What's new

New to sub ohmming and having issues!!!

fatstu

Postman
So here is the story, I’ve been vaping for almost 8 months and in the last couple I’ve been building my own coils. As I was using the MVP 20w I had to vape above 1ohm, so sub ohm vaping wasn’t an option.

However I purchased the I stick 50w Freakshow mini and some 26awg and was ready to plunge into the depths of sub ohmming. Now due to an error on my part I had the Wire sent to the wrong address, never mind I ‘ll twist the 30 awg I currently have. 0.4 ohm dual coil and at 40w everything was honestly rather lovely.

I then got my hands on the 26 awg, and put in an 0.8ohm build and was very underwhelmed. Not the same flavour and dry hits despite the cotton being saturated even after I turned the wattage down to 25w, just wasn’t the same.

I then had the lightbulb moment of building the 0.4 dual coil build with the 26 awg. Now I have the hottest vape ever and dry hits on the 2nd or 3rd vape after fully saturating the cotton. The reason for this is genuine dry hits as the cotton is dry. This is down at 30w or 3.5v. the twisted build vaped well at 50w or 4.4v.

What have I done wrong here? I have twisted more 30awg before I went to bed and I am back vaping on my 1.1 build on my plume veil (the draw time is a pain but otherwise a decent build) until such time as I figure out where I have gone wrong. Considering putting the twisted back in.

You got a free half hour or so over the weekend? I'll either pop round or meet you somewhere in Leith and we can see whats what...:D

I'm away tomorrow afternoon, but back early evening. I am going back out at 11pm to watch the boxing so I'm writing off sunday(fight starts at 5am)

Would tea time on Saturday be a possibility as i need to but bevvie from tesco anyway? Foot of the walk? or do wotherspoon not like vapors?, i've never had a problem in the persevere.

I'm away tomorrow afternoon, but back early evening. I am going back out at 11pm to watch the boxing so I'm writing off sunday(fight starts at 5am)

Would tea time on Saturday be a possibility as i need to but bevvie from tesco anyway? Foot of the walk? or do wotherspoon not like vapors?, i've never had a problem in the persevere.

Persevere is fine. Pick a time then and I'll take some tool kit with me and we'll try get you sorted.

I hope the Mayweather gets a good doing.....

Persevere is fine. Pick a time then and I'll take some tool kit with me and we'll try get you sorted.

I hope the Mayweather gets a good doing.....

PM yer phone number and I'll get back to you, I'm thinking 4ish on my way back from the football might be an idea. if thats ok. saves me going home first.

And whilst i'd love to go to glasgow, sleep would probably prevent such activity.

Back
Top Bottom