What's new

My review of the IPV8 from P4U.

conanthewarrior

Achiever
So, Pioneer4you have another mod out, the IPV8. I really liked the form factor of the IPV6X, but due to a few known issues I held off from that one, and recently was sent an IPV8 courtesy of Gearbest for review.

First off, this mod is going in the direction of a smaller form factor for dual 18650’s, while still offering a high power output- a claimed maximum of 230W, although this is very optimistic for just two 18650’s, but it will definitely please all but the most demanding power user.

It is very similar in size to the SMOK Alien, and if you have not used one of the smaller style dual 18650 mods you will be very surprised how they have fit everything in such a small package.

It feels very nice in hand, with a slightly textured finish around the top, left side and bottom of the mod, a brushed style finish in the centre of the mod, and finally a leather panel trim on the right side of the mod. I quite like this myself, although depending on your taste you may prefer to go for the all black version where it is not as noticeable.

The buttons have a nice feel to them, with the fire button giving a tactile click with each press, while the Up/Down buttons feel similar to a device using a Evolv board, as in you can feel you have pressed them but it is more of a soft feeling instead of a click.

The batteries load into the mod from the bottom, with a door that you open by sliding to the side then swinging open.
I did notice that when the door is in the open position, it does have side to side play, so I would be gentle when replacing batteries- although as long as you do not drop the mod with the door open onto a hard surface I do not see it causing any problems.

The 510 connection seems solid, is spring loaded and has a lot of travel, which is great news given the difference in length of 510’s from different manufacturers. Due to the genuine spring loading of the pin, I see no issues cropping up as with mods made by another well known manufacturer when used with longer 510’s.

The mod fires down to 0.15 in power mode, and all the way down to 0.05 in TC mode, with a big 45A output limit. This gives you a opportunity to try all sorts of builds without worrying if the mod will be able to support it, or fire it to a suitable power level.
Upon pressing the fire button, firing is immediate- so fast in fact that I find you hear the mod fire each time you press the button to lock the mod!

For those of you interested in the IPV/Yihi SX pure tanks, this mod has full support for them.

TC mode works as expected from a board from Yihi, which is fantastically. Ni200 and Ti work perfectly, and SS works well too, although for the most accurate performance when using SS you will want to use the custom TCR settings.
It is possible to nearly completely dry a wick out without getting a dry hit, and once the wick is dry you get a message on screen telling you ‘Dry coil, no Liquid’, which is a nice touch if you are a bit forgetful.

Here is an image of mine, upon first arrival I tested it in standard power mode with a Haze dripper tank-
ezExtZ4.jpg

These are the tech specs for anyone that is interested-
Output power- 10-230W
Output Joules-10-120J
Standard firing resistance- 0.15-3.0 Ohms.
TC mode resistance- 0.05-1.5 Ohms.
TCR settings- 0.00050-0.00700
Output voltage-1-7V (Actually seems to be around 7.3V in real world use)
Input voltage-6.4-9.0V
Output current-1-45A
Temp limit- 100-300C/212-572F.

For the money, I think this is a great mod, that feels a lot more high end than its price tag. If you plan on vaping anywhere from 10-120W then I highly recommend this, also if you want to delve into TC this mod will offer you what I feel is the best you will get in this price range. If you want to vape higher wattage wise, you can but remember battery life will not be the best and to make sure you have some batteries that are safe!

It is currently available for just £36! A mod that offered all this just say a year ago for £36 would of been unimaginable.

Here is the mod in the Silver and brown I got
http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_567225.html?wid=21
and here in black-
http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_567224.html?wid=21

Back
Top Bottom