What's new

Review Sigelie Holi, Spectrum Kaos

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hello Apes tonights review is for the Sigelei Holi Spectrum Kaos. This device was kindly sent to me by James @Healthcabin for review purpose. So i would like to thank James for sending it out to mePlease note this will not have any influence over my review.
So lets get started and tell you whats in the box.

1pc Sigelei Kao Holi Spectrum 230W Mod
1pc Micro USB cable
1pc User manual
1pc Warranty card
1 qc card
1 authenticity booklet

Specs

Material: Zinc Alloy
Size: Height 88mm;Width 45mm;Depth 30mm
Color: Holi
Shipping weight: 332g
Package: Gift box

Features:
1. 8 changeable LED color lights screen bezel, can be disabled
2. 10 to 230W output wattage range
3. Bypass mode & Preheat function
4. Temperature control suite: Ni200, SS316L, Titanium & adjustable TCR
5. Firmware upgradeable
6. 0.96 inch TFT color display
7. Powered by two high amperage 18650 batteries (sold separately)
8. On board charging with 2.5A max charge current
9. Low Resistance/Short/Low Battery/Temperature Protection
10 Temp range 200f to 570f
11 as low as 0.1 up to 3.0 ohm compatible
12 max voltage output 1v-7.5v
13 max Voltage input 3.4v-8.4v
14 max amp output 35amps
segelei-kaos-11.jpg

So the first thing i did was update the firmware which i found a bit difficult at first but it is similar to how you upgrade Smok mods ie you have to hold down the fire button during the upgrade.
I have mainly used the wattage mode which i will say is very good the tc for ss 316 and Ni200 are also very smooth too.
The Holi is a new colour in the Spectrum Kaos range but the device has had a bit of an upgrade, including 8 different light colour options instead of the original 6. i prefer to turn off the light as this really does help the battery time. The menu system has been updated, I have seen a couple of reviews of the original Spectrum Kaos so one i do know is there is now acceleration which speeds through turning up and down the power setting so you can reach your desired wattage much faster.
The device has 2.5 amp charging which actually works pretty good as always i advise using an external charger for your batteries.
The batteries go in at the bottom which has clear markings as to which way to insert them and the door is similar to mods like IPV6x IPV8, Smok Alien but is a good door that doesn't pop open when placed down on a table etc. There is only a very small split for ventilation in the door this could have been improved by using several hole shapes instead
The fire button is a really big button which i really like the up down buttons are small but this is because they are on the front just above the screen which is not the best place to have them as you tend to cover some of the screen when using them.
The usb port is located below the fire button near the bottom of the mod and is upright rather than across the mod. this can be used for charging and firmware upgrades
The 510 is press fitted ss with a spring loaded pin which i cannot find any info as to what its made of .
The device will have no overhang with tanks like the tfv12 27mm max. The Sherman RTA is 28mm and has a slight overhang.
The device will take a little to ramp up if you have rested it a while on your first press then almost instantly there on
The device colours are very nice and vibrant and sort of change with the angle you look at the device from. there is a leather style piece on the back of the device which is the same size as the screen and light area on the front

Onto how to use.

5 clicks to turn on and off,
3 clicks to enter menu, menu has options for power tcr and the light.
Hold fire and down to lock, this locks only the up down buttons
Hold up and fire to enter preheat adjustment for using temp control to alter wattage and how long to preheat
The buttons have only a slight rattle but not as bad as the original Spectrum from what i can gather.

The screen is quite a thin screen compared to say the wismec predator so i would have liked a bigger screen, see pics at the bottom.

The screen displays wattage, ohms, and voltage as well as both battery voltage
amps, battery % remaining and a battery bar. Also the wattage changes colour when you get to 60 watts and again at 120 watts from light blue upto 60w to white then red for over 120 so in sense it's a colour screen

in tc mode the screen displays temp, instead of wattage and wattage in place of amps.

The bad thing with this mod and the screen info is the battery voltage, this is pointless or at least the seperate battery voltage is, both batteries display totally strange figures ie at the moment mine says battery 1 3.97 battery 2 4.06 after a 3 second vape it saying 4.2 and 3.91 the screen turms off then i press to wake up and get 4.02 and 3.97.
but have had it displaying a huge difference at times like 4.0 and 3.57v.

Tc modes available are ni200 titanium ss 316, 317,and 304.

Battery life is not as good as most duel 200w plus mods and is even poorer with the light on or set to on when in use.
I would definately advise you to not keep the light on constant as if you forget and leave it on overnight your batteries may over discharge.

Pro's

1.Colourful
2.large fire button
3.nice in the hand
4. Works excellent in wattage and tc modes
5.simple to alter in menu;s
6. 2.5 amp charging

Cons

1. up down button placement
2. battery voltage needs sorting via a firmware review
3. the light uses way to much battery and can over discharge batteries if you leave it on constant overnight.
4. battery life

Conclusion

The Sigelei Spectrum Kaos Holi is a pretty device and will be more of a favourite with younger users mainly due to the light as i can't see many older vapers seeing the need or wanting to wave it around at some sort of Grime or garage event.
I have not been a fan of sigelei since they stopped using Yihi chipsets in their mods.
This said apart from the couple of cons i think the device works quite well and the improvements made have now made this mod much more user friendly over the original version. It is a decent smaller sized duel 18650 mod. Wether it will actually achieve 230 watts i don't have the ability or tools to check.

Here is a link to the device on healthcabin thanks for reading my review and hope you found it helpful.
http://www.healthcabin.net/sigelei-kaos-holi-spectrum-230w-box-mod-p/14704.html

20170723_225251[1].jpg 20170723_225330[1].jpg 20170723_225336[1].jpg 20170723_225437[1].jpg
upload_2017-7-23_23-17-19.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom