What's new

My first coil, my first mech

AceMelon

Achiever
Dunno if this is in the right place but here's my story.
I bought a CLK1280 and Nautilus mini to quit smoking. No intentions of doing anything else except replace the stinkies.
Then I saw a VTR. Sooooo shiny I had to have one. Now I have two, the green and the stainless. But the Nautilus is a pita to fit on it so I got a Subtank Nano. I liked this combo. The clouds were fun to!!
Then......I saw a classified for a Stingray clone. It was so very pretty I thought I would have to have it as an ornament. Until I saw a group buy for a Freakshow Mini.
Unfortunately I popped a few coils on the Nano so I did a little research and I now recoil them instead.
This means I have some wire, and wick. And some decent Efest 18650 35A batteries.
So I thought I would have a go. Why not.
Please bare in mind this is my first deck build. It's not pretty. And I know the coils should be over the air holes and the could do with being a bit more uniform and and and.
My findings are....it's really fiddly but fun, it's very messy, it tastes gooooood!! And knock me down with a feather....it actually worked first time.
I did a single coil to see if it would work. 1.2ohm. Nice! So I made another. 0.6ohm. Still well inside the batteries capabilities.
The only bit I wasn't keen on. The vapour was a bit hot for me.
Other than that it's a great tinkering thing but I think I'm a tank and regulated mod person. I didn't relax with the mech at all. But I'm chuffed I could do it. I may have another go. But not tonight :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looka decent dude, that flavour mmmmm.

Its each to their own, i've i'm reaching for the mechs more than vw's now, its the ultimate chill tool.

Either way its there should the moos take you.
:thumbup:

Dunno if this is in the right place but here's my story.
I bought a CLK1280 and Nautilus mini to quit smoking. No intentions of doing anything else except replace the stinkies.
Then I saw a VTR. Sooooo shiny I had to have one. Now I have two, the green and the stainless. But the Nautilus is a pita to fit on it so I got a Subtank Nano. I liked this combo. The clouds were fun to!!
Then......I saw a classified for a Stingray clone. It was so very pretty I thought I would have to have it as an ornament. Until I saw a group buy for a Freakshow Mini.
Unfortunately I popped a few coils on the Nano so I did a little research and I now recoil them instead.
This means I have some wire, and wick. And some decent Efest 18650 35A batteries.
So I thought I would have a go. Why not.
Please bare in mind this is my first deck build. It's not pretty. And I know the coils should be over the air holes and the could do with being a bit more uniform and and and.
My findings are....it's really fiddly but fun, it's very messy, it tastes gooooood!! And knock me down with a feather....it actually worked first time.
I did a single coil to see if it would work. 1.2ohm. Nice! So I made another. 0.6ohm. Still well inside the batteries capabilities.
The only bit I wasn't keen on. The vapour was a bit hot for me.
Other than that it's a great tinkering thing but I think I'm a tank and regulated mod person. I didn't relax with the mech at all. But I'm chuffed I could do it. I may have another go. But not tonight :)
View attachment 47472
View attachment 47473
View attachment 47474

Good stuff!

Just to make you aware the 35a rating of your batteries is the pulse rating, the continuous is actually 20a, which is what you should work to when considering if your "safe" :)

Back
Top Bottom