What's new

NNA Challenge Health and Social Care Committee

Toby iVapour

Vendor
The New Nicotine Alliance challenge the Health and Social Care Committee in the form of a letter of complaint about their proceedings -
https://nnalliance.org/nnanews/news/390-nna-writes-to-the-health-and-social-care-committee
We joined the livestream on Parliament TV and were extremely disappointed that, during the course of the session, there were many instances of incorrect statements, myths, mistaken beliefs and even simple falsehoods expressed by MPs and panellists. We hope you will take on board our observations, set out below, to correct the record on this subject.
They then go on to criticise the Committee's hearings in the following areas -
Addictiveness of vaping compared to smoking
Relative risk of vaping compared to smoking
The no long term data gambit
Popcorn lung
Vaping is just ‘Big Tobacco’ creating addicts
Lack of adherence to youth vaping
Spontaneous vaping
Vaping is unsafe because there are none currently prescribed
No-one started smoking between 2007 and 2022
Adult smokers dismissed
The importance of vaping flavour

All-in-all, an excellent letter of critique (with citations) - well done the NNA!

great read.

popcorn fookin lung. what planet are these morons living on.

popcorn fookin lung. what planet are these morons living on.

We had a regular customer in the other day, and I heard her daughter (I'm gonna guess aged about 10-12) say to her Mum that vaping causes popcorn lung...
I said - "Where did you hear that?"
"At school, Mr Jenkins told us. He showed us a video about vaping, and it said it on that as well."
I put them right about it, and told them that the flavouring ingredient diacetyl (and other diketones) that are connected to popcorn lung are banned from e-liquid that we sell, and has been fully tested for emissions and toxicology, and passed by the MHRA. There have only been 8 people known to have contracted popcorn lung, and they had been working subjected to extremely high levels of diacetyl for many years. And even if there is liquid with it in, diacetyl is variously estimated to be 100 to 750 times more prevalent in combustible tobacco.
I said if she likes, she can ask the teacher to contact me, and I will provide links etc.

I have since added a link on our FAQ page quoting the Cancer Research UK page -
  • E-cigarettes don’t cause the lung condition known as popcorn lung
  • There have been no confirmed cases of popcorn lung reported in people who use e-cigarettes

We had a regular customer in the other day, and I heard her daughter (I'm gonna guess aged about 10-12) say to her Mum that vaping causes popcorn lung...
I said - "Where did you hear that?"
"At school, Mr Jenkins told us. He showed us a video about vaping, and it said it on that as well."
I put them right about it, and told them that the flavouring ingredient diacetyl (and other diketones) that are connected to popcorn lung are banned from e-liquid that we sell, and has been fully tested for emissions and toxicology, and passed by the MHRA. There have only been 8 people known to have contracted popcorn lung, and they had been working subjected to extremely high levels of diacetyl for many years. And even if there is liquid with it in, diacetyl is variously estimated to be 100 to 750 times more prevalent in combustible tobacco.
I said if she likes, she can ask the teacher to contact me, and I will provide links etc.

I have since added a link on our FAQ page quoting the Cancer Research UK page -
  • E-cigarettes don’t cause the lung condition known as popcorn lung
  • There have been no confirmed cases of popcorn lung reported in people who use e-cigarettes
sadly like any fake or misleading incorrect news, once its on the internet it stays there for the new unsuspecting public to believe everything they read. at least 2-3 times a year we get new vapers on here asking the exact same question.

Its just a shame that posts on the net especially some news channels cant be retracted and removed like they do in the medical journals like glantz latest fiasco a few years back.

I imagine the NNA letter will end up in the said committee's round filing cabinet as it seems they have their own agenda and it isn't one based on evidence or facts.

I imagine the NNA letter will end up in the said committee's round filing cabinet as it seems they have their own agenda and it isn't one based on evidence or facts.

This is what concerns me...

I would prefer politicians (& their committees) lie about breaking Covid rules till the cows come home, over lying about important health matters that could affect millions of people's lives...

Last edited:
More lying about vapes in Parliament -
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news/politics-campaigns/2023-07-10_ministers-attack-vaping.html

Dr Caroline Johnson (who was on the Health and Social Care Committee session), a MP who looks like she could well be contender of biggest thorn in the side of vaping this year...
The idea that e-cigarettes are 95% safer than smoking was quantified by Public Health England. Members will no doubt have heard the figure before, because the vaping lobby never tires of repeating it, but if we look into its origins, its veracity seems to suddenly disappear,” she claimed.
It is complete, unmitigated nonsense.
A plethora of evidence has emerged about the negative effects of these novel and fast-evolving devices,” she lied, ignoring that such studies have been largely debunked upon publication and some retracted by their publishers.
The ignorant wittering continued: “As we delve deeper into the topic, it becomes evident that a growing body of evidence links vaping to severe complications. Chronic bronchitis, emphysema, increased blood pressure and significantly worse physical performance are just some of the adverse effects associated with vaping that scientists have found.”
The above being just a sample of many statements of pure fiction...
In fact, the amount of untruths spouted by this woman make me wonder if she is actually capable of saying anything that actually resembles the truth?

I had someone say to me vaping caused popcorn lung but he called it "Poppycorn Lung" I asked him if he read the sun or mirror or sport newspapers which he said he did... so there you go "world war two bomber crashed on the moon due to poppycorn lung pilots"

these people actually reproduce and have offspring....we are doomed

Back
Top Bottom