What's new

Smok T-Priv 3 gold - Pros and Cons?

Chris ASAIPILLAI

hi there

I am thinking of getting the Smok T-Priv 3 Gold.

To those of you out there, what are the Pros and Cons of owning this Mod?

I'm not a Smok lover, but I saw one of these and loved it -I got a silver one and I'm very happy with it.

Pros:

It looks like the head of a Transformer.
3 batteries.
Big fire bar - it doesn't matter how you pick it up, you just squeeze.
The battery compartment appears to be sealed, so no danger from leaks, though I can't be sure of this.
The polarity markings are huge.

Cons:

No USB charging.
The battery door is fiddly to close and I always end up squeezing the fire button or adjusting the wattage while doing so.
The adjustment buttons are horrible and tiny.
It's a Smok.

I'm not a Smok lover, but I saw one of these and loved it -I got a silver one and I'm very happy with it.

Pros:

It looks like the head of a Transformer.
3 batteries.
Big fire bar - it doesn't matter how you pick it up, you just squeeze.
The battery compartment appears to be sealed, so no danger from leaks, though I can't be sure of this.
The polarity markings are huge.

Cons:

No USB charging.
The battery door is fiddly to close and I always end up squeezing the fire button or adjusting the wattage while doing so.
The adjustment buttons are horrible and tiny.
It's a Smok.

Thanks Ment

I've heard that the Priv-3 drinks liquid ...is that true?
How often do you have to charge the batteries?
Is the vape experience good on it?

A mod doesn't "drink liquid", it's a power source for whatever tank/attie you put on it. Some tanks will "drink juice" especially at higher watts. If the Priv-3 starts drinking juice you've got a leak in the tank & probably a dead Priv-3.

A mod doesn't "drink liquid", it's a power source for whatever tank/attie you put on it. Some tanks will "drink juice" especially at higher watts. If the Priv-3 starts drinking juice you've got a leak in the tank & probably a dead Priv-3.
I found my Vaptio N1 in the fridge last night drinking a stubbie of Carlton Draught. Was a hot night so I cut it some slack, closed the door and went back to bed.

I've owned a couple of T-Priv 3's since they were released, a nice solid mod and very sci-fi looking which appeals to my tastes.

Pro's:
Despite it's size it's very ergonomic and sits nicely in your hand.
Fire button bar is one of my favourites, very responsive.
Simple user interface screen, though it's small it's still easy to read.
3 batteries gives a long life between charging.
Ideal for high wattage tanks or coil builds, anything over 120 watts this is my goto mod.
Secure battery door and easy to see + and - symbols.

Cons:
Fingerprint magnet.
Not very pocket friendly.
Quite heavy.
A mod you have to treat carefully to avoid scratching, I'm a little OCD looking after my mods yet I still have a few light scuffs on the base.

Batteries last ages with most tanks, I was getting around 2-3 days when I used it exclusively with a Prince tank vaping around 70 watts.

As mentioned above it's not a juice guzzler, the tank you put on it determines that factor, I have a TF V12 Cloud Beast King on mine at the moment and even that vaping at 130 watts doesn't consume as much juice compared to my Falcon Artisan with Mesh coil at 75-80 watts which is a juice guzzler but better flavour.

Current prices of this mod are a bargain if you shop around.

Final note, I do love this mod but I have to admit it gets little use these days, not one I go to grab when going out.

LH6A7392.jpg

Size comparison to a few other Smok's I own, it's not as big as I expected which was a good thing, obviously it's girth is wider for 3 batterries:

SMOKSMOKSMOK.jpg

I tried to thin the herd - sold the T-Priv 2 but bought another Mag & Prince Stick :12:

Though I actually haven't bought a new Smok for months, none of the new range appeal to me, they lost me at 'Voice Control'.

I have put 3 of them in my 'For Sale' box when I can be arsed to photograph them.

Back
Top Bottom