What's new

Review Review of Kangertech Subox Mini Starter Kit From Gearbest.com

myvapingreviews

Postman
%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

Gearbest.com sent out this Kangertech Subox mini starter kit free of for the purpose of this review, which I have been using for the last two weeks as my out and about Vape.

Gearbest.com sells a wide selection of Vape gear, from mods, tanks, to cotton and kanthal.

Presentation.
As with all Kangertech products the Subox Mini Starter Kit, comes very well packaged in its presentation box, the box has a black sleeve that holds the box securely closed shut.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

Once you slide the cardboard sleeve off, you can open the box lid at the side which is held shut by a small magnet.

On the inside of the lid, it lists the contents of the kit, and general safety information.

The top layer of the box holds the kbox mini and sub tank mini, securely held in a cut out foam bed, once this layer is removed, it reveals the rest of the kit, all securely laid out in foam cut outs.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

The kit includes:

1 x Kbox Mini
1 x Subtank Mini
1 x OCC 0.5 Sub ohm head
1 x OCC 1.5 ohm head
1 x RBA Mini Plus base
2 x Ready made RBA Coils
2 x RBA deck screws
2 x RBA cover screws
1 x Manual, battery Stickers.
1 x Screw driver
1 x Japanese Cotton Sheet.
1 x White USB Charging cable.

Kangertech seem to always put together a very complete package on every one of there kits that they produce, and they haven't let you down with this one, as you can see.

The only thing that the kit doesn't include is an 18650 battery, and a plug to plug the USB cable into. It is recommended on the gearbest website that the battery cell output should be above 20A.

Kbox Features & Spec
Model Name : Kbox
Manufacturer: Kangertech
Main Material : Zinc Alloy
Type : VW/VV Mini Box Mod
Atomiser Connection: Brass Spring Loaded 510
Display : OLED
Charging : Mirco USB (DC 5v at 1A
Battery Cover : Magnetic
Output voltage :
Output Wattage: 7 to 50w
Ohms Range: 0.3ohms to 1.6ohms (above 1.6ohm output cannot reach 50w)
Battery Size: 18650 Flat top over 20A
Battery Contacts : Brass Sprung loaded
Screen : OLED
Weight : 110g (excluding Battery)
Size (mm) : 82 x 39 x 22

Subtank mini Features & Specs
Diameter : 22mm
Height : 48mm
Weight : 66.5g
Connector : 510
Tank : Glass
AFC : Dual 3 position adjustable Slots
Capacity : 4.5ml
Drip Tip : Delrin 510

The Subox Mini Starter kit comes in a choice of two colours

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

Gearbest.com kindly supplied me with a white kit.

Built in safety
The Subox mini starter kit comes with a great level of built in protection to keep new and old vapours safe.

Short Circuit Protection - the device will not fire and display 0.0ohms.
Reverse Battery Protection - will protect your device should you insert the battery the wrong way round.
Over Heat Protection - will protect the PCB from over heating and will shut off the device and display "Temp High".
Cell Capacity Protection - when the battery level gets to low it will prevent the device firing and the battery bar will flash.
Overtime Usage Protection - the device will fire for a maximum of 10 seconds then will cut out and display "10s Over"

Once you have installed the 18650 battery, and filled up with your chosen juice, the Subox Mini is ready to Vape. For the purpose of this review, we will look at each part of the device and tank in detail, and then go onto look at the RBA section, and put a build on it.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

Kbox Body
The Kbox body and battery cover is manufactured out of Zinc Alloy, and then seems to be powder coated to a really nice finish.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

The body is rounded on both edges to give it a great feel in the hand. The flat bottom of the device has as a small thumb grove machined into it, to allow you to easily remove the battery cover.

Continue Full Review>>>>

Nice review, but I think I found a couple of errors in it. Namely:

The 510 connector, features a small coloured R-ring, to securely hold the drip tip in place.

I'm guessing you mean O-ring.

and
They have also resigned Sub Ohm coil replacing the previous vertical coils with horizontal coils

Shouldn't this be the other way around?

Don't mean to be cheeky here, just trying to help.

Good review.

I see that you state that the powder-coated finish seems really good but I've read a number of reports of flaking and chipping within a few days of ownership, of the whote versions. So be interested to hear if you see any problems like this further down the line.

Shouldn't this be the other way around?

Yes agree, they've changed from horizontal coils, to vertical.

Back
Top Bottom