What's new

RPM2 coils

CaraJay

Initiate
Back with more RPM2 problems :30:

I got 2 packs of replacement coils on Wednesday and so far have used 7 of the 10 - 4 of which started tasting burnt after a few hours of use, the other 3 of which tasted burnt from the first hit

They were all primed for a minimum of 20 mins, 2 of them for an hour to make absolutely sure I wasn’t somehow messing up

What am I doing wrong here? I can’t afford to keep replacing coils

How do you prime them?
If you're not putting enough eliquid inside the coil then priming the outer parts is effectively useless.

If your vaping at a high wattage do start at low and gradually increase the watts to your preferred wattage if you don’t that will burn the coils out very quick.

which ohm coil are you using and at what wattage. also what ratio of vg/pg juice are you using.

• Mesh 0.16 Ω & DC 0.25Ω: These lower resistance coils produce thicker, denser vapour and are best for an airier vape and a Direct-Lung inhale. 70vg
  • DC MTL 0.6 Ω: These higher resistance coils are better for a more restricted vape and a Mouth-to-Lung inhale. 50vg/50pg
  • Mesh 0.16Ω: 30-50W
  • DC 0.6Ω: 12-25W

which ohm coil are you using and at what wattage. also what ratio of vg/pg juice are you using.

• Mesh 0.16 Ω & DC 0.25Ω: These lower resistance coils produce thicker, denser vapour and are best for an airier vape and a Direct-Lung inhale. 70vg
  • DC MTL 0.6 Ω: These higher resistance coils are better for a more restricted vape and a Mouth-to-Lung inhale. 50vg/50pg
  • Mesh 0.16Ω: 30-50W
  • DC 0.6Ω: 12-25W

0.16 at 35-40w with a 70vg liquid :17:

If your vaping at a high wattage do start at low and gradually increase the watts to your preferred wattage if you don’t that will burn the coils out very quick.

I always start at 20-25 to be safe, it’s a 0.16 ohm coil so that feels super low

How do you prime them?
If you're not putting enough eliquid inside the coil then priming the outer parts is effectively useless.

5 drops onto each of the exposed bits, left to soak for 20 mins - then leave it for 15-30 mins after putting it all together

5 drops onto each of the exposed bits, left to soak for 20 mins - then leave it for 15-30 mins after putting it all together
Are you doing 5 drops down the center of the coil too or just the pads on the outside?

I think Smok must outsource their coil manufacturing after a couple of months or something as their coils are always great for a few months after a device has come out then turn crap, so you might not necessarily be doing anything wrong. Apart from the above advice I believe Coilology/vapjoy did rebuild kits for the RPM2 so my advice would be to just give those a go instead.

Back
Top Bottom