What's new

New mod but rather complocated

papabearlowe

Hi..

New to here so be patient haha

I've been vaping for a few month now after knocking the cancer sticks on the head and I'd never look back.

Started out with a kangertech subox mini with the pre built coils but soon got bored and started building 0.8/1.0 coils with the help of the local vape shop

Then I upgraded my tank to a tfv4 from smok and it was great. Still built my own deck... Around 0.7 and 0.9.

Decided to treat myself to a smok x cube 2 and this is where I have run into problems.. Temp controlled vaping? Watt control vaping... Which is better and how do I transfer. I currently use 28gage Kental on a 10 wrap build to give me 0.8ohms I need some advice on if I should stay with the normal watt vaping with Kental, but pre built quad coils or move on to temperature vaping with titanium coils ( pre or own build.)

Plus has anybody got a x cube 2 to and give me some advice on vaping with this item

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an xcube 2, what you struggling with I can probably help, the menu systems are bit of a ball ache

Hi mate. I have had EVERY issue known to man with the Xcube 2, and fixed each one.

It may seem confusing at first, but trust me, it isn't.

Are you happy using standard vaping? I was for a long time, so just stick to power mode if you want.

If you want to try TC, You need to activate it first in the SMOK BEC app for android or other smartphone.

Once that is done-you can build your own coils with NI200, Titanium or stainless steel.

I will not lie to you, the Xcube 2 doesn't do the smoothest temp control, but it still gets a lot of use from me in TC mode.

If you select min, that is around 30 watts, soft is around 40 W, regular is around 50 watts, hard is around 60, and max is around 70W untill TC kicks in.

In all honesty though, I would upgrade the Xcube to the newest firmware. A guide can be found on Smoks website, google xcube 2 update and it should be the first result.

Follow it through-and you now have a 180W Xcube 2, with better TC and SS support.

But, if you are happy with using standard vaping, there is no need to change, and you can fully enjoy the Xcube in power mode :).

If you need any help, PM me and I will do my utmost best to help you. Even if you brick your device, don't worry, I have the software to unbrick it. (It is very unlikely you will brick it, 99.9% sure the upgrade will go fine, but if it doesn't, let me know and I will send you the software and guide you through the steps to get it working properly again)

Have fun with your Xcube 2! I think its a great mod, I own 2 DNA200's, ok its not that level but for the price I think it is a fantastic mod and it gets just as much use as them.

Last edited:
Hi..

New to here so be patient haha

I've been vaping for a few month now after knocking the cancer sticks on the head and I'd never look back.

Started out with a kangertech subox mini with the pre built coils but soon got bored and started building 0.8/1.0 coils with the help of the local vape shop

Then I upgraded my tank to a tfv4 from smok and it was great. Still built my own deck... Around 0.7 and 0.9.

Decided to treat myself to a smok x cube 2 and this is where I have run into problems.. Temp controlled vaping? Watt control vaping... Which is better and how do I transfer. I currently use 28gage Kental on a 10 wrap build to give me 0.8ohms I need some advice on if I should stay with the normal watt vaping with Kental, but pre built quad coils or move on to temperature vaping with titanium coils ( pre or own build.)

Plus has anybody got a x cube 2 to and give me some advice on vaping with this item

Thanks
Sorry I forgot to quote you, check my above post and PM me if you have questions. It is completely up to you if you want to try TC BTW, there is nothing wrong with vaping with kanthal and using it as a standard watt box, in fact it works a lot better that way if I am honest.

Thanks...
Sorry I forgot to quote you, check my above post and PM me if you have questions. It is completely up to you if you want to try TC BTW, there is nothing wrong with vaping with kanthal and using it as a standard watt box, in fact it works a lot better that way if I am honest.

Back
Top Bottom