustment made little difference. I didn’t have an issue with leaking or condensation. The coil I used read as 1.1ohm and the watts was limited to 17, it didn’t bother me as I used a wattage below that.

View attachment 355433

Final Thoughts

The standard pod kit. It’s nice looking, light, well made, easy to use, the pods give good flavour and is very good value. The battery capacity is decent though at 40w it won’t last too long. Niggles are you have to remove the pod to see the juice level and the pod wobbles. If you’re after a rdl or loose mtl it’s a good bit of kit but for a tighter mtl draw you have to buy an additional adaptor and use Ursa pods.

The rba pod. It’s also very good value, produces nice flavour and gives the kit extra appeal to those into rebuildables. Niggles are the deck is fiddly to build on, you can’t swap an air pin on the fly without disturbing the build, the mod limits the watts and it has the same niggles as the stock coil pods. Overall it’s very decent for what after all is a pod.

Been using this for quite a while now with the RBA pod. Works great for MTL imo. It is a bit fiddly to build but I've had worse.

Been using this for quite a while now with the RBA pod. Works great for MTL imo. It is a bit fiddly to build but I've had worse.

Yeah I remember seeing you had one. I was pleasantly surprised with the rba, while it is fiddly the first build worked fine which is more than you can say for some or I just got lucky lol.

Back
Top Bottom