What's new

Smok G-Priv Touchscreen 220w Pics & Review

vaporiser

Postman
This morning I received the new Smok G-Priv mod boasting 220w, touchscreen and TC mode. My first impressions.. it is a beautiful piece of kit. Glossy black and red, reminiscent of the H-Priv. Large 2.4 inch touchscreen with the "Smok" logo on top. On the back there is the eye catching 3D carbon fibre magnetic battery cover. It closes perfectly and effortlessly. The fire bar is so much easier than having to find a small button like a light switch in a dark room. Maybe it would've been more comfortable to have the fire bar a few centimetres higher, but I guess they did have to fit the lock/unlock button in. The touchscreen can be turned on and off by a press of this silver button and you can continue vaping even while the screen is off. Holding the silver button will lock the screen and the fire bar. While pressing the fire bar 5 times turns the device on or off.
The touchscreen is so simple and easy to use. Great for beginners and it also provides enough statistics to interest the veterans of vaping. The time is displayed in the upper left corner, date in the centre and dual battery level in the upper right corner. The main menu displays VW mode, TC mode, Max Puff and Settings. Simple enough for anyone to figure out. The settings are pretty basic, I would've liked to have seen a bit more customisation in this mod. Maybe a wallpaper/screensaver. Settings displays the UUID, Model, Screen Timeout, Time and Factory Reset. Watts are easy to adjust anywhere from 1 to 220w. Fires almost instantly from a press of the fire button, feels great in the hand. Very small in height for a touch screen 220w mod, noticeably shorter than the X Cube Ultra. Quite chunky, but this should be expected considering it has a touch screen. Its chunky width also allows it to hold the TFV8 tank without any overhang.
I'm sure many vapers will be worried about cracking the large touch screen on this device. The screen is shatter-resistant thanks to its high strength toughened glass that has taken a 64g metallic ball test from 1m for 10,000 times. Shatter-resistant and shock proof.. dropping this device is unlikely to damage it or even leave a mark. I watched a review on YouTube where ZophieVapes dropped the mod on the floor and it didn't leave a single scratch. A silicone cover and screen protector is provided with the mod just to be safe.
The G-Priv comes in Black/Red, Gold & Silver colours. I must admit the gold was very tempting but I don't have a gold tank to pair with it. You can buy the mod as a kit with the TFV8 Baby Beast which comes in a matching colour. If you don't mind paying £100, the gold G-Priv paired with a gold TFV8 tank would look amazing. I purchased the G-Priv mod for £69 on eBay, if you buy it as a kit you could get it for around £85
2016-11-08 18.18.10.jpg
2016-11-08 18.18.10.jpg
2016-11-08 18.18.53.jpg
2016-11-08 18.18.10.jpg 2016-11-08 18.18.53.jpg online.
Very pleased with this mod. Excellent build quality.. simple to use, but maybe a bit too simple in some areas. Beautiful to look at. Suitable for beginners and vaping veterans.

Attachments

• 2016-11-08 18.19.25.jpg
    2016-11-08 18.19.25.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 2016-11-08 18.20.14.jpg
    2016-11-08 18.20.14.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 85
There's a review section for such topics. You'd get more views posting in the right area.

That probably would've been a good idea lol. Hopefully one of the mods will be able to move this thread please

Be back on moaning it's burning his tonsils & he can smell/taste something burning.

Back
Top Bottom