What's new

Smok alien board

Ben Hawkes

Initiate
So I've got a sigelei 150 and an old smok alien, not using either, could I use the boards from either, preferably the smok, and remake a new mod in a hammond box? Upgrading the 18650's to 21700's and possibly using a new 510? But in the grand scale of things just swap out everything else?

By the time you buy all the parts be better of buying a new mod it would alot cheaper. The last mod I built cost me 40-50 to build and wasn't worn anywere that when I sold it on

You could do it but why would you want either of those Boards in a new mod?. DNA 60 new are cheep, and are better than both of those boards.

Fair points from both [emoji1303] was more of a 'well they're laying around not doing anything, perhaps I could repurpose?' but I guess I'll forego that then lol

So I've got a sigelei 150 and an old smok alien, not using either, could I use the boards from either, preferably the smok, and remake a new mod in a hammond box? Upgrading the 18650's to 21700's and possibly using a new 510? But in the grand scale of things just swap out everything else?
Of all the boards you could use. I’d view a Smoke board, of that era, as the worst possible choice.
However if you’re looking to do it, as proof of ability/concept. You’ve lost very little, if you do cock it up.

As others have said. A DNA board, is both a better option, and quite cheap.

Of all the boards you could use. I’d view a Smoke board, of that era, as the worst possible choice.
However if you’re looking to do it, as proof of ability/concept. You’ve lost very little, if you do cock it up.

As others have said. A DNA board, is both a better option, and quite cheap.
It would be more of a doing it to test my ability to do it, but this route doesn't seem the right route to go down. However, I used to have a hex 2.1 many moons ago of which I leant to my brother in law, never to be seen again. The idea of diy'ing a t20 mod has been in my mind since, and thinking I could use a board off of one of these redundant mods, to make a 'first diy mod' to test my ability is what I was thinking. I will now proceed along the route of a t20 mod. One question though, with the 510s you can get etc being varying different sizes and attys etc not being the same diameter, can you countersink the 510 connector in a hammond box?

It would be more of a doing it to test my ability to do it, but this route doesn't seem the right route to go down. However, I used to have a hex 2.1 many moons ago of which I leant to my brother in law, never to be seen again. The idea of diy'ing a t20 mod has been in my mind since, and thinking I could use a board off of one of these redundant mods, to make a 'first diy mod' to test my ability is what I was thinking. I will now proceed along the route of a t20 mod. One question though, with the 510s you can get etc being varying different sizes and attys etc not being the same diameter, can you countersink the 510 connector in a hammond box?
Then, as I said, have at it. It’s the perfect board. And let us know how you’re doing.

your post has encouraged me to strip down a T Class Sxmini, that’s showing signs of juice ingress. I may well look to build my own first mod, with its board, as I have two. And the other is sound.

You can countersink a hammond box but you would need a good way to hold it while drilling and as for 510's try a modmaker one never had any problems with the ones he has designed and sells better than fat daddy vapes

Back
Top Bottom