What's new

Review Smok Xpro M80 Plus - First Impressions

scootlandt35

Postman
Well, shinyitis kicked in again and I upgraded my Aspire ESP 30w for the Smok M80 Plus.

I have the most recent v6 model which has the, as yet, publicly unavailable firmware upgrade. Checking on the Smok website mine was only produced on 29/04/15 so it's really fresh from the factory. Purchased from myepack. First time buying from there and first class service. Paid very late on Sunday night, despatched Monday with their free delivery option and arrived today! Thanks guys!

So, first impressions. IT'S BRILLIANT. I'm sorry for gushing over a mid-range box mod, but it really is! The weight is spot on, the hand feel is great. Buttons and screen are very usable and didn't even need to read the instructions to find my way around the menu etc.

It happily ran the 0.3ohm dual coil build I did on my Freakshow all the way up to 70w (I stopped, the vape became a tad warm for me)

Currently running my Kanger Subtank Mini with the RBA and a 0.8ohm build at 30w and the box is barely breaking a sweat. Flavour seems better too, that might just be a placebo effect. Or it may genuinely regulate the wattage better than the Aspire?

Friends have asked why I need 80w. My reply was, you don't buy a Ferrari to drive it at full tilt all the time, but it's nice to have the option. Aside from that, running my Kanger at 30w on the Aspire was pushing it's limits. Doing the same on the Smok is barely trying.

Not had chance to play with the TC. Yes, I know there have been some teething problems. I think the main one is people comparing it to £120+ devices. But Smok are trying something new and for that I think credit where credit is due. Have a Beyond Vape Silo Beast on hold at my local B&M for payday on Friday and will get one of their Ni200 coils and give it a bash.

Will get back to you all after a couple days usage and definitely after I have the Silo!

Ta-ra!

Back
Top Bottom