What's new

OXVA XLim Go + OX Passion e-liquid

red5

Achiever
OXVA XLim Go kit review by Antony Lord

1719598429652.jpeg

It’s been quite a while since OXVA asked me to do a review so I was pleasantly surprised a few weeks ago when they got in touch and asked if I’d be interested in trying out their latest entry level starter kit, the XLim Go, along with their new OX Passion e-liquid range.

Specifications:
  • 113.7 x 25.8 x 14.5 mm / 42 grams
  • Output 5~30 Watts
  • Internal 1000 mAh battery / 1 Amp charging via USB-C
  • Side mounted airflow control
  • 2ml side fill XLim pod (0.8 ohm included)
1719598475744.jpeg

As this is an entry level kit the OXVA XLim Go comes in simple packaging with a single 0.8 ohm XLim Pod, you do get a choice of eight colours though and I was sent the “light brown” version for testing. To give you an idea of how entry level this has been pitched I’ve seen it offered at TECC for just £11.99 including a free 10ml e-liquid so this is clearly priced to hopefully tempt people away from the dreaded disposables! (Don’t forget your POTV10 discount code if ordering from TECC by the way)
1719598569416.jpeg

The XLim Go follows the tried and tested flattened stick design but features an artificial leather finish on the front and back surfaces which wraps neatly round the sides and gently rounded base thanks to OXVA’s new skin-pasting technique. The “leather” has a rather pleasant embossed finish and this coupled with its feather light 42 gram plastic chassis makes this comfortable to use and to slip into any pocket without weighing you down.
1719598596420.jpeg

Down one of the sides you’ll find a fully adjustable airflow control that can go from almost completely closed right up to a fairly airy restricted direct lung hit. The small control knob is slightly recessed from the edge with a decent amount of tension so you shouldn’t have any issues with accidentally adjusting the airflow.

The XLim Go is a purely draw activated system so there are no complicated buttons or menus to master making it ideal for beginners to use. The autodraw systems on these types of kit can be make or break from a usability standpoint and I’m happy to report that the XLim Go has been totally reliable operating without a single hiccup.
1719598627102.jpeg

The XLim Go sports a 1000 mAh internal battery which is quite an achievement given how lightweight this is and this is charged via the usb-c port on the opposite side to the airflow control. In my charge test this hit a peak charge rate of 1.07 Amps with a final recorded capacity of 991 mAh in 1 hour and 5 minutes which is pretty respectable.
1719598663929.jpeg

Whilst charging the large X logo on the front will light up, the same thing also happens whenever you take a puff, and the colours changes to give you an approximate level of charge available (Green > 60%, Blue > 20%, Red < 20%). That 1000 mAh capacity meant that I was easily able to get more than a day's use out of the XLim Go even when using this as my only device for the day and the performance was consistent all the way down to zero percent as well.
1719598682388.jpeg

Finally up top we have the recess for the included 0.8 ohm XLim Pod along with the autodraw sensor and airflow. The pod is held firmly in place with magnets and although there is a little play present you shouldn’t have any worries about the pod going missing.
1719598875100.jpeg

The XLim Go is compatible with the full range of XLim Pods which have their resistance and suggested wattage range clearly marked on the base. These have a 2ml capacity along with a convenient side mounted fill port which means you don’t have to remove the pod to fill. The slimline mouthpiece is very comfortable to use and the lightly tinted PCTG pods make it easy to see your e-liquid levels as well.
1719598706521.jpeg

One of the reasons why I decided to take a look at the XLim Go is that OXVA tend to use FeCrAl (kanthal) coils and as they were thoughtful enough to send a few extras in the package I was able to disassemble one and confirm that this is the case here. This is especially important if you have nickel sensitivity issues like myself so I can recommend these to anybody.

Weirdly all the pods they sent were the 0.8 ohm variety so I can only tell you how that performs as it’s been quite a while since I used any of the other pods, the 0.8 ohm pod is a great performer though with a slightly loose “modern” mouth to lung draw that should be familiar to anyone coming off the disposables. If you find this a bit too airy for your liking then the 1.2 ohm pod would probably be the ideal choice instead.
1719598959334.jpeg

OXVA also insisted on sending a sample of their latest OX Passion e-liquids along with the XLim Go despite me telling them I most likely wouldn’t be able to use them as I have issues with nic-salts. There are actually several different types of nic salts available and after looking at the labels I could see that these were clearly labeled as using Nicotine Benzote salts which is something that isn’t always that clearly marked on bottles, with this in mind I decided to give at least one of them a go to see how I got on…
1719598986177.jpeg

Whilst the flavour was spot on, if somewhat over sweetened like many disposable kits, I found that this made me cough and I had to close the airflow almost down to nothing before I could comfortably use this despite the fact that I normally vape 12mg freebase nicotine in these setups and this was only 10mg! I suspected that the coughing is more down to a rather strong kick of cooling agent rather than the nic salts though (all the flavours seem to have quite a strong cooling element according to the packaging) so I decided to give this a fair shot over the next 24 hours.

Once I got used to that cooling kick I started to enjoy myself and I can see why disposables have become so popular so for anyone coming off of those the OX Passion e-liquids are definitely worth seeking out and giving a try. I was surprised to find that I didn’t experience any of the issues that I’ve previously had with nic salts before (swollen tongue and mouth ulcers) so it turns out I can in fact use nic salts, or a least Nicotine Benzote salts, so I just have to be careful and read the labels. Importantly performance was just as good with my usual freebase e-liquids as well.

Pros:
  • Budget price point
  • Lightweight
  • compatible with full range of XLim pods
Cons:
  • None really, especially at the price point

Conclusion:

The OXVA XLim Go is a cracking piece of kit for the price: great battery life, simple and reliable autodraw activation, and flavourful pods all add up to a great user experience. The OX Passion e-liquids were a pleasant surprise as well and coupled with the XLim Go give a similar vape to a disposable kit.

I highly recommended both the XLim Go and the OX Passion e-liquid range so if you’re currently hooked on the disposables do yourself a favour and spend the extra couple of pounds next time, get yourself this more environmentally friendly device which will last you a lot longer and turn out to be much cheaper in the long run.
1719599147426.jpeg

Many thanks to OXVA for sending the XLim Go kit and the OX Passion e-liquid range over for review.

The design intent is pretty visible here: drag activated, no overcomplicated buttons/settings, all is automatic so 9y.o. vapers will have no problems using it.
Excellent job by OXVA.
What can go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom