What's new

Review P4U IPV8

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes today i am going to review the IPV8 by Pioneer 4 u. This was sent to me for review by @gearbest.com so first thing as always is say a big thank you to Zarya and Justin from Gearbest for sending the IPV8 out to me for this review.

So whats in the box.

1 x IPV Pioneer4you IPV8 230W TC Box Mod, 1 x Micro USB Cable, 1 x English User Manual, a warranty card and a QC card.

Stats

Main Features:
Powered by YiHi SX330 - F8 chip
Wattage: 10 - 230W
Output joule: 10 - 120J
Output voltage: 1 - 7V
TC range: 100 - 300 Deg.C / 212 - 572 Deg.F
Resistance: 0.15 - 3 ohm
Using 2pcs 18650 batteries ( not included )
Temperature control with SX Pure / SS304 / Ni200 / Ti wire
Temperature control with all suitable kinds of wire by TCR setting
Multiple protection
High input voltage warning
Visual operating system
Material: zinc alloy
510 thread
Magnetic cover

Specification
Product Details

Brand: IPV
Type: Electronic Cigarettes Accessories
Accessories type: MOD
Model: Pioneer4you IPV8 230W
Material: Zinc Alloy
APV Mod Wattage Range: Over 200W
APV Mod Wattage: 230W
Adjustable voltage range: 1.0 - 7.0V
Temperature Control Range: 100 - 300 Deg.C / 212 - 572 Deg.F
Battery Form Factor: 18650
Battery Quantity: 2pcs ( not included )
Battery Cover Type: Magnetic
Dimension and Weight

Product weight: 0.190 kg
Package weight: 0.290 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 9.30 x 5.20 x 3.10 cm / 3.66 x 2.05 x 1.22 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 12.00 x 6.40 x 5.80 cm / 4.72 x 2.52 x 2.28 inches

Info and my thoughts.

The IPV Pioneer4you IPV8 230W TC Box Mod is powered by YiHi SX330 - F8 chip with Power mode and Joule mode. There are multiple protections such as low voltage protection, temperature overheat protection, reverse battery protection and output short circuit protection, which makes your vapor experience safer. Besides, the device also features SX Pure in the Joule mode. For me Yihi chips are one of the 2 best chips around.

The device is made from Zinc alloy and has settings for wattage and Temp control with Ni200, Ti01 and SS316 as well as one manual tcr space for you to use with other wires. The ss316 is a little off in my opinion so using it at higher temp or a slightly different tcr will be better.
5 clicks turns on the device and another 5 clicks gets you into the menu. where you scroll through buy pressing the fire button once to change to the next setting then alter with the up down buttons, wattage and Joules can be set altered on the main screenl.
3 presses of the fire button will lock the IPV8, which is good to see Yihi have added this to the SX330 chip.
Up and down Buttons press both together to set your ohm's and it locks in.
On the main screen it displays Joules or wattage depending on which setting your using wattage or temp control.
Voltage ohms and puff counter and battery meter.

The device is described as a 230 watt capable device the truth is its about 223 watts with fresh batteries. The device claims to have balance charging this is not entirely true and it won't allow you to completely charge the batteries. I would always recommend charging batteries in a dedicated charger anyway.
The IPV8 is very nice to hold its really small and compact for a duel 18650 mod. The batteries seem to last rather well infact i would say definately longer than in other duel battery mods using the same settings.

The battery door on this device is better than on the IPV6 i have not had it come open when putting the mod down, the IPV6x does this way to often so i am glad P4U have made an improvement with that.
The IPV8 has 3 different colour schemes Mine is the one on the right Black and red.
145_thumb_P_1480386543661.jpg

The finish is nice with a leather style panel which gives a much better grip than the previous IPV6x and IPV400 which i found the 6X to be a bit slippery. The panel though is slightly out of sync and one edge sticks up a little on my device. Theres no battery or button rattle and the buttons are a little bigger than on the other IPV's 6x and 400.
the usb port is above the leather style panel which sadly yet again is for Charging only. Why P4U keep making devices with different firmware on the SX330 chip i can't understand. this maybe down to Yihi though. All they had to do is make 1 device that was firmware upgradeable. The screen is nice and bright though which is going to be a plus in sunny weather.
Another thing that is fixed on the IPV8 is there is now reverse polarity safety which means if you put your batteries in the wrong way it won't fire at full wattage without even pressing the button unllike the IPV6x and 400

IPV8 will take a 25mm atomizer unlike the IPV6x which was capable of 28.5mm, this is because the IPV8 has a slanted edge round the top of the device unlike the straight edge on the IPV6x. The 510 connector is a lot better in my opinion as well. It is a solid device and doesn't feel like a cheap bit of kit.

Pro's

1. pocket friendly
2. better 510 Than 6x and 400
3. ss315 tcr installed
4. fires instantly
5. Yihi Chipset
6. Battery seems to last longer than other devices
7. improved battery door
8. reverse polarity safety and the ability to lock the device
9. easy to use and adjust

Cons.

1. Not firmware upgradeable again.
2. the balance charge doesn't work as it should
3. SS316 tcr is slightly out.
4. The leather style panel is not quite flush.

Conclusion.

I really like this mod, i love the size the feel of it and i also think it is a workhorse of a mod despite the odd con. it looks nice the screen is well lit .
The chipset is the same as the IPV6x but has some improvements to the firmware.
Having a Yihi chipset is always good in my opinion. For the price of the mod i think its decent value compared to other duel battery mods around the same price.
The battery life seems to be much better than others i tend to find i get over a days use per battery charge and i do vape a lot.
The firmware issue or being non updatable is something That should be resolved but it is not that bad an issue as you can sort the ss tcr and as mentioned batteries should always be charged externally.
For me i will continue to use the IPV8 and would recommend it to others looking for a decent mod at a good priceIf i hadn't been sent one for review i would still have purchased one and been happy with it .
images
images
images
pics are from google images

Back
Top Bottom