What's new

Review Smok m80 pro

takinghippo

Postman
Ahh the smok m80 pro (did i get that right, who cares on with the review) well i have had this device a little under a month now and i have to say im digging it, the m80 is a vw tc device with a vape range of 7 - 80 watts and a temp range of 300 to 900 Fahrenheit.
This has very quickly become my daily driver when it comes to vaping it has a reasonable battery life thanks to the 2 18650s sealed inside a nice alloy body (would not be able to give exact composition, writing this on a night shift at work without the box handy)

Overall this is a nice and small mod with a handy power range as not many vapers will need to go past 80w but if you do smok have you covered with xcube 2 but thats for a different review for a different day, so lets dive into the options this device gives us (hint theres lots of options) to access the menu its e clicks of the fire button and then one click to cycle through the menus first menu is firing mode where you get the options of power,mech and temp power and temp a fairly self explanitory they put you into either temp sence mode or standard vw mode, the mech mode turns this thing into a whole other beast where the voltage pushed to atty is decided by the battery voltage within the device. Between these three modes smok have you covered on your vape options making this a fantastic starter device for those looking to take a step into the enthusiast level of vaping.
The temp control on the m80 is a vastly different beast to that of other tc devices in that it kind of works with kanthal i say kind of, i doubt the readings are accurate but it dowes affect the heat of the vape by rattle snaking the voltage, i usually have mine set at 80w and 400 degrees regardless of what coils i have in, when running this with a ni200 build i can say i havent had a single dry hit which is a nice change from getting up in the morning and forgetting id vaped my atty dry the night before, so the temp control does its job with kanthal the temp control is more how warm a vape you get and unlike ni200 you still run the risk of dry or burnt hits so be warned.

Delving deeper into the menus you will find a puff counter that will tell you how many pulls you have had and for how long and the temp settings which im glad are in a dedicated menu so it doesnt get changed in my poket, ill get round to that, and after that is the options for time and date and power.

Right thats the menus now onto the pros and cons

Pros
80w is just the right amount of power for most uses
Easy to use, i picked it up in an hour without delving into smoks user guide written in perfect engrish
Temp control not limited to ni coils, not tried ti yet as i havent got any
High speed usb charging
Spring loaded 510
Light weight
Tons of protection features

Cons
Battery compartment sealed
Occasionaly slips into the menu when locking / unlocking the device
Usb on the bottom of the device

Cutting the review here all in all a cracking product and well worth buying at the right price, i have seen these go for as low as 50£ and as high as 90£ so look around and find a price your willing to pay. Tons of safety features and plenty of vaping optio s makes this a winner in my books and it has even replaced my istick 100w which i got the month previous.
I give this mod a rating of 4 out of 5 batterys ☁

Back
Top Bottom