What's new

Review of The U-Box Twin 18500-P VV

D-Alien

Vendor
Well its been a while since i last wrote a review but here goes.

here is a linky to the initial advert - http://ukvapers.org/Thread-U-Box-Twin-18500-P-VV?pid=97883#pid97883

The advert says that The U-Box Twin is:

1/ "a Twin 18500-P VV is a Variable Voltage mod running off two 18500 1400 mAh Li-Ion batteries with added protection boards, parallel wired to extend the battery life."

2/ "a variable voltage mod with a range from 3.6 volts up to 6 volts depending on the current drain the atomiser puts on the batteries but will happily work from 3.6 to 5 volts on a standard resistance atomiser."

3/ "The U-Box Twin 18500-P VV is a USB charged mod allowing you to charge it anywhere you have access to a 5 volt USB supply. Charge when at your PC or via a USB mains adapter (supplied) or even charge in your car via a car USB charging adapter (NOT supplied)."

4/ "The U-Box Twin 18500-P VV can also be used to charge external USB devices like mobile phones and MP3 players with a 5 volt 1 amp output, although I would only recommend this in emergencies as you could be left without anything to vape on which as I see it would be more of an emergency than not having my mobile. You can also charge other vaping batteries like the ego with the correct lead."

Now i dont suppose i could be classed as a Vaping Veteran, but after some months of vaping and trying a couple of other devices i thought it would be interesting for fellow vapers to read my thoughts about this device..

The device comes well packaged in a nice sturdy plain cardboard box with plenty of bubble wrap around the device to protect it whilst in transit, in the box there was also a good length charging lead (ideal for pass-through vaping) and a Mains
Charger, also well wrapped for protection.

Also in the box was an introductory document with guidance on how to start using the device and information about the return to base warranty for any issues with free return postage. the standard warranty is 12 months including the batterys.

My device came ready to go so it was a simple matter of screwing on a tank to get vaping :-) (this is how all devices should be)

This mod consists of a nice shaped box measuring 93.5 x 70 x 24 ish mm with nicely rounded sides and good fitting top and bottom, with a classy shiney ring around the top and bottom outside edgesNICE: I love the feel of this mod, it sits well in my hand with the button in the perfect place for me (a primarily right handed vaper) and whilst im vaping i can see exactly what voltace im getting, if im vaping with my left hand the button falls into just the right place for easy vaping. i guess what i like apart from the overall comfortable feel of this device
is the button, unlike the lavatube or the Epower i use where you have to fiddle the tube around to get to the button, i pick this device up and the button is there.

This mod is more than just a vaping device, with the USB out i can, if i wish charge other devices, such as my Blackberry, MP3 Player or even my Elite (the introductory note does say that this device may not fully charge a device plugged in such as a mobile phone but will give enough for an emergency call, probably to your local juice parlour)

Charging the device is a simple matter using the supplied 3 pin (UK 5.2v 500mA) charging plug and (2m USB 2.0 A Male to mini) lead, the device can also be charged from your PC, or if you have a suitable device it can be charged by the cigarette lighter socket in the car.

The voltage is easily changed with the use of a potentiometer (or a rotary knob) on the top of the device and the voltage display (a nicely fitted 3 segment display) is positioned right next to this control knob so you can view the voltage as you are vaping.

The voltage goes from 3.6 to 6 volts without my vivi on and 3.61 to 5 volts with the vivi on it but i rarely find the need for any more than 5 volts as i tend to prefer vaping at the lower end of the spectrum.

At the bottom of the unit you have 2 USB sockets 4 Blue LED's and a switch, the sockets are DC in for charging the device and a USB out for charging (if you wish) of other devices, the push button switch will light the LED's providing power to the USB output and also indicate the status of the batterys - These 4 LED's also make a handy emergency torch, ideal for trying to find the elusive keyhole when you are parked up in the darkest places in the country :-)

Using the same tank on the U-Box Twin and then on the Lavatube i get the same ammount of throathit, vapor and taste.

I wont say anymore about Throathit, flavour and taste, because there are so many variables involved, battery status, Coil winding and resistance, wicking properties of the particular wick, even the way you draw....

So what do i think ?

Great device, comfortable, easy to use, my new primary device :-)

Thanks for reading

Regards

Dave

Back
Top Bottom