What's new

Review Smok G Priv Touchscreen

tiger

Initiate
Hi Everyone,

My Smok G Priv Touchscreen review.

Pros:

Feels great, weighty and strong to hold.
All the settings needed to sub ohm vape.
Good size tank, holds plenty of eJuice 5ml with big baby beast.
Can blank out the screen so as not to waste the battery.
Doesn't seem too big, handy to take about in the car.
Great with VG based e juice.

Cons:

Tank leaks making me cry like a big baby with PG based e juice. Had i known i would not have purchased the device.
Too heavy for my pocket. Fine to carry in a car.

Great unit, however though i thought i would never build my own coils, after watching some youtube video's i am happy to make my own coils and save some money there. Maybe I will move on to an RDTA. Thoug would like to know if these leak too.
Though i am new and need more experience i think it is important to buy a tank with the air holes above the e juice tank. I will update this when i have tried it. It seems to me if the air holes are above the juice tank then leaking will not be a problem. Though it does not leak with VG based e juice, i don't want it to leak with any e juice. It is always kept straight but my PG based e juice just leaks out from the air holes and wastes all my e juice. Even if i close the air holes when not in use, it still leaks a lot of e juice. Sorry but all sellers should state that it needs to be used with VG based e juice and this was an expensive buy and no good to me. I know i can replace the tank however i would not have purchased this at all had i known. I would have done more research and found the Joyetech devices. Sorry but i hope this changes and others adopt to putting the air hole above the e juice. as stated VG based e juice was not nice in flavour and made me feel sick. Others also have had this experience. I don't want to spend my money on Smok devices until they change this. I will buy another device with the air holes above the e juice then review and update this if for some reason that does not work.

So this said still a great device if you use VG based e juice. I saw many reviews on youtube before i bought it however none that i saw stated this was a problem. As a result i will try Joyetech then review them. Maybe RDTA is also not for me however i will only know if i try. If RDTA is not for me then i will try the Joyetech Oculus.

I hope other new vapers find this info useful. It would be good to buy the mod without a tank and purchase another tank. The mod itself is very nice indeed.

Feb 2nd 2017 update: Vendor has accepted a return and full refund on the Smok G priv. It has been opened and used though not very much. I did not undo the usb cable as i have so many nor did i take off the sticker from the display off the mod. Seller has accepted a return on the basis that my ejuice is of high quality (vampire vape) and should not leak therefore this is defective. My request for return and refund was on the basis that the description did not state high PG ejuice would leak otherwise i would not have made the purchase. Therefore item not fit for purpose. I guess this is the advantage of buying on-line as i doubt many retailers if any at all would have taken the item back. In any case seller was very nice all round, polite and did try to help. I am now looking for a new mod!.

However i do recommend the mod, just not the TFV8 Big Baby Beast unless you use high VG ejuice.
As stated using PG based e juice leaks and will turn you into a big baby beast very quickly indeed.
I will try a tank with the airflow above the e juice tank next and review.

It may be interesting to find out which ratio of PG/VG works and leaks with the TFV8, just that i wont be doing this.
Though i like Smok until they make more tanks which don't leak for have the air hole above the tank then i will not be buying any of their products, sorry. Having said that, i do like this mod and may one day purchase a newer version. Again very well built, heavy and strong, just like when mobile phones came out, handy in a fight!! now these phones crack with light use therefore useless in a fight, if you have this mod, well, it is like a weapon. Not that i condone fighting in any way, though i feel like chucking one through Smok's window. However as i am U.K based it will not reach China. Any they are so big they probably couldn't care less! Sort your tanks out Smok.

So it's a big Yes for the mod and a big baby No for the TFV8.
I do have a friend who uses the TFV4 and has no leaking issues, i think the air holes on the TFV8 are quite big.
So yes the TFV8 has a big air hole that leaks if your fluid is a bit thin. aka The Kardashian Tank. Same problems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom