What's new

MTL kit advice

JamesGrizz

Okay I made a forum last night which helped a lot.. now I have another issue I do apologise..

found out that my vape is a Mouth To Lung kit only… now I’ve been doing Direct to lung with my vape… is this okay? Or isn’t it okay? Ive tried looking up if you can DTL on a MTL vape but I can’t find anything… so I need advice… is it safe to direct lung on my Mouth to lung vape or not…

could someone please tel me what happens if i continue to do this as I’ve seen that apparently if you want to Direct lung you need to buy a Direct to lung kit…

Inhale however you like....

The main difference is the amount of airflow available through the device, but most of it is marketing. Back in the day MTL/DTL kits were the same, you just adjusted the airflow to your own tastes.

Inhale however you like....

The main difference is the amount of airflow available through the device, but most of it is marketing. Back in the day MTL/DTL kits were the same, you just adjusted the airflow to your own tastes.
I have tiny little air flow holes on either side but they are quite small bought the same thickness as as a very small Sewing needle… but some are saying doing a Direct lung hit isn’t good when using a MTL kit… so don’t know what to do

The more airy your kit is the easier it is to vape direct to lung because you don't have to suck as hard. If there is too little airflow the PG in your juice usually causes too much of a tickle which makes you cough if you try inhaling direct to lung but it's not harmful so you don't need to be concerned.

The more airy your kit is the easier it is to vape direct to lung because you don't have to suck as hard. If there is too little airflow the PG in your juice usually causes too much of a tickle which makes you cough if you try inhaling direct to lung but it's not harmful so you don't need to be concerned.
Could you explain this in another way please because I’m Dyslexic I have to use the microphone to do my texts.. these are the size of my air flows so you have an idea I have 2 airflow entrances on the tank one of either side… are they big enough to do Direct lung hits ?

Attachments

• B4E6FCD8-EF3C-4F41-93E7-EF8488C9D2ED.jpeg
    B4E6FCD8-EF3C-4F41-93E7-EF8488C9D2ED.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
On that tank you would need the airflow fully open or it would be too difficult trying to inhale straight into your lungs.

It won't harm you in any way. You just have to decide what feels more comfortable and it you're finding it too much of a struggle then just change to a MTL way of inhaling.

Do not despair @JamesGrizz ;)

What you are doing is what we refer to as Restricted Direct Lung (RDL) vaping. Traditionally, DL vaping is very, very loose, with high wattage and low ohms (under 0.2). MTL vaping is the opposite, with a tight draw, low wattages and higher ohms (over 0.7) with the draw first into the mouth and then into to the lungs. RDL is pretty much everything in between.

I think the majority of vapers here are rdl vapers. The thing is, there is no right way or wrong way to vape rdl. Some like a loose rdl, others a tighter, more restricted rdl. You are probably getting a relatively restricted direct lung draw with the tank you are using. There are many who prefer just that, so if you enjoy it, keep enjoying it. And again, in general, the less airflow you have, the lower the wattage you need.

Most dl and rdl vapers use 70/30 vg/pg with about 3mg nicotine. Mouth to Lung vapers often use 50/50 vg/pg juice with a higher nicotine content, and these are not recommended for dl or rdl vaping. By vaping these juices rdl or dl, you may get a bit too much nicotine and throat hit. However, there are vapers that also enjoy this, so to each their own :)

Do not despair @JamesGrizz ;)

What you are doing is what we refer to as Restricted Direct Lung (RDL) vaping. Traditionally, DL vaping is very, very loose, with high wattage and low ohms (under 0.2). MTL vaping is the opposite, with a tight draw, low wattages and higher ohms (over 0.7) with the draw first into the mouth and then into to the lungs. RDL is pretty much everything in between.

I think the majority of vapers here are rdl vapers. The thing is, there is no right way or wrong way to vape rdl. Some like a loose rdl, others a tighter, more restricted rdl. You are probably getting a relatively restricted direct lung draw with the tank you are using. There are many who prefer just that, so if you enjoy it, keep enjoying it. And again, in general, the less airflow you have, the lower the wattage you need.

Most dl and rdl vapers use 70/30 vg/pg with about 3mg nicotine. Mouth to Lung vapers often use 50/50 vg/pg juice with a higher nicotine content, and these are not recommended for dl or rdl vaping. By vaping these juices rdl or dl, you may get a bit too much nicotine and throat hit. However, there are vapers that also enjoy this, so to each their own :)
Thank you for the response when it comes to the strength of the vape juice I’m using is a 18ml and is a 60PG/40VG is this okay as I’ve been DL with it?

Thank you for the response when it comes to the strength of the vape juice I’m using is a 18ml and is a 60PG/40VG is this okay as I’ve been DL with it?
Again, let me stress that there’s no “right” answer. We’re all individuals, and my opinion is subjective. You’re not the only vaper I’ve heard of that uses 18mg with rdl, and they swear by it.

However, I do believe that most would say that’s a bit too much nicotine. 18mg is commonly assumed to be made for small pod systems that do not produce much vapor. At the same time, you have to be satisfied…it has to quench your cravings. If you feel comfortable doing it (and can afford it), try some 10mg nic salts, or even a 12mg freebase nicotine juice. My general understanding from observation, is that most rdl vapers use 3-6mg freebase shortfills. With the restricted dl you have, you may find that 6mg is where you end up.

Pick up some 10ml bottles with 10mg nic salts, 12mg freebase, and 6mg freebase. It’s a minimum investment, and you can try them and see how it goes. At the very least, you get to try some new juices ;)

in an attempt to clarify the differences between MTL, RDL and DL vaping.

MTL is where you inhale into your mouth, hold the vapour in your mouth and then draw the vapour into your lungs. normally MTL atomisers have very small air inlet holes, use small coils - normally anywhere between 0.6 and 1.6 ohms and are designed to run at relatively modest power settings and, because they only vaporise a small amount of juice tend to be vaped with fairly high nic juice - between 10 to 20mg is typical.

DL vaping is pretty much the opposite. DL tanks have large airflow inlets, use much larger coils, are designed to be run at much higher power levels and tend to be used with juice that has a small nicotine content - typically 3mg. These can be the 'cloud chucker' types of vape - and they absolutely swill juice. They are not suitable for vaping high nicotine content juice. With DL you inhale directly into your lungs. Some have described it as taking a huge bong hit - but I wouldn't because I don't know what that means.

RDL sits somewhere in the middle and would typically be vaped between 20 to 30 Watts, although you can go higher or lower than thar. The air inlets tend to be relatively small but not the pinhole tight type typical of an average MTL atomiser - these types of tanks can provide a very loose MTL if you inhale into your mouth and then into your lungs or in DL style - but in DL they will have a restrictive and fairly tight draw.

if you find your atomiser to be too tight - try using the loosest airflow setting/largest air inlet hole and don't be afraid of raising the power - or lowering it slightly if it gets too hot.

Everyone has different vape preferences and the problem with getting advice form others is they will generally advise on how to get a vape that they like. I like a very loose MTL and generally use a 1.5 to 2.0mm air inlet size between 18 to 22 watts with 20mg juice. 18 watts for the smaller air inlet and 22 for the larger one. Generally I only take 5 or 6 hits then leave it because the nic content is fairly high - but I get my nic fix pretty much immediately Many would consider this to be an RDL vape, and it can be vaped that way, but it works for me when I vape it in an MTL stylie. You could try this as I think you'll find the resulting vape similar to a stock MTL Mesh coil because of the looser airflow and the increased amount of vapour, but if you do be careful not to chain vape as 18 or 20mg is pretty strong. You may find this more to your liking - but you may think it's shit as like i mentioned before, we all have different preferences - but don't be scared to try out different airflow and power settings as a relatively minor adjustment can make a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom