What's new

Lost Vape Thelema Mini Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20230302_114104556.jpg

Lost vape Thelema Mini Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-thelema-mini-kit.html

I got my usual code to bring the price down and it is LVTK, bringing it down to $25.19.

The Thelema Mini is a 1500mah internal battery mod with a 510 fitting so you can use your own tanks on it. It’s got enough room to take a 24mm tank as well. It goes up to 45w so you can do RDL as well as MTL on it if you wish. The kit I got came with the UB Lite pod tank, which takes 3.5ml of juice (obviously only 2ml in TPD land). You can, however, get a version that has the UB Lite tank instead of the pod tank so there are options there.

In the box you get:
1 Thelema Mini Pod Mod
1 UB Lite Pod Tank 3.5ml
1 UB Lite L7 Coil 0.3ohm
1 UB Lite L10 Coil 0.6ohm
1 Spare Parts Pack
1 RDL Drip Tip
1 MTL Drip Tip
1 Type-C Cable
2 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

PXL_20230313_114359112.jpg

Style wise it’s just a small version of the Thelema Solo. It has the same form and leather type fitting on the back of the mod. It is different though as it has a pretty basic black and white screen and only 2 buttons at the adjustment area due to the mod being VW only. The screen has a battery indicator, ohms indicator, the wattage showing and a puff duration above the puff counter. There is a USB Type C slot below the adjustment buttons so you can charge it standing up. Branding is subtle, with a small Lost Vape printed on one side and a Thelema Mini on the other. The mod is small enough to fit completely in your hand and it has the usual Lost Vape reassuring weight to it.

The tank I received is the pod tank version. It has a 510 base that the plastic tank fits into with magnets. The magnets on this one are really strong so the tank doesn’t fall out when dropped. Airflow is adjusted on the base and you have 2 small holes so you can MTL and another, larger slot next to them so you can RDL as well.

Function wise it’s not a complicated mod. It is a VW only mod, with no TC, voltage or bypass modes to it. You can re-set the puff counter by holding the fire button and the – button. You can also lock the adjustment buttons only by holding the fire button and the + button. The wattage goes up by 0.1w till you get to 20w then by 0.5 after that so it’s the same as the other Thelema Quest mods available and good for MTL users.

PXL_20230313_114404112.jpg

In use I started off with the 0.3 coil that’s included. It’s rated at between 32 and 45w. It’s a bit of a bugbear of mine that small mods come with coils that go to the max wattage but I have seen a few newer vapers asking if they can get a coil that goes to max so that is a consideration. Anyway, with the 0.3 you get a really good RDL draw, almost fully DL if I’m being honest and I do like it a lot. The coils are good, with good flavour and a good amount of vapour production. I ended up going through a few different wattage settings before settling on a, lower than the recommended, 25w. That was good enough for me and saves the battery a little as banging it out at 45w will deplete the battery quite quickly.

With the 0.6 coil it was a little more sedate and more of an RDL draw. I even managed to get a decent enough, albeit loose, MTL draw from it. On the pod tank the lowest setting is still a medium MTL draw for me but then I like a loose draw MTL anyway so I left it 2 holes open for my own tastes. The coil is rated at 16 to 21w and I found it best at about 18w personally. Again the flavour and vapour production is good and with the lower wattage the battery lasted a good bit longer.

I didn't have any leaking from the 2 included coils but you do get a bit of a condensation build up in the base so you do need to clean that on occasion.

There are other coils available for the tank and I imagine the 1.2 or 1.4ohm versions would much better suit MTL and give that bit of a tighter draw. It surprises me that they didn't include one of these with the kit so that you can check and see if it is indeed good for MTL as well but I suppose the 0.3 and 0.6 are new for this device so it makes sense for them that they'd include those.

Overall the Thelema Mini kit is a good starter kit, while also being a good mod for those who like MTL and want a no fuss mod to take out with them. It’d suit 22-24mm RTAs as well as the included pod tank or tank. The coils are good, as the Lost Vape ones usually are and flavour is good as well. I've been using this out and about and I do really quite like it.

PXL_20230313_114414884.jpg

Thanks @Gitchy enjoyed the review as you say it’s a shame a 1.2 coil isn’t included as the ones included might not suit some, I like to between 10 and 12 watts as I only MTL so would have to buy my preferred coils as well, does look a good kit though.

Great review! They should include a mtl coil as then it might be closer to a starter kit. I had high hopes for this one as I like the looks and prefer a small mtl mod, but I have to say that I am really disappointed it doesn’t have their excellent proprietary chip (Quest 2 I think) with tc.

Have a Hyperion dna, but I dream of the day when Lost Vape will make a small, stylish 18650 mod with their chip or a dna. But you can’t have everything…

Great review always mate! Shame they don't include a mtl coil on the kit but as always with lost vape looks a great kit

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom