What's new

MAG Mods Magnum genny

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
I reckoned, "So, why not?"

First thing I've purchased for over 18 months.

@u8myufo @Rob

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 07.52.15.png
Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 07.48.22.png

Do I need a new genny? Nope. Do I know anything about this genny? Nope.

Last one from the batch, apparently. I got a semi just from thinking about how it is a batch scale operation. IMO, it’s as ugly as sin compared to the classics of yore, but it’d suit one of the Pinoy mechs I’m still after replacing.

A week or so wait now, I guess. Looking forward to it.

Yes thats the one @Mawsley p.s let me no your thoughts please.
Yep, thanks for the heads-up, Matt.

I reckon my thoughts will be - "it's a genny".

Just looking, it has far too many o-rings for my liking. Gennys with that many inevitably have a problem getting the cap on and off if you don't keep them lubed - something I always forget to do. The one thing is that it'll be new, in an old way, and that's something that ticks boxes for me. Also, it isn't a version of a Billet Box or a pod - and that too is a massive plus.

Yep, thanks for the heads-up, Matt.

I reckon my thoughts will be - "it's a genny".

Just looking, it has far too many o-rings for my liking. Gennys with that many inevitably have a problem getting the cap on and off if you don't keep them lubed - something I always forget to do. The one thing is that it'll be new, in an old way, and that's something that ticks boxes for me. Also, it isn't a version of a Billet Box or a pod - and that too is a massive plus.
No. problemo. I sure you will get on with it great. have fun bud :)
One thing I will say is that they did not rush getting out for sale. They done it properly (hopefully) before it went on sale. I was watching them develop it for well, a long time :)

Nice Dave, whilst i`m familiar with wire rope to use as a wick what exactly do you have there for the coil? The close up shots will always make things look a tad bigger but I am guessing that there are not too many gennies out there that have the ability to hold that wire in place securely, or is that not the case?

Nice Dave, whilst i`m familiar with wire rope to use as a wick what exactly do you have there for the coil? The close up shots will always make things look a tad bigger but I am guessing that there are not too many gennies out there that have the ability to hold that wire in place securely, or is that not the case?
Not mine...I only popped in my order this morning.

I'll be using a normal mesh wick and 4 wraps of normal Kanthal round wire.

Funky coils and daft mesh folding techniques don't do anything for the end experience in any atty imo.

Actually if anyone knows what this rope wire is I'd be glad to hear. A friend of mine who builds with mesh bought a load of these funky wires from I think a Ukranian guy, this was years ago though.

Back
Top Bottom